Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
I would do a search but i dont know what i'm searching for confused sorry if i'm not very good at explaining....

Okay, so from forwards butterfly i have been doing the movement for a 4bt TTN, then separating my hands a bit, this makes the poi twist and continue to bounce in a butterfly style but around the middle of the strings,
... exiting smoothly is tricky - i have been going BTH... seems to work,

i'm guessing maybe something like an bf airwrap? can someone help me out with terminology?

biggrin

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a butterfly airwrap to me... biggrin

"Moo," said the happy cow.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i would call it a

continuous bouncy butterfly airwrap from 4bt TTN (hands crossed?) like that one that psycho lemming does

or possibly

the perpetual metaflange

alternatively ignore me, and listen to the (allegedly) more sensible Dr spiralx

Incidentally, many people mispronounce spiralx's name, believing it to be pronounced

SPY - RAL - EX

when in fact the correct pronunciation is

SPI - RALK - SS

i hope this note will prevent further such misenunciating or malnomenclating in future.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
You are sooo getting retributative poking and general finger pointing on Tuesday young man! spank

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Apologies for being an idiot (and reviving an old thread), but is there a name for a mexican wave done in the same place as the corkscrew? Because corkscrew is windmill, not mexican wave.. right?

*is idiot*

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
corkscrew is windmill?

Nope. Windmill is windmill. biggrin

Corkscrew is corkscrew.

Most simply, the poi can either be spinning in the same direction (commonly referred to as 'weave' direction) or in opposite directions ('butterfly').

Windmill is poi spinning in same direction above your head in vertical plane.

Mexican wave is (as far as I know) poi spinning opposite directions above the head.

Corkscrew is poi spinning horizontally in same direction and going above the head for a part of their cycle.

If you do this in opposite directions I thinkit's called a horizontal mexican wave.

Does that help?

smile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Windmill is corkscrew though, the only difference between the two is that one is front/rear wall planes, the other floor/ceiling planes.

3,638 posts

Posted:
no. windmill is windmill. It is called that because of it's plane.

corkscrew is corkscrew. it is called that to differentiate it from the windmill because it is on a different plane.

If you mean that your hands perform the same movement but in a different place and with gravity acting in a different direction then cool smile you're right smile

but they have different names and are different moves. - lol. biggrin

so you can't really say on IS the other.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
holy crap. if you're not the same person as "mediator", "nearly_all_gone" that's kind of scary. I think this was just what he was asking about in a 'name this move' thread, too. I'd call it the 'horizontal mexican wave' if you have to, instead of 'longarm seperated non-turning corkscrew-plane butterfly weave'.

Whatever it takes for me not to ever have to type that again. wink

-- dut

3,638 posts

Posted:
lol - that was exactly my answer dut - smile

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I'm not the same person as meditator, which is a shame, because otherwise I'd have already seen the answer to it! Sorry people... I thought what I was describing was different from what meditator was.. but I had no idea bout these "weave" and "butterfly" terms for directions. I call one chase and one indwards. Because I am silly. smile Thanks for the help though!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau