Forums > Social Chat > Been Dumped (or something like that)

Login/Join to Participate

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
What just happened to me is most easily said by: my best friend (female, not a romantic relationship at all) just broke up with me". Yeeeep.

Okay, so, just hang in, I'm gonna rant for a minute.

I know I've changed, and so has she, in my opinion... I got more socal, she got quieter. As I got happier, she became bitter. Connected?

I don't know. Apparently I don't listen. But she never talked! She said I made her feel like she was my little sister. I felt like I was a three ring circus and always trying to please her, and make her happy. If I was sad, she'd be angry at me, because my problems "aren't the only things going on in the world."

Soo... We're "taking time off of eachother". I mean, I know where it came from.. and I guess I knew it's been coming for a while now. But... it still hurts, and at first.... Well it felt like what I think it'd be liek for someone to find out that their hubby was cheating on them and just leaving out of the blue.

However, after my initial emotional trauma session, I remembered how our time together has slowly... decintigrated, really. And, it was going to come. Still sad though...

So, now... I guess I walk to school alone... and no spaghetti with meatless meatballs and Parasite Eve Wednesdays... need to find another way to karate. *sigh* Time to cope.

Alright, I'm done. Just needed to get it out.

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug

time is an excellent healer honey... just hang in their things always work themselves out

hug hug hug hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
hug Losing friends (for any reason) is never easy. Hang in there though. Life will get better again. hug

On the bright side, you now have the time to develop better friendships with people who have more in common with you or do something cool that you are interested in.

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
Ouch. I'm really sorry to hear that Bobo. frown It sucks that you have to go through that. It's always painful and confusing. I am sending you warm and happy vibes. hug hug hug

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh huni!!! hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
. Its kinda sad when you grow apart from friends like that.

We think you are great Bobo... hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
It's sad when it happens, but sometimes it's for the best. Look at what you've written:
Quote:

I felt like I was a three ring circus and always trying to please her, and make her happy. If I was sad, she'd be angry at me, because my problems "aren't the only things going on in the world

Do you in all honesty really need that?

Friends are not something you should have to work at having.

Negative people suck the life out of your soul without you realising they're doing it. Perhaps in a month or so when you've both had a time to calm down and evaulate what you miss about her then you should try again with a fresh slate. If it all goes pear-shaped again, chalk it up to experience and don't bother trying to make it work. Life is too short to have an happiness-leaching vampire for a mate.

It hurts in the short term, but you can look forward to meeting new people on your own terms.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
hug hug
As said before: we think you're great!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys... Just been down a lot lately, even before this, because I've been sick since Wednesday. And then after the news, I got a migrane. And it all just went downhill from there. But, now the following morning, I'm less sick (yay!) but staying home to catch up on work ~.~;

*must.. work... get.. off... HoP... grrr!*

Thanks again guys...

hughughug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

wickedpixiemember
70 posts

Posted:
*hugs*

It's a bummer when you grow apart from your friends. I lost touch with a lot of my mates when I moved away.

But you've got to remember that there's always new friends to be made! peace

NEVER eat anything you can't spell.

GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Oh, ObObO,
I feel it too, my (old) best friend is pregnant and I can't stand her lately! I really hope time (and birth) brings us back together, but for now the whining is repulsive... incessant....intolerable! And she's backing out on all our projects! I am comforted that there are loads of cool folks out there, more friends to meet. And also comforted by all you HoPpers who bring these things up exactly when I need them, too. Ahh, synchronicity rocks! Good luck, and have FUN doing your OWN thing! hug

take the schneak-tip

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
youll just have to do the nerd thing and spend more time with your online friends. biggrin

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Hehe, I think I do already Den!! If only YOU would spend time in chat... You'd see tongue I've been online for... six days straight now. Well, close enough!!

However, the problem is, that one group of friends (there are many... can't count them) probably won't let us do this. I've already had one conversation with a friend from that group, and she said that Ami'd been making back hand comments about us drifting apart. *sigh*

And.. well, we're all worried about her, because like I said, she's been darker, quieter, and more bitter in the past year. As one of her close friends, I know she has issues with some things. So... this is either a cry for help, or... She's lost it? I don't know. It's not the end, I won't let it be. Not in the weird stalker way, either. I figure, I'll write her a note tomorrow.

Anywho....

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Good luck with the note hunny!!
I did type up my "experience" with my ex/old best friend but it's a bit pointless but in my case it didn't totally suck when we ended the friendship because it had stopped being a friendship well before it ended and we tended to just fall down a bit and drag the other with us.
I feel better off for it ending, she's doing well, who knows what it would have been like if we'd kept it going.
I hope you get what you want smile Take care hug kiss

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

PsychoTronic(old)member
64 posts

Posted:
Try to see things from her side.Just to know what she could be thinking.Dont try too hard though.Frieds come and go.The ones that stay are real.They accept you as you.
and they like you because of who you are.The bad thing is that you dont know who is your real friend because they might have stayed for 5 years or 10 years but in one day they might be gone.Dont worry that is because people change and probably you dont fit with each other.moreover people have problems that influence their personality in some things for a while.So a friend might go and come back after some time.Love your friends but dont bet your soul on them.

The only thing constant in life is change...

^^francesca^^me!
121 posts

Posted:
do you feel for her in a romantic way at all??????? not being patronising but you made a big point of saying that you were not romantically inclined and refered to your feelings about the break up to the ones you feel in a relationship........... just a suggestion......probably not......

was hibernating through winter.....oh and summer i spose...ok im just lazy

zeuyaBRONZE Member
22 posts

Posted:
hey dude,
i'd been friends witha girl for over six years, we did EVERYTHING together, i mean EVERYTHING! then over time, as we started to grow up we just grew apart. it hurt like hell letting go, but now we're just so much happier doing our own thing. we still talk, like once a year or something, and we'd still look out for each other, we're just very different now, (in a good way) suddenly after ages of thinking i had no mates i realised i had made a totally new faminly of friends and its the greatest thing in the world! take your time, dont try and rush into anything. best of luck! hug

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
hug Bobo, I love you dearly.

Will you marry me? Pwwweeeeeeeeease? I have candy!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Mill darl, I love you too hun, but.. I'm just not ready to make that commitment!! hughugkisskiss Ask in another, oh, say, ten years?? Maybe then wink

So, the note hasn't gotten to her yet, but I saw her in the hall, and we said "hey". I dunno, I think she wants to talk to me now just as much as I want to talk to her. Just a feeling I get. Maybe just me hoping *shrug*

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

aydenmember
41 posts

Posted:
its season friends - when its time to move on its time - somethimes or let me rather say most of the times its tough, just look at what good you got from the friendship! there is something to be learnt in each and every situation/person that comes your way

take care!

''may the sun shine on everything we do''