FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
I just started card throwing and was wondering if anyone else does it. but what i really wanted was some tips.
I can get a fair bit of distance but they always veer off to the left. Can i make this stop or do I need to get some special kind of cards?
Thanks,
Sam

[ 25 April 2002, 04:15: Message edited by: FirePoi-boy ]

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I used to do this alot when I was younger. I so much wanted to be like gambit from x-men. ahh sweet youth.

I found to begin with, using heavier cards like I.D., library cards and such worked better to begin with. I started out trying to throw them level, but soon discovered that throwing them perpindicular to the ground was more accurate, and they still leveled out pretty quickly.

keep in mind I haven't done this for quite some time, so my advise might sterr you in a wrong direction.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
Ha Ha! Gambit was always my favorite.
There's this guy called Ricky Jay. Apparently he can bury a card halfway into a watermelon. I won't rest untill I can do that.
He's also written a book called " Cards as Weapons." Apparently its the card throwing bible.
Unfortunately its out of print now and very hard to find.
For now though I'm having fun pestering my likkle sister with my card throwing shenanigans.
See Ya,
Sam.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I, however, actually am Gambit.
But, shhhhhh. It a secret

Jesus helps me trick people.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
now fire cards, that would be f@ckin awesome.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
I picked up card throwing over the weekend, really and I realized how one does it so I destroyed a pack of cards, figuring it out. It's fun but a little dangerous (no it's hard to seriously hurt someone but still feasible, I would aim at another person)

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I used to do this a lot. I never really lost my skill. Throw a few and it comes back to me. I could actually get accurate with it. I've hit my friends heads a multitude of times laugh3 It's just so amusing I can't help it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Chris_Lu1DIAMOND Member
Flow Artist
67 posts

Posted:
I do this too and just recently got back into it.
Anyone put card throwing into fire routines?
I have a lot of ideas, but would love to hear what others are doing.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
The card will rotate in the air the further it goes, we used to try to throw them over tree's in Bournemouth but had the magician Sam Kasrani showing us the tricks. You can get a real good distance but it will never fly p[erfectly flat for the whole flight.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.