Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
WJD in Rotterdam was nice. You could choose for the strong sun or for the more comfy shadow from a building.

The URL about double staff swinging for inspiration is: https://www.dance.net/twirling.html
The batons are smaller and rotate very fast. It looks impressive, especially the two batons.

I am thinking of going to the Goa party on the 2nd of July.

Are people going to `Unicycling in the Dutch mountains' next weekend (you should be able to mount an uni without support)? There will be a fire show. I will take my fire pois with me.

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
heya peepz
anyone got somethin to do next saturday?
streetrave in den bosch!!!!!!!
AND we're gonna do a fire show (if you wanna join, just ask, and bring your own lampoil)
it starts round half past two at the paralelweg... (walk out the back of the CS, and turn right.... folow the tracks and after about 300 metres you should see some weird looking people in a group, that'll be us!!!:P)
it'll go on till sunday, so don't worry about the last train :P
there will be tekno, psy-trance, oi-punk, more tekno, drummnbass, enzenzenz....
see y'all there I hope!!!

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Hi there to all the dutch spinners!

I'm going to be in utrecht from the 18-22nd of July, then *somewhere* (either utrecht or 'dam) for the 23rd and half the 24th - is anyone around for a spin? and anyone interested in doublestaff workshops?

Laters,
d
biggrin

monkeys ate my brain

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya Baar, you posted, cool!
And thnx for the link to the baton spinning, those video's from the congressional cup contests, WOW! They got some mad contact and throw stuff, didn't know contact was a part of baton twirling! And if you get your style from those vids, Show me next time (and if you are able to do an illusion, send me a PM and I will stand next to your door within 2 hours wink)

The link I was talking about is all at a slower pace, slightly easyer to learn from smile, certainly worth to check it out ->
https://void.printf.net/~meghan/index.html

@

And Mo-seph, I will surely come to visit you when you're here, a doublestaff workshop never harms ^.^

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Question to all:

Next saturday the 25th there's a alternative-music-festival in Woerden called 'K'boem'... I was asked to take care of some jugglers. Telpeva Isil and Fuero will be there but I still need one more person (especially for the evening!). Doesn't matter if it's diabolo, devilsticks, or poi... if you're pretty good at least one discipline it's OK.

Anyone in for some twirling? For the jugglers it's free festival entrance and some free consumptions!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
sorry...
i'll be a the STREETRAVE then....
please all come!!!
it'll be kewl...
just walk out of the back of the den bosch train staion...(cs)
I'll be there wearing a fluorescent orange vest, giving directions... probably i'm twirling some poi also... biggrin
cyall there...
jochem

Non-Https Image Link

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
dude, I'd love to go, especially because I made new BRIGHT poi and they're really long and pretty...
but alas... might even be going to Brussels this weekend ???

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

580 posts

Posted:
hey mo-seph,

ill be up for some double staff workshops.. havent picked up my doubles in a while (havent posted in even longer, but hey..) sorry im a bit lazy at the moment to read all the posts about that workshop, but if you could fill me in, that would be great.. i promise ill check more often smile

so yea, hi to everyone else.. sorry i just sorta stopped coming/posting.. ill be back hopefully soon.. have another month before i go on vacation to fullmoon festival.. gonna be great, a bunch of hoppers going too..

anyways.. ill rejuvinate our age-old relationship.. i promise smile
till then, take care

floris

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
I am also interested in double staff workshops, but I cannot come. I hope that other hoppers who join it, can learn it me later on.

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Written by: stickman

hey mo-seph,

ill be up for some double staff workshops..

Excellent biggrin
Written by: stickman

sorry im a bit lazy at the moment to read all the posts about that workshop, but if you could fill me in, that would be great.. i promise ill check more often smile

There's not any more info at all at the moment - it was an offer to see if anyone's interested... and it looks like people are, so we can arrange something... biggrin

Got to run for now, but hopefully see you in a couple of weeks ubbrollsmile

monkeys ate my brain

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello Stickman and other Dutch-types wave

How are you all?!!

I'd love to come see you again (and try to remain straight enough to remember everyone), but I'm very poor at the minute. But I promise to be back someday smile

Hope you're all having a great summer and spinning like mad things.

However, looks like you're getting a Mo-Seph workshop, which is splendid, as he's amazingly good biggrin

Have fun, take care
Clare x

Getting to the other side smile

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ow damn, maybe I'll just look nd listen for the doubles workshop, since I only finished my first halve of the double staffs :s (he's pwetty though cool).

And Firepoise, cool to hear from you again, and I'm sure that if you will come back someday you'll get a warm welcome again!

@ all of you! [especially stickman, firepois and Vanize)

I recieved the videomaterial from THE Vondelpark Meeting, and played a little bit with it. I'm actually not content, but since everybody waited for so long I will put the temporary version online for now. (ow NB, the videomaterial was not always acceptable, hence the sometimes unsharp or faltering images frown.
I'm still uploading now, but you should be able to find it in 15 minutes right
-> Here <-

580 posts

Posted:
hey firepoise! nice to hear you enjoyed yourself so much that you want to come back.. and as telp already said, you are more than welcome biggrin

@telp: THATS GREAT NEWS!! im at work right now, so i cant really download it, but tonight.. haha.. at least ill have something to do in wassenaar tonight.. and its cool that youre getting back into staff man.. doubles even! last time i saw you you said you were kind of stuck and giving up on staffing.. if youre getting back into it, i can show you some contact ive been working on lately biggrin.... or something

@mo-seph: i dont know what your plans are, but a saterday (like in about 2-3 weeks) would be excellent, but of course it mainly depends on your schedule.. in principle im available, but weekends are better.. we'll figure something out.

ciao

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hello me darlings!

