Page:
KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Just to really meander around, do you ever think your dreams haev any bearing on your life? I don't think I really do, but I've had three types of weird expieriences...1. The dream that happened. only happened a couple of times, but sort of creepy2. The dream i thought was something taht had happened and later found out was just a dream. Also kind of odd, as I am remembering things that havn't actually happened. 3. Reacurring dreams or nightmares about something specific. The dreams are usually about things i want to tell people but havn't, or they point out something i havn't noticed about my feeling stworads a person. They don't repeat taht often. The nightmares were for a few months last fall, and they were basically about a certian period of my life, just over and over and over again. I dunno, i just wonder if anyone else has ever had anything real weird liek taht? or are dreams really just teh randomness of our brains?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I've had all 3 types of those dreams. The ones that freak me the most though are some of the lucid dreams I've been having. Talking to people I know and in conversation, they turn round and say 'But you know your dreaming' and weird stuff like that. They sort of combined with the reccuring dreams recently.... But also I believe dreams may not be prophetic or glimpses of the future, but being a product of the subconscious mind may hold the key to how you really tick, or the way you really feel about things. a while back I was suffering from a horrific case of insomnia, and started to suffer from sleep deprivation hallucinations. waking dreams. they really weren't fun. but yeah, put me down for having something real weird like that.------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
avoids spiral..you weirdo you! hahaPKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ever get those dreams where you imagine some thing happened and then it does and when it does you think shit did i dream that once?ah i do.. does that make me a weirdo too spiral? hehePK

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Another insomniac shift PK? you always new I was wierdo anyhow ------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well we can all be weird together. soudns like fun.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Orange never sleeps. I wonder if he has waking dreams.....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sleep what is sleep?i went to bed this morning at 7 amgot up at 10am.. get the house work done2 hours unicycle well falling off any way1 hour spinning and then back in for some uploading..dont have time to sleep now adays! too much to dohows my picture coming along cantus? see another thread!!PK

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Ye I get insomnia a lotbut I once had this crazy dream where a lot of people ran to hid from a storm under a gazebo in the park behind my house even though there is no gazebo in the park and then someone came and said it's going to rain harder than its ever rained before and that freaked me out and then i ended up in my best friends girlfriends house and she was lying naked on a bed and tried to seduce me (its ok i told him about the dream he wasnt mad,,,,he laughed actually) and then I ran outside to find hiom and noone wss outside it was like a ghost town and I ran back inside to look for him and i looked in the mirror and just saw a skeleton as the reflection...I woke up in a cold sweat with a line from a live song in my head "The world was a dream we were sleeping, butnow we are awake"That was the craziest dream everI think Im all by myself on this weirdness thing...------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
'I think Im all by myself on this weirdness thing...'I've had dreams like that one, just that mine are something I'd rather not talk about smileDune is a good film if your into dreams, and several tracks by astral projection good to listen too if your into dreams and dune------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

crescent blazemember
7 posts

Posted:
have you guys seen the movie Waking Life? its about this guy in his dream and he has all these trippy conversations with different people. the way they filmed it was cool too, they used regular cameras then they animated over the film. really cool, people will be talking and the background will be kind of wavy flowing behind them.------------------"...the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles" -Kerouac

...the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles -Kerouac

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
jacobs ladder was kinda cool like that too, but very freaky------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

NightRunnermember
20 posts

Posted:
My weirdest dream was kind of in the "recurring" category for almost two months. What was so weird about it was that it was sequential. It started off fairly ordinary (for a dream, anyway): something about my classes and this girl I liked that was in one of them. Then over the next month and a half or so I would have a new dream every couple of days that kept going from where the one before it left off. They kept getting stranger, too, as the "plot" of my punctauted nocturnal story got more complicated. By the end I was getting into some disturbing imagery; After grappling with some unhealthy emotions and habits I looked into a mirror and saw the face of this kid who I hated for exemplifying them; For a while I was lost in this end of the world routine that just kept geting more and more out of control, et cetera...
quote:
Just to really meander around, do you ever think your dreams haev any bearing on your life? I don't think I really do, but...
I'd have to disagree with that, though. Dreams are a vent for emotions we don't really know we have. In extreme duress, or when we aren't comfortable in our world or with our perception about ourselves, when we're concerned for others or in periods of not understanding, it comes across in our dreams through images that have some degree of universiality but private, interperaive meaning for us. We like to delude ourselves about a wide range of personal issues, as well, so the only way to own up to a fear, vice, or other demon from your past or present may be to express it in your dreams. So, "Do you ever think dreams have any bearing on your life?" I would have to say, in an artistic blend of crypic and ambiguous speech, that Dreams will tell you more about you than you could. smile------------------"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It's the rhythm of your life. It's the expression in time and movement, in happiness, joy, sadness and envy." ~Jaques D'ambroise

