Forums > Help! > What poi should I get next? Birthday and Christmas are coming...

Login/Join to Participate

Kinetic EnergyBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Hi people, I already own a pair of sock poi (my favourite...) and some pretty long, heavy fire poi. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some shorter, lighter fire poi... But what else?

I'd love some GOOD glow/LED/flashy-stuff poi, so if anyone can recommend a pair...

And flags, as well. I'm really interested in flags... any suggestions?

Cheers Ta biggrin

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
Christmas for me is gonna involve some beaming poi and some 4 inch monkey fists. AWWWWWW I can't wait. Depending on how experienced you are the beaming poi in the HoP shop look like pretty good led poi to me. Butfrom what I read about them you do not want to accidently hit yourself.

Peace, Love, Circles

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
How much money are you willing to spend?

smile

12 posts

Posted:
Well...... *evil grin* it isn't my money. It's birthday and christmas presents...... so pretty much whatever. Aerotech would be preferable, I know... but their site still doesn't sell glopoi (some testing mess up...)

I'm not a beginner, I know how to not hit myself. I think with two heavy, hard, flashing buggers spinning round my head I'll be careful... k, seriously, I spin fire as well. I'm fine on the 'not hitting yourself/breaking them' front. Just not so good on the 'knowing what poi to buy' front.......

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
get towo aerotech balls.

Minimum is £60 for the pair..
Maximum is quite horrendus...

www.globall.com

if you dont already know the site.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Get a staff! smile

12 posts

Posted:
Check the site, the glopoi pro isn't there... something about a fault...?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Make a pair of longer poi with ball chain, Make counterweighted handles (ideally I think beaming poi would work for optimal aesthetic quality)

Discover the joys of counterweighted handled poi vs non counterweighted handled poi.

Perhaps get enough ball chain so you can swap the chain to make it significantly shorter, so you can easily go between short and long poi (it's kind of hard to wrap your poi shooter when you let go of them)

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Don't get aerotech glopoi, do what jon said and get 2 balls and light socks to put them in.

as for flags the best ones I've ever bought were from Home of Poi

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

12 posts

Posted:
Counterweighted handles.........?

And that's a very good idea you have with two Aerotech balls and socks...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
if you want nice glow balls that aren't as pricey as aerotechs you could try here because they sell some really nice looking reasonably cheap ones.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I just got my set of rainbow glowbugs in the mail the other day- They're so awesome! Very light, but they look so lovely when you spin them. If you don't mind light weight, I reccomend a set of these, wholeheartedly.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

12 posts

Posted:
Right, I'm decided ("TIS ENGENDER'D!")

I'm going for the HoP glowing LED ones, and a pair of short(er) fire poi (my first, and only, pair are 32 inches... I want some nice short ones for ker-azy spinning!)

HeluertoGOLD Member
17 posts

Posted:
Get some fluffy poi! They are well cute, although I don't like the HOP ones - too yellow! yeti threads do some, but they keep selling on ebay for nearly £20 - found some on www.enjoypoi.co.uk though at £15.99 cute balls of fluff!

Hx