PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yesterday we suffered a severe power outage here due to a windstorm. Today I was out of town when the power came back on. A short or surge or whatever seemed to cause a lamp to ignite some clothes which ignited my entire bedroom. My housemate called the fire dept before it could spread to through the house. Over 90% of my personal effects and belongings have been decimated and I am devistated. Whipping Boy will be posting photo's of the devastation, and I am now leaving before I start crying, again. All of my sentimental objects, my furniture and my sons and my clothes.....sacrificed to the fire gods..... frownIronic isn't it? I can use a torch just fine but not a lamp? Just shows, no one is safe from the fire gods.Anyway, I will be only on in smatterings for a short bit of time while we clean up and such, and just wanted to let you all know. I will be back though, and in and out til then.Behave wink and lots of love......------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry sweetheart, that really sucks. I hope you can get through it quickly. Umm.... did I read that right or did you mispunctuate, but did you say that your sons got sacrificed to the fire gods? shocked

Jesus helps me trick people.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Bugger. Condolences and a taste of good luck being thrown your way babe!Sickpuppy kinda points out that at least everyone is safe. smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
HUGS

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
I'm gutted for ya, did ya toys go aswell? I hope you get it all sorted quickly. grinM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Pele, my most heartfelt sympathy goes out to you.Here's an idea to help with the loss of sentimental items. Buy a really nice, quality blank book and write in it all the things of emotional worth that you've lost. Draw them from memory. Mentally walk through your room and your stuff, sorting it out in your head, and write it all down, attaching meanings and emotions to each. That way you'll have a record of everything of worth to trigger the same memories that the items would.It's an idea, worth a try!SickpuPpy, she meant her son's stuff!

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
WOW...I am *really* sorry to hear about that. Sending you tons of love and hugs , sweet sister. I know it hurts but I also know how strong you are and that soon enough you'll feel better. I don't mean to say it is no tragedy, but I just also know that your biggest treasures are your little prince and your amazing soul and noone or nothing can take that away smile Glad to know PWB is here to hug you and support you.Again million smiles and hugs to youShine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 13 March 2002).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OH MY GOD! That's HORRIBLE! Sweetie, I'm so glad your family is OK!Stay strong for the little one, and much love for you too...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
PeleI'm sorry to hear about the fire babe. Stay strong.Thinking of youLisa smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
PELE... i am very sorry to hear about your house, i do know this however, you havent lost yourself or your beautifull son. that is a gift from...well..it is a gift that will continue to bring you many, many years of love and enjoyment. and i know that you will be fine and you will soon be back on top of things. as for the sentimental things that you lost, im sorry, i dont knowwhat else to say about losiing something that youcan not replace. but i do know this, you will share many many more memories and have many more sentimenta gifts to come. my heart goes out to you.ryan

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Best of luck with the clean up, it can be devastating to lose things in a fire. Look after yourself and your family.ade

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Same here. I don't know you or your family obviously i'm happy to see that all of your family are ok.MATT------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Were do we send money?------------------Blessings to all, Peter "When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling."

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
Oh Pele... just when you think you've got the hang of this life thing, she throws you a new curve!I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm also very thankful to hear that you and your son are safe.Please stay in touch when you can, know that I'm sending healing energies your way, and this this too shall pass...Charly

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Pele, how awful.You are in my thoughts, take careR.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
(Is speechless for the first time in his life!)Take care, good friend, hope to hear from you soon...------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bellemember
7 posts

Posted:
Hugs hugs and more more hugs!love bel

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I know how awful it is to lose things you love and treasure so unexpectedly in a fire and you have my deepest sympathies. But I'm more than relieved to hear that nobody was hurt and I hope you manage to get things sorted out soon -Much loveRos ( + big virtual hug)

