Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Surely there must be other pyromaniacs in Leicester other than me?!?!?

Login/Join to Participate

dis_tional_funcnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Trying to find a meeting in Leicester but no joy as yet. Recently started poi and want to keep it going!!!

Anyone interested in starting a meeting? ubbidea mattyb2002@hotmail.com

Help take a stand against poverty.........eat the poor! x

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Not right now there ain't. tongue

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
I"m in Nuneaton, so close.. Have you looked in general circus groups? www.jugglingdb.com is a good start. I found a club in nuneaton where a couple do poi, and there's one in cov also smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
there`s definately a few. try pm-ing flowing chalice or dopehats666. if not come to notts + come to the sheffield day on 30th october anyway... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

dis_tional_funcnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
ill have a look at that. thanks wink

littlemisshelennewbie
17 posts

Posted:
can i recruit you? maybe?
ive just started up a poi society at de montfort university, we'll be meeting on tuesdays at the union building if you'd like to join us

mmm... flammable

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
im over in hull but will be going to the sheffield spin on 30th, cant wait!!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

dis_tional_funcnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
hey

yeah, would love to join you!

work might stop me certain weeks, but apart from that i cant see a problem.

will i be ok joining you even though im not a student at demont? im currently a student at Queen Elizabeth just behind Leic Uni.

let me know! if you need it my e-mail is mattyb2002@hotmail.com

take care,

matt x ubbrollsmile

littlemisshelennewbie
17 posts

Posted:
biggrin
new people to poi with make me so happy!
not being a dmu-er doesnt matter at all... ill let you know when we have a definite meet up time and location

mmm... flammable

dis_tional_funcnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
thanks biggrin

littlemisshelennewbie
17 posts

Posted:
good news biggrin and bad news eek
good first - still meetin tuesdays an non uni students are still welcome but, here comes the bad bit, we're usin uni property to practice so to join club you have to pay ten quid. its for insurance purposes although we do get half back to spend on new equipment. hope thats ok with you, if not you could be an unnoficial member and meet up with us at weekends. redface
let me know

mmm... flammable

dis_tional_funcnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
hey

no thats cool. may have to wait til the 1st october though when i get paid. things are a bit tight as im sestranged from my parents and so having to pay my way elsewhere.

but yeah. ill definitely be up for that. is there a cut off date for payment? and do you know roughly what time on a tues we will be meeting?

looking forward to it! biggrin

matt x

littlemisshelennewbie
17 posts

Posted:
cool! no cut off date for payment. we'll be meeting tuesay 6-7 in the bar of the de montfort union. however we had a sign up day yesterday and masses of people wanted to join so we may have to find a bigger room at some stage. you can come along for a few weeks before you have to pay so dont worry about that. if you have your own poi, staff or anythin like that if you could bring them with you that'd be a BIG help smile
see you soon

mmm... flammable

dis_tional_funcnewbie
20 posts

Posted:

yeah, will be able to bring poi after this weekend.....a friend is making them for me and im collecting them this weekend.

a rather weird question you might think but......any chance i can take your name?! just show i can show up and actually be linked to someone rather than be on my lonesome lol.

will most likely be there tomorrow all being well. i assume the bar is in the new building opposite the gateway college?

x

ubbrollsmile

littlemisshelennewbie
17 posts

Posted:
yep the big glass building opposite gateway college is where we'll be! its the first floor area. we'll be in the back half. i'll be on the lookout for lost looking poi people. my names helen an im the chairwoman of our society so hopefully ill be able to introduce you to lots of people!

mmm... flammable

brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
hey, is this society still running?

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!

nonenonenoneSILVER Member
129 posts

Posted:
I believe it is, as i was invited to go along the other day! although i dont know times, day or where abouts it is!

But if your interested, monday nights from about 8.00 (i think!) In the union building at Leicester uni, there is a general circus society meeting! Lots of juggling, not much poi but its kind of an open thing. its not a huge thing but a variety of people show up and they are all very friendly! lol

brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
kwl, will have to think bout tht, im v busy at the mo!

should get some people down to clocktower on saturdays bout 4ish, all my friends would be very entertained

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!

JaqueDarkBRONZE Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:

Would be interested to know if this group is still alive or has it long since passed?

JD
x