Forums > Social Chat > I want to meet spinners in New Zealand.

Login/Join to Participate

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

I apologise if this isn't really supposed to be in this section, but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd put it in here smile

Anyway, I'm flying into Auckland on the 11th of February (just over a week - woohoo!) and I'm going to be wandering around the country and staying in youth hostels for about three weeks.
I don't have many concrete plans as yet, but I'm hoping that I can meet up, or at least briefly run into, a whole load of spinners while I'm on my travels so I thought that rather than start sending PMs to random people, I'd make this thread.

Basically, I'm asking a few things:
1. Would anyone in the country be able to meet me for a quick spin and maybe show me around a bit while I'm passing through?
2. Are there any things that I should know about and do my best to see while I'm wandering?

I'd be most appreciative for any replies (except for those calling me a monkey-licker or some such insult wink) and I may even bring biscuits for anyone able to show me some of the sights in person tongue

Right, I'm off to check the events and gatherings section now biggrin

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
bump wink

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hello sweet one
well... as you may know i am coming to auckland on the 16th fof feb until the 20th to be with my prince we will be stayign at teh city garden lodge and would love to hang out if you are in auckland then ???? i beleive you are in touch anyway
i also know atht there used to be a meeting in auckland but charkles would know better than me ?? PaulyPaul and all the guys from his group are there I am sure you will love meeting them... and there is Robert Michael but ithink he stopped spinning... quite frankly i beleive emails is your best bet
also the NZ juggling festivasl s in feb... when ? i do nto remember but early feb maybe you can make it there ????
I know tehre is a great circus community in wellington i can try and put you in touch if you want (email me) and then there is christchurch , ask malcolm wink
but basically know that tehre is almost no kiwi on this board compared to teh amount of ozzies for example...
good luck and i really acnnot wai t to see you again
much love and light
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

certifiedloonSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
I am in Pukekohe near Aukland, would LOVE to meet some other spinners as I haven't managed it yet smile

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
Cool! I'll be in Auckland for a year starting mid march sometime... sounds like it's a little too late for you, but I would love to find spinners there!

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
After a brief trip to Tauronga, I'm now back in Auckland.

Apparently there's a fire meet in Victoria park on tuesdays at about 8ish, according to someone I've just been chatting to in Albert park.

I have no idea how difficult it is to get there from outside the city, but I'm planning to be there smile

Cass, thanks to your email I got the other day, I'm also going to be staying at the city garden lodge until wednesday morning, so we should bump into each other there biggrin

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
Cool! I'll watch for it once I'm there. I can't wait to go!! I'll be down there for a year, then backpacking through Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore.

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
yay come and see me in new zealand!!! i live in nelson! andi have a few fire buddys that are non hoppers that im sure would love to spin with you too!! pm me biggrin

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Bovvie, how long til you get to Australia again? wink

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Hmm, Nelson eh?
I may well be heading through there reasonably soon smile

I'll be getting to Oz at the start of March, I'm not sure exactly when, since I don't have a flight sorted yet. The 3rd or 4th are looking most likely though biggrin

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I know, you have told me and I have written it in my diary. Just getting all excited, that's all. biggrin

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
You could try looking up Highly Flammable in Dunedin, I think most of them are at uni there. Met them over New Years', they're a really nice bunch. Some great staffers, too.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
YAY i cannot wait to see you my friend
tuesday evening i am in if it does not rain taht its... hope i can see Paul y Paul there or even robert michael ...
miss them smile
YAYAYAYYAYAYAY
flying in tomorrow and REALLY excited biggrin
shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
Just as soon as I hit up New Zealand, I will totally be there!! I need to meet some cool spinners. Vic Park... Tuesday... 8ish... Definetly!

weavesmiley

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
do stop by in nelson. itl be gr8! when are you coming to new zeland?

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
aww monkey you flew out on my bday! well i couldn't help you as i'm not in NZ even if i wrote this before you left but i do wish i was there!~

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Heya smile

if u come to Christchurch.. drop me a line.. we've got a fire troupe called Liquid Flame and am sure some of them would be interested in a spin.... weavesmiley

have fun travelling.....

wave

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

SilvurBRONZE Member
sumthin sumin smmnm....
372 posts

Posted:
I'm hoping to be there mid march.. I'm waiting for a visa. But I'll be in Aukland for a year, then it's off to backpack through Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore!!

But I'm trying to get to New Zealand as soon as possible.

beerchug

wave

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Auckland meets (asides from me).

Central City Circus have a fire meet on tuesday nights after dark at Victoria Park.
(Paulie - 021 728 597)

Steve Keel has a daylight meet at Tahaki Reserve (bottom of Mt Eden) most Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Tuesdays sometimes relocates to Vic park after dark).
(Steve 021 132 6209)

There's a juggling club that meets on fridays at a school in Onehunga (Chris - 021 544 240).

Hows that for starters?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

*puts a big tick next to the line 'visit Charles and play with balloons and staff' in his to do list*

It was great meeting you last night Charles, thanks again for those juggling balls, I shall have poi again soon smile

Right, for anyone interested, I'm going to be heading to Taupo tomorrow morning and spending a night or two there, before heading to Wellington for a couple of nights.
From there I'll be headed towards the south island and off towards Nelson for another couple of nights, then to Christchurch for a while.
So, if anyone reads this and fancies a bit of spinning, send me a pm and I'll try to sort out how I can contact you in person smile