Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Free festivals in the UK??? (UK - 2004)

Login/Join to Participate

gregmember
11 posts

Posted:
Could you post some dates of cool free festivals for this summer so i can plan my post gcse summer?
EDITED_BY: Døm (1081192822)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
https://www.guilfin.net/festival/

i can highly recomend the ambient green picnic, which 15-20 HoP people went to last summer

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
3 things:

1. Strawberry Fair in Cambridge, 5th of June is a good day out.
2. There's not much about for free, but at many festivals you can steward in return for a ticket: momre info
3. Please list your location in the thread title!!!! You want a list of festivals in the UK or worldwide? As this is a worldwide site it's very annoying when people don't specify locations. As it is the only thing that tells me about your location is the mention of GCSEs. Anyone who doesn't know about the UK education system would be confused. And even then you could still be studying abroad.
3b. This is a worldwide poi site, so you've got more chance of finding out about festivals on a more UK centric & festivaly board, like guilfin & efestivals.co.uk

Happy hunting, and have a good summer.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ambient green definately gets my vote, been every year since it started!
there's a green fair in kingston at some point as well... tongue

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
Quote:

https://www.guilfin.net/festival/

i can highly recomend the ambient green picnic, which 15-20 HoP people went to last summer

Guilfin is great, I highly recommend it.

Is Ambient Green the one in Guildford?

J

Posh ravers wear ties.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I just saw this one, there was a glorious free festival on this wknd, mud up to your hips!!!! But it finished about 6 hours after it started!!!!! biggrin biggrin
Saw a lady spinning staff but it was even muddier where she was standing!
Yes yes! Go to Strawberry Fair! weavesmiley

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yep, ambient green is shalford park just outside guildford. I've been involved in it for years, and co-run the guilfin site smile