OzE_QTBRONZE Member
64 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

I'm having big problems with the forums when I'm logged on. When I'm logged off everything is ok but if I'm logged on I can't get in to 'Social chat' at all. I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /home/homeofpoi/www/ubbthreads/postlist.php on line 120

I've been having this problem for ages now and I've deleted my cookies and changed my preferences but it hasn't helped frown
I have emailed info@homeofpoi.com (2 months ago and again more recently) Has anyone got any more suggestions?

Thanks,
OzE_QT

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hi there,

I have noted your problem and will request site admin to have a look to see what is going on.... DOM!! Where are you?

It could be an issue with your ISP, so I would recommend that you go into your user default options and maybe change display to 10 per page or something. Now, having said that, I don't actually know much about computers, but try it out for now and see how you go. This may sound ridiculous, but have you tried clicking refresh? It could be a cache thing.

Now that I've probably made a total fool of myself by displaying my sad lack of relevant knowledge, please continue!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

OzE_QTBRONZE Member
64 posts

Posted:
Thank you smile

I changed my settings to 10 per page, flat mode, collapsed threads and now I can get in. YAY!!!
Thanks for your help (it could also have been my kicking and swearing at the computer LOL I've found they usually respond to that!)

Keep smiling biggrin
OzE_QT

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Because Social chat is stupidly large there are problems if you're trying to view as threaded, not collapsed, or lots of subjects per page. You should easily get 25 per page, just don't try threaded!

I should probably go disable that option. I'll add it to my list of things to do!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Cool avatar cool

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Wow - I actually helped someone with a technical issue!

*is chuffed*

biggrin

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.