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
heh, if our dreams tell us a lot about ourselvews i'm in trouble nightrunner...can't say i don't agree with you tho, i haev these weird dreams where i only then realize how i feel about people afterwards. i think a good example lately was a dream i had about a boy i knew and in teh dream he died and i was really sad about not getting to talk to him about something before he died... weird dream, but the emotion stayed with me.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Everytime I get sick, I mean seriously, laid up for a few days sick, I have the same three dreams all in a row. I have had them since I was really little too. I caught onto this a few years ago and it is a good warning for me, though I usually have no idea what I am going to be sick with!My family and I often share the same dream and it is a prelude to something. I had a dream the other night that my mom died, to the point where I woke up crying it was so real. My dad, come to find out, had a similar dream that same night. Mom is being very cautious now. This is very common in my family, and the oddest thing is...I am adopted to them! confused A couple years ago my mom and I both dreamt the same night that the children in the family were being taken from us. Later than month and illness spread through the kids in the family that spiked dangerously high fevers and such.Also there is this house that has appeared in many of my dreams for over 20 years now. I know it is real. I know I have never been there. I also know that if I ever see it, I could walk around in it blindfolded because I know it so well. However, I will never go near it, as it is always the center of my nightmares!It also seems I have this funky connection with friends through their dreams. One of my friends never sees faces in his dreams, other than me, and I guess I am there in some profound capacity I am not entirely comfortable with. Another friend always knows when I am upset because he dreams about me in a violent nature and this one is funny, I pick on a friend of PWB and mine by saying he looks like a gnome, the stereotypical lawn gnome style. Come to find out he has had a gnome in a reoccurring dream he has had since he was a child! blushStrange.Anyway my dreams have a profound effect on me. For me they are a strange connection to things outside my normal everyday waking life.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Perhapse Kyrain will be dreaming of me now that she's seen my picture winkMaybe I can build a fan club to rival Cantus's smile

Jesus helps me trick people.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I remember my dreams often. And alot of the time I will walk past a building or a place and feel that I have been there before. Then I think about it for a little longer and realise that it was in a dream that I saw this place. It doesn't happen often, but it happens sometimes and it's pretty freaky especially since most of the time I have never been to the place I feel I have been before, in my dream.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
Hey Sickpuppy. I always thought that Cantus fellow was over rated. You should start a rival faction and over throw him.

...tick tick tick....

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
now now boys i like both cantus and puppy just fine. and i'm not "a fan." at least not of them. this little irish boy stoll me heart, see? and yes, i dream about him sometimes. if i ever wind up dreaming about on eof you HoP people, i'll let ya know wink

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MYMAmember
23 posts

Posted:
I don't always remember my dreams, mostly because on weekdays I don't have time to sit in my bed and just think. But on weekends I can usualy remember them.I love dreams. Whether it be day dreams, or natural dreams, I don't think I could live without them. They are the perfect escape from everything, and they can make me so happy sometimes. I recently had a great dream about someone, and it seemed so real... I can still remember exactly how kissing him felt; down to the smallest detail. smile And it came true smile

*Live as if you were to die tomarrow, learn as if you were to live forever* ~Mahatma Ghandi*Imagination is more important than knowledge*~Albert Einstein*dream*

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I am actually quite fond of Cantus. He has come to my defense on this board more than once. I was just ribbing him a bit as he does seem to have a rather large fan club on HOP.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And now, quite ironically, is quite good friends with one of the persons he defended you against, Pupster.

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I'm not in cantus's fan club, I just spin and rave with the geezer smile------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, It may just go where no-ones been'

188 posts

Posted:
Do you not find him irritating? I do. And very insecure. He's always fishing for compliments. Have you not noticed?------------------Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping insatantaineously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light :p

...tick tick tick....

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
what about vision quests? do you think they have anything to do with dreams? I'd be intrested in peoples opinions about that.------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, It may just go where no-ones been'

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I actually find him quite entertaining at times.
we talk often on AIM

And you can't honestly tell me that you have no insecurites. Jeebus Christ, who doesn't?

[ 04 April 2002, 12:45: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

188 posts

Posted:
I often think I might just be the fevered imaging of some deranged, but undeniably clever, young person.

Or one aspect of a multiple personality......

...tick tick tick....

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
last night i had a dream that i was having a dream that i couldn't understand, so i had to wake up from two dreams to actually wake up..
yeah i've already called the asylum.

-----------------------
"God did not create the world in 7 days; he screwed around for 6 days and then pulled an all-nighter" - University of Michigan

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
what is a vision quest? oh, and go UofM! (btw...it's still faster to use ubb than go find teh things and click on them cantus....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

anniesparksmember
17 posts

Posted:
Funny, after reading this thread yesterday, I had one of my recurring dreams last night.
It was of having to cross a narrow bridge over a large expanse of water.
This is something that scares me in real life and in my dream I can still really feel the fear - not very pleasant!
My other recurring dream is trying to telephone someone and not being able to get through. I understand that this ( in various forms ) is a fairly common one. Maybe it's to do with being unable to communicate in some way?

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Anniespraks - water represents emotion, so I would imagine that your dream is about change - putting something emotional behind you or trying to get to the other side of a bad emotional patch - something like that..... you probably know what it is.

Spiral - wow, knowing your in a dream is the first step to astral projection. Try controlling it - start with something like looking at your hand (in your dream of course).

I used to get dreams where I could actually feel pain - I dreamt a dog bit a baby and I woke up in pain and I also dreamt of a car accident and felt as if I was burning. I dont get them any more tho - fortunately!!

Ive also had those horrid dreams when you think youve woken up and your really in another dream - that happened to me over and over again. Freaky huh?

Page: