Forums > Social Chat > Spontaneous gigs = awesome.

Login/Join to Participate

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I just got a call from a friend about half an hour ago. She told me she has a fire gig for tonight, starting at 7 PM (That's in less than 5 hours) for her and a couple of her troupe members and they need a poi spinner. I hardly EVER do paid gigs, so I'm quite happy... the pay is good too, $150 each! I have no time to prepare and very little costuming (Just some martial arts pants, probably shirtless?), but I'll surely have a good time.

The gig is a really cool concept... the person hiring us wants us to show up silently and secretly, spin, and leave the venue as quickly as possible, so the audience doesn't really have a chance to understand what is going on, and we're gone as soon as they get it. Sounds fun!

Sorry, had to vent my excitement somewhere and this seemed appropriate.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
YAY clap Have a great time and enjoy the performance. As NYC would say, "just do the weave fast" wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: flash fire

As NYC would say, "just do the weave fast" wink

ubblol

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Sweet, that sounds like a really cool gig, congratulations! I hope some day I will have the skill to perform at least semi-professionally.
For future reference, there are some great ideas for costumes around here:
[Old link]
[Old link]
I usually stick with black club wear, leather and PVC. Anything that does not restrict movement or catch the chains.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Gig went very well. I managed to pull together a decent costume, Aikido (sp?) pants, shirtless, some tribal armbands, little big of makeup, and some cool tribal jewelry. 12 minute performance, $470 for 3 performers. Not too shabby. We even pulled together a decent routine, although it was still 'spinjam' style for the most part.