Page: ...
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I was replying to another thread and one of my pet hates came up (lip balms). Just wondered if anyone else had any wierd pet hates / compulsive things they do?

Mine are:-
Twisted coil phone cord.
I have, and mean HAVE to untwist any phone cord that gets all twisted around itself. Not sure why.

Lip balm:-
Too addictive and horrible to kiss

[ 14. December 2002, 02:24: Message edited by: Durbs ]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I thought this was going to be a thread about pets. In the US they are Pet Peeves, I was quite confused for a moment.Anyway, I have several lib balm included in there too. Actually just people who are constantly applying it. I only use it when I absolutly have to, but funny thing, if you don't use it all the time you don't need it all the time.Let's see, People who drive with thier headlights on in the daytime. (I almost had a stroke when they came out with day time running lights)When people whom I don't know touch me. (I don't mean like someone bumping into me or brushing by me in a crowded club, but when someone I don't know puts thier arm around me or grabs me or pats me on the back or something)People who talk baby talk to their pets. Bugger all! That pisses me off. In fact, the only thing I hate worse than that is when people talk baby talk to thier babys. That's a shure fire way to make your kids grow up stupid.People who randomly invite them selves into private conversations. (The other day I was sitting at coffe with a friend of mine, discussing personal things going on with her and her boyfriend, and this girl that neither of us knew just sat down and started giving her advice about the whole subject. My god, did I tell her where to stick that, [and probobly not where you'd exepect either.... she didn't])------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Me hate the follwing:1. Like you SickPuppy.. Permanent headlights (that means all Volvos I think..)2: Lumpy custard & soggy Frosties.. makes me wanna BARFF !! (cuz its like eating barff)
Non-Https Image Link
3: Yappy dogs mad4: Sunday drivers. (Driving Miss Daisy types) mad5: People who stir thier tea or coffee; THEN dip into the sugar leaving little lumps of firkin stuff in it.. AAARRRRGGGHHH !!!!! mad mad mad6: Internet connections that keep cutting you off every time you try and post a f@#ing reply... like mine here at work !!!7: Ex smokers that moan incessantly about other smokers.. like my dad.. bless him.8: Readers Digest junk mail.9: People yapping [to me and around me]when Im on the phone.10: People that walk straight into you in clubs when you're spinning (even if you're swinging really carefully; with really bright things that could be seen from a mile away by a blind person !!)... and yes, I know its my responsibility to keep MY eyes open.. and I do.. and I very very rarely hit anyone given the ammount of time I spend spinning.. but sometimes people ARE just plain stupid. Nuff said..ps: theres a lot more in life that makes me happy than pisses me off.. smile ------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 26 January 2002).]

Kato

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Durbs - get a cordless phone!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Bendy,that probably won't help, I have the same problem as Durbs with twisted phone cables and I also have a cordless phone.I end up getting really mad when people don't put it back on the base, because then we have to sprint around all over the place trying to find it when it starts ringing madI also really hate it when people drive round with their fog lights on when there's no fog.And people who cut me up because I'm in an old, slow car, then think that my car has ultra-modern brakes and stop suddenly in front of me.In fact, a fair number of people driving really wind me up, I seem to get cut up, pushed into the wrong lane and generally bullied while driving, all because I drive a 32 year old car that people see as an obsticle rather than another driver.It's well worth the hassles I get though, it's a great car smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
quote:
SickpuPpy:People who talk baby talk to their pets. Bugger all! That pisses me off. In fact, the only thing I hate worse than that is when people talk baby talk to thier babys. That's a shure fire way to make your kids grow up stupid.
actually its been proven that talking baby talk to your newborn will make them smarter!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i just hate fruit and vegetables...i just will not attempt to eat them and never have done!People who touch my nice new photographs with sticky fingers and touch them right over the image so i have to spend 3 hours editing them when i scan them in on my PC.people that shout fire starter at me when i have my mowhawk up and swinging my fire poi around in public.. like i look any thing like that twat from the prodigy! arseholes. man i have more hard core pierceings than he ever had.crappy dialup connections..need i say more there.My chick when she watches over me when i am on the internet..of cause i aint chatting up ladies over the internet...wink wink!townie beer monsters! drunk bags..and the arseholes that try it on with ur gurl at a club right infront of you! urghh..i'm not a violent man...but i just hate that one!friends that let you down..and try to take advantage of you all the time..friends that up and move far far away with out telling you and then you meet them again on the internet 4 months later.i love life but we all need a bit of drama in it too! grinPK
Non-Https Image Link

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It took me a minute to get he meant Pet Peeve too SP! smileDM: It's talking to your newborn that will make them smarter, and to your pets and it will make your plants healthier. However, babytalk and shows like Tellytubbies actually adversely effect children's vocabulary as well as how they form their words. I HATE babytalk and never did it to my son, who is extremely intelligent.People who are really aggressive to children/pets/one another in public. It makes wonder what they are like in private! shockedCan't help the day running lights in my car, they are on a sensor..sorry! But how about people who drive with their highbeams on all the time! Argh!Oh...people who lie to make others think they know everything. It is beyond annoying! Back it up with fact I say!Really closed minded people who won't listen when trying to give an oppossing viewpoint. Along with this is also the people who make up their minds they won't like somethign before they try it (*cough*my mother*cough*).I am going to add the tunnel visioned activists in here too, who think the world owes them something. madUmmm...I think not!Lastly, people who are soooooo weak they let others talk for them, decide for them, etc...and the people who take advantage them instead of empowering them. That really gets me! mad mad mad We were given backbones for a reason!!!!M'kay. I think that is my major list...aside from the little facial hair shavings and globs of dried shave gel and toothepaste my housies leave in the sink...ewwww!And the fancy restaraunts who think I would rather have a decoration on my plate than more food. When I pay for food, I want food, not a wedge of crusty lemon and a sprig of parsley!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
heh..im wrong again (whats new?).. o well.. sorry! tongueso its just talking normal that helps them?

Vikmember
21 posts

Posted:
luv toast.. but toast crumbs!!! argh... HUGE SMILES smileVik

vik... dreaming with 2 stars **

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
actually i only have 2 that i can think of right now: in shops when your walking along and some idiot just STOPS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, and you nearly trip over them. mad I just shove them out of the way. (well, if there small children!) also when you try to buy something in Claires accesories and they try and sell you half price stuff like tissues with patterns on them. (!?)

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
One thing that really gets me - People who critisize you or constantly belittle you about something you're doing/saying/wearing...etc...simply to make themselves feel smug. When will they learn that putting other people down is not clever and not funny and certainly not the way to live to a ripe old age in this world.....???One of those compulsive things