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
That's really great of all of you. I know she's read this and is very thankful you're all thinking of her.I'm trying to convince her that it was the electricity god that got angry and not the fire god. The fire god kept the fire contained in that room and didn't ignite the rest of the house, the (now) exposed insulation, or the roommate that tried to open the door.I also feel it's a way to start fresh. To gain a new perspective and to bring friends together again. (We're all visiting this weekend to help clean up.)Thank you all again.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Galawenmember
45 posts

Posted:
Wow, thats harshIf you want you can have some of my old sentimental stuff. I know its not the same but its the thought that countsHugs and kisses frown

Give Me FuelGive Me FireGive Me That Which I Desire-MetallicA

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
*Sniff*You guys all make me cry. Thank you for the outpouring of love and support not only on here but also email and phone. I am truly overwhelmed."Clean up", such as it is, has started. The entire house is smoke stained and sooty, so this project extends far beyond my scorched room. I have to say I have lost alot. Emotionally I am still a roller coaster, one minute laughing about something stupid I found that survived the fire (a package of condoms) the next minute crying over something irreplaceable that was lost. Mentally I am tired. I haven't been able to sleep for days. I miss the comfort of my bed. Finally the shock has worn off and I can actually make decisions and such now. I even made a kick-ass presentation today, though I didn't want to. Physically....well...I have had to stay here in the house for the past few nights so I am inhaling soot and had a hard time breathing last night. I try to get out for fresh air but want to get this done, you know? However, I am taking care of myself and when this is all cleaned up I am going to a doctor to have my lungs checked out.I miss my daily practice sessions though.I feel as though I have been raped. Like something so precious has been taken from me and I can never get it back. I know it is a chance for something new and fresh. There were so many ironies surrounding this fire I can't even begin to list them. My friend Luke and I have come up with a million philosophical reasons, but it doesn't make it easier. That was the room I went to when I wanted to think things through, calm down, feel safe and comforted. I have lost my safe zone and I miss it terribly.I also have to say this has been an interesting lesson for me and my friends. First of all, I have learned who my friends are. Several have gone above and beyond the call to help me get new clothes and such. Some of whom I never expected. THis has really been profound for me. The time my son and I have had to spend apart (since he can not stay in these fumes, he is with my parents) has made us value our time together even more.It is remarkable. For other friends they had little habits that they now think about and realize they could actually be put in my situation if these ahbits continue (leaving lights on in closets, leaving incense burning when not home, etc). Others have taken stock in the things they cherish and have gone to extra measures to protect them. That is encouraging for me that perhaps it wasn't all in vain.Anyway, Saturday is the big day, when we begin to really rip things apart and trash them and such. Monday the room is being gutted and hopefully reconstruction of the second floor of the house will be done in a month. And life will be back to as close to normal as we ever got.So that is the update. We do have some photo's I can post when we get them back from processing. Some strange things really came out of it...and some interesting art deco pieces made of the melted hangers and such! winkThank you all for your prayers, blessings, well wishes, love and all around good healing energies. We have needed it so much, not only my son and myself but also those who are being strong for me and then crying when I am not looking, thinking I don't know about it.And Steelwngs...I can not thank you enough for the monetary offer. It is very appreciated. I just wouldn't know how to accept it. Malboro...some of the non-fire toys, props and several costume pieces are now a mere memory. *sigh* CF...thanks for the offer but since I know what it is like to lose sentimental things, I have no wish for anyone else to lose theirs as well.And Dom...What a wonderful idea to catalogue them! I will be doing just that. Thank you!!!On a last happy note, I have had the most incredible week with booking. In the past two days I have booked three shows and one continuing workshop program...all of which are paying more than I would ever ask for. Strange days aye?My love and boundless gratitude to all------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 15 March 2002).]