My apologies also for long absence - had a LOT of studying to do... 2 more essays and then just my thesis to write before I'm done... scary.....

Clare, lurvely to see you here again!! Tom & myself will be over in Ireland this summer, mainly near Galway but we'll be in Dublin for a couple of days in early August as well - don't know if that's at all travelable for you? But if not: all you need is money for the flight (and with ryanair that's really not that much most of the time!) and we can offer you food and a bed smile

And Telp, nice vid! That was an excellent meet and it's great to have some footage of it - you did an amazing editing job with low-quality material (i mean the film, not the spinning!) biggrin

Rest of yous: is anyone going to either Den Bosch or Woerden tomorrow? Or is anything else happening? I have a friend over from England and he'd love to go to a meet if there is one. if not... who feels like coming to Utrecht tomorrow? Say central station, Burger King, 9-ish? If the weather's ok that is.... forecasts are kinda shitty :-(

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Neph!!!!!!!! hug

Long time no see! Would be nice to see you again, but looking out the window right now (3.41 AM) is not inspiring for a meeting frown *where is that crying smiley again?!*.
Ahh well, I will be in Woerden during the day, and Fuero during the evening, so if anyone is into a mini-meet (like tonight, was fun), just come along!

Greenz,
T.I. >

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
also a mini meet is possible in DB...
not just hoppers, but poiers/staffers/spitters...
(we're even gonna tennis with fireballs... curious? just come)
already there will be about 7 peepz from den bosch who bring their stuff...
and i've heard some people are coming from the hague... friends of a girl who lives here...
so just come!!!!

sorry, had to advertise ubbangel

hey I just saw there IS no greamlin for crying peeps.
fckin bunch of peace(hippies) over here... dont they understand crying is an emotion too? one that's pretty common? dammit...

AND I wanted to say i got some new toys!!! today i'm gponna build em,tonight i'm gonna use em!!! biggrin poi with kevlar ropes instead of wicks!!! they are beautiful!!!! biggrin:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
sorry for beingthis enthusiastic...:P

JUST COME TO DEN BOSCH EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
greetz, jochem

835 posts

Posted:
Hey Telp hug good to see you too smile

:crying emoticon: we can't make it to DB i'm afraid punk, but have a brilliant time and I want to see footage of the fire-tennis!

But how's about plan B: tomorrow in Utrecht: the weather will be nice, Mot will be back from England (clapubblove), and good times will be had by all! What say you?

hug

Neph

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

Puh rolleyes stoners smile

580 posts

Posted:
hey neph! long time no see/talk to.. i still have your life of pi book.. it was really great to read, and i finished it a long time ago, but havent seen you since.. just so you know that i didnt just run off with it.. and its still in good condition :P
but on a diff topic (one thats meant for this thread) when is this idea for a meet in utrecht? is that sunday? or saturday? im in wassenaar tonight (sat), but tomorrow is possible.. so uhh... yea, ill check again later today to see wat het is geworden.

oh, and telp, just downloading the vid now..

580 posts

Posted:
hmm... think i needa give my comp some time.. its a bit slow........

835 posts

Posted:
Hey Sticky smile thanks, good job you mentioned that, I lend all my favourite books to people and then complete forget who has them smile Anyone out there have my Wasp Factory? biggrin

I originally suggested having a meet today but changed it to Sunday, would be cool if you could come! Say lepelenburg, 9-ish?

AHEM Miss Firepoise - who you calling a stoner!!??! biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Tee hee

ubbangel

ubblol

Nah, I'm just a light-weight. There's a difference smile

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
stretrave was fuckin awesome!!!!
fireshow wasn't as big as we planned, but still: five peepz, (four of em poiing, one staffing, one whipping (I didn't make snakes, I made a whip of bout a metre), one snaking, and one breathing...), twirling lots offire during half an hour or so...
it only cost us three bottles of lampoil, which I had made a donation pot for, and we got enough money back, so everythings perfect for that matter...

whipping is so fcking great!!! biggrin:D:D

guess I cant be coming tot he meet, gotta clean up the party place round eight... (thats the fcked up thing about being organisation :P)

maybe I'll put some foto's on here if I can find out if/who made some... biggrin:P;)
cya, jochem

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Hi Nephtys,
Nice to hear from you. Still working on that Thesis?
Do you mean monday to meet?
I only have to work in the morning, so at nightI can come to utrecht for a meet. Just spoke to Telp and he can be there to.
It would be nice to see you again and Mot off course.
Greetz,
Fuero

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
mondayevening meet will be nice smile

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
I'm back, biggrin
Firstly wicked vid telp, I loved very much.
Secondly, the meet was planned for tonight 9pm, sunday smile but the weather might force us to go out and have another one tomorrow. Monday 8 pm lepelenburg park.
Talk to you guys soon,
biggrin mot

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
welcome back smile
so tomorrow is set? ill probably drop by with my socks and sticks ;D

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
yup tomorrow is on, and tonight too

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, where's lepelenburgparc?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

580 posts

Posted:
hmm.. gdm biton!! gotta bartend again monday.. and as if it was not meant to be, i have to be there at 8 sharp.. great timing! oh well.. ill keep myself updated on meets.. im itching for another fire sesh!
and mot, welcome back! not that ive been around much lately, but still.. :P

k, ciao

Page: ......