AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hello everyone! Just ordered my fresh pair of poi the other night and I cant wait to get them! Ive been spining for a month now and I tell you no lie (ITS LIKE THERAPY!)Does anyone else feel this way?Well hope you guys keep practicing....and for those that are masters of the art, IM NOT WORTHY!!! smile------------------ bhtbturn [This message has been edited by xxxccess (edited 07 February 2001).]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
You bet! I have changed as a human in ways I never would have if I hadn't taken up this wacky passtime. Keep on, xxxccess. Diana

Leviathanmember
5 posts

Posted:
*sighs* I'm still waiting to buy my first pair. :P------------------~Lev~"Spindoc in spirit."

~Lev~Spindoc in spirit.

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
iv been doing strings with glowsticks on the end for quite some time now. but i was wondering how much better (or worst) to swing a pair of performance or zuni poi. also how the poi differs in wieght compaired to stix while swinging would also be much apreciated.------------------bring light into the night

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Im not the expert or anything.....but im pretty sure that there is a difference between the weight; maybe 1/2 a pound or two???But what do I know!! smileIn my opinion, I think spinning poi is a beautiful art! The beautifulest thing ive seen in years! And no doubt under the UV: ITS EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL!------------------ bhtbturn [This message has been edited by xxxccess (edited 07 February 2001).]

ffirebellGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hooray for Poi!! Ya, it is theraputic eh? I've regained my agility and patience factors since Poi, (and staff, and Devil sticks and whatever else I can get my paws on!!!). I'd forgotten how much I love to play, and that its the kind of excersise I click with (as opposed to gyms/structured stuff).I like to make my own toys. Recently I visited family/friends and made my brother, and a couple friends some nice sort of soft practise poi, with the possibilities of interchangeable heads, so when they get to the point of wanting to do fire, (or glo stix), they can make a fire head to go on the chain. Happy Swingin`!! Fairie firebell

Fairie's wear boots.