psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
I've noticed several people having trouble with blisters recently. I thought Id share something I heard a while back. From what I remember in a controlled study, cadets at West Point who treated their feet with anti-perspirant, recieved 50% fewer blisters than those who did not. It seems that one of the main chemical ingrediants in the deodorant, allows the skin to move freely without blistering. I do this on my fingers, when I know that Ill be spinning for a while, and I have **never** blistered from poi. I rarely blister when I hike, using that technique. I just thought Id pass along the info.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

adrianmember
58 posts

Posted:
well one lil trick i have done to stop getting blisters from my rubber handels on my poi is to get blisters a lot in the same place till i developed a calus. i dont blister anymore.hehehe grin------------------ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

ladies and gentelmen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice...

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Cheers man sounds very promising.peace out garbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay so this may sound stupid but are we to assume it's the spray kind because I simply cannot imagine using a roll-on on my hands! winkThough they would smell baby fresh!!!! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
I use stick kind on fingers, they smell manly and musky, sort of like uh...deodorant wink

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
You know that SNL skit with the school girl who sticks her fingers in her arm-pits and then sniffs them whenever she gets nervous...? I now have the most horrendous mental picture of all these nervous-but-not-blistered poi performers in the wings of the performance area with their fingers in their arm-pits discussing the benefits for spray vs. roll on...

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
smile smileOK, thank you for that imagery. That's pretty freakin hillarious now that I look at it. Ouch! my sides hurt. smile smile