circadiamember
3 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone! I am Circadia and I am new to this list. I love fire and I love to dance ritually. Right now I spin poi, do body transfers, fingers, hula hoop, and am starting to learn a few staff moves. I am a college student in Olympia, Washington and the lone fire dancer in this community. Are there any gatherings in Seattle I'm missing out on? I *love* to perform! I've performed at several festivals and also solo. I've been reading past posts here and I appreciate the sense of community that radiates. Good job!I am wanting to do some serious academic study of fire performance. I am currently working on a proposal for an independent contract to travel next winter to Maui, New Zealand, and Australia to study traditional and contemporary forms of poi spinning and other fire arts. I am looking for anyone who wants to participate or who can help me connect with fire communities in those areas.much love & light,Circadia de Soleil

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
welcome arcadia!!! glad to have you here!! im pretty new to this poi, but i figured id give u a big HELLO!!! well id like to travel with ya and learn about doing poi in other cultures, but my job wont let me...hehe...well gotta run but i thought that i would say hello first!! p.l.u.r.r.xtremravr

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Such a lovely first post. Seems a shame that some git is going to come in and call points on it. But hey, if they think they're helping keep the community more friendly then who am i to argue?

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Lol, yeah Cantus, I was thinking the same thing! There should be an opposite to it: Points and anti-points, much in the same way that we have musical artists and Robbie Williams.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Don't you go dissing Robbie. Not whilst Garth Brookes, Curtis Stigers and Leanne Rimes still tread the earth...."How can you say Leanne Rimes? When, quite obviously, it doesn't."

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Mildly ironic that no-ones called "point" and yet already this thread has fallen into complete off-topic warbling...ahhh, just like the old days. Hurrah! grinI'm meeting Chad Smith on Friday

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Classic Bender! Your's too Cantus!Leanne Rimes with pecan - you nut! rolleyes

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Time for the metaphorical crowbar to get this vaguely back on topic.Hello and welcome to Home of Poi! Take a seat and enjoy the many discussings, ramblings and rantings.Add yourself to the Home of Poi Rollcall if you want. You could try the Meet others section to try and find any other members of the fire tribe near you.OK chaps, topic's all yours to go off of again!

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
leanne rimes with...nevermind...thought i could think of one but...nope ihad a brain fart instead...lolp.l.u.r.r.xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
Hi Circadia,If you're ever in Seattle, feel free to get in touch... our troupe teaches poi classes on Monday nights, if you'd like to come sometime.We've been creating fiery art in Seattle since 1997, and became an official troupe in 1999.We'd be happy to meet up with you sometime.charly@cabiri.orgHope to hear from you soon,CharlyThe Cabiriwww.cabiri.org

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It wasn't my joke Bendy. That's why it's in speech marks.Sorry Dom, was there a topic? Didn't notice.

Meh

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
cantus that reminds me..."Charles Dance but Walt Disney"I hope you can pull off a scotlandish accent good enough to make that work.help ??? whos chad smith

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
"Do you know Stevie Nicks? Well don't let her near the silverware then."[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 13 March 2002).]

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Point calling was so last month. winkWhen did you guys get so negative? Didn't I used to be the senselessly sarcastic one?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yeah and "How about David Bowie?"....Oh I thought we were just naming musicians blush wink

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
All i know, NYC, is you threatened to drop chickens on my piano, or something. My memory is a little hazy when it comes to the details......Bendy, I think it's time you asked the nurse for more of your special tablets.

Meh