dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
I wanted to bring this up here because I was just curious if these kinds of things happen all over the world.... In Southern California (south of Los Angeles), there have been four kidnappings (3 murders and one still missing) in the last 5 months... It's not the same person doing the crimes, and the ages of the victims is from 2-17.... I just can't believe there are that many sickos out there... I know there are sick people all over the world, but I just feel we've been bombarded here recently with these types of horrid crimes.... Sorry to bring up a downer... I don't know if news from other places just doesn't travel here or if it's not happening much???? Thanks for any comments, as I'm just kind of bewildered by it all right now....

Dark Chaosmember
15 posts

Posted:
wish i could help you dulce... i agree that it's sick though.

the night is darkest before the dawn

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
there's alotta good people too! take cass for example,
quote:
so i pulled out my poi to distract the kid and in 2 seconds he stopped crying and calmed down and watched then smiled, then laughed
that kinda sweetness impresses me beyonds words, sure, it's not the same ball park as the gravity of a kidnap-murder, but it reasserts my faith in humanity! take the good with the bad, like neighbours episodes, dude!! may your love of humanity outweigh your disgust of it
/hands dulce a soothing cup of chai, even though the honey used to sweeten it was a product from the enslavement of bees (fight the powa )

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
OOOOOH , I love chai.. and if I could reach it, I could probably stay up and chat longer! Glad you stick to the positive Bender... I agree there are billions of wonderful people out there... I luckilly havn't had many run ins with bad guys in my 24 years here... Just thinkin' about 'em tonight 'cause I watched the news and am left with the face of a beautiful little girl who a bad guy got ahold of...... GGGGGRRRRR.. anyway, maybe now I'll just work on Labor Unions for Bees.... They deserve fair labor practices and they sure do have a great product! *peas...

6,978 posts

Posted:
yeah the people ya can have faith in...it them bees yah gotta look out for
/beads eyes and pulls up collar

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Dulce ... I don't know if this will lift your mood or not ... I think it is the same everywhere... Cultures are different of course, but sickos / idiots / jerks / mean people are one nation of its own but spread around the world ..

One thing I know is that we now have TV and so when You watch the news, it sometimes feels like an endless list of bad news. that is why quite often I like to erad the papers and think about it and get different point of views (sorry ... getting carrie away here). anyway ... that's the effect the system has : because we receive ALL sorts of news at once we don't always have time to process things and take distance ...

yes, tehre are sickos ..; there are ugly souls sometimes far away, sometimes around the corner... No reason to panic ... but a very good reason to enjoy the sunshine and warmth wherever it is

I'll have some tchai too please ...

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I know what you're sayin... a guy i'd met busking a little while ago had taken some footage of us and stuff... given us photos he'd taken. He came across as nice and normal and stuff... I had coffee with him a couple of times... talked to him on the phone on and off and generally seemed pretty okay.

He asked me to go for a drive down to Byron for a bit to do some stuff down there for a night or so and I, being busy, kinda said yeah maybe.

Anyways, long story short (well not really now eh?) a get a call from a guy I know on the Monday after that last phone call, saying that this guy's pic was in the paper and he'd been convicted of child sex charges. I didn't believe it at first..couldn't believe it. Checked out the paper and indeed it was him, same name, same face, same car. It scared the shit outta me, made me really angry, upset, felt sick..etc etc.

Luckily got some performing work away from Bris and told him I had to split etc. Couldn't confront him over it cos I thought it might make him go crazy and start stalking me or something. *shrug* It just weirded me out. Made me consider locking myself in a room for 5 years and not meeting new people. Seriously. I've had a shit year that way. But in all seriousness, ya can't do that.. it makes them 'win' in a sense.

Sure, I might be more discriminatory with ppls in the future - but that doesn't mean I'm going to go into each day and each new friendship with a big reluctance or suspicion.

The bad makes the good feel that much better. (And shine that much brighter too eh? )

I'm not a judgemental person - but you do need a little caution every now and then.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
These things happen the world over. Sad but true.

I did a lot of research on serial killers for a project at college and one of the things I found out is that these sick people (sociopaths) had horrendous abusive childhoods at the hands of other sick people. What is needed is for people to pay more attention to what is happening in their own neighbourhood. To report all child abuse and follow the complaint up to make sure some one is doing something about it. Only by breaking the chain of abuse can society stop producing these monsters.

Sickos, ugly souls, perverts murderers and all negative personality types are not born, they are made.

Are we nearly there yet?

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Thistle:
Only by breaking the chain of abuse can society stop producing these monsters
too bloody right!
the question we all must face is:
Jeans or cargoes?
no wait.. i meant to say
*ahm*
the question is whether our role in life is a giver or a taker.
"It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust."
Samuel Johnson

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
ahhh yes... I quoted that Samuel Johnson line to my housie the other day and he was much moved and inspired. And I was trying to figure out where the hell I got it from as I am not really one for actually remembering how stuff like that goes exactly.

Did any of you guys see the Mr Hell Show? With that seal that has his parents killed when he's a little cub? or seal-ett? sealit... anyway.. in his words and expression... ITTT WAS YOUUUUU!!!!!!!

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King