Pele

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Toys for Pele? Can be done!!!*strides off purposefully*[This message has been edited by Rozi (edited 15 March 2002).]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
jeez, isnt this just like me to come on after all the replies have finished...You have my deepest condolences Pele. Im glad to hear that you and family were at least out of the house. Best of luck

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Fire Knightmember
17 posts

Posted:
Pele, Just registered, but I have been following this site and you for some time.I am very sorry for your losses . Like the other beutiful people,I am glad you and yours are o.k. If we could we would all be there physically to help.Instead your are in our thoughts and I am sure you feel our energy there helping. Something wonderful is just on the horizon, and you have just the right playful innocense and clarity to welcome it with open arms.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I thought I would add an update....The cleaning crew came in last week to do the initial clean up so that the reconstruction and painting and such can begin. Big laugh. They broke a valve on a shower and flooded the downstairs bathroom, did virtually no cleaning and blew our electric breakers so badly we were without power and had to have the power company come in to fix it. We had to pack up all that was salvageable and put it in the garage. This has been one of the most painful events of my life. Even the things I would take comfort in are packed away. I feel as if I have been somehow invaded, and that it is never going to get back to normal. I find myself coming up the street and wondering if my house is going to be there when I get back. When there I unplugged things I never would've thought of before, just because. There is a subconcious anxiety present that wasn't there before.Anyway, because of this my son will have to go through some emotional councelling (He is 7 and this has him traumatized) and I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown....and yes, I am ready to sue the damn clean up company.I am now staying with Whipping Boy in Rochester until things are handled better at home, which means I will be able to be on a bit more than I have been..ha! Sucks for you all! tongueOn a strange side note. I had my first fire performance since the fire last Wednesday. I had to put together a make shift costume at last minute and really fudge it, since I hadn't practiced in a couple of weeks but....I really am left wanting for words to describe accurately how it was for me. First of all the producer had announced to everyone other than the children that I had had the fire, so what was supposed to be an escape for me was actually turned into 20 questions. There were children all over and it was a low-ish ceiling all around me (first part of the show was in a restaraunt, next part was in a church across the street). I was so much more aware of everything that could burn, that if I were to even try so many people could be hurt, or lose a business, or a church or..or..or...It was so enlightening. I ended up in the freezing cold in the courtyard between the two buildings for my section of the show. I lit my torches and poi and all I could do at first was look at the little flame grow bigger and brighter and warmer. I watched it engulf my wicks and realized that is what it did to my belongings and I got royally pissed...so I swung...hard and fast and furious until they went out. Then I fire breathed and ate the fire, with a cheshire grin no doubt. There was another person who does fire eating there (but he wasn't there to do his show) and he told me he was amazed. All these emotions and realizations were completely overwhelming, and made me so aware. I did some fire breathing two nights ago in the very windy outside, and some people were standing near to help light my torch. I was so much more aware of them and their clothes and the possibilities, not that I wasn't before, I am just so much moreso now. It ended up going well though, once we got things going (will post photo's maybe).Overall, one of my deeply spiritual friends claims it was my time to make a sacrifice to the gods to ensure my safety and success in my endeavors. In strange ways I actually have been seeing proof of this, and am beginning to view it as a mixed sort of blessing.So that is the update......Things are far from normal but I am back anyway.Much love and appreciation to all.Malcolm, a letter to you is on it's way, thank you. wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That clean up crew really didn't help!Pele, glad to hear that you're holding up. After every great emotional upheaval there's an intense time of adjustment and re-establishing of an equilibrium. That paranoia about fire will settle back down to a healthy respect for it's power, and it sounds like you've already started making friends with the fire gods again.So, once again, my best wishes to you and your son.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Hope you're on the mend. Smile for us.Dibs_star xx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
i just found this thread...Pele, best wishes and thoughts to you!anything you need/want/etc? anything from music to make you smile to practicalities...just ask, and it'll be in the works! smile------------------"life begins between the night and the light."

life begins between the night and the light.

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Pele,My love and prayers go out to you. I wish there was more I could do or say....let me know if there is.In times like this it might also be good to keep a memory of those who helped you get back on your feet along with the book of sentiments from all the memories in your room. That way you can find a new safe zone in the pages of those who have stood by you and that will stay with you forever. Hope that helps. Go find someone who can give you a hug and know that I am also hugging you along with them. Also hugs and prayers for your boy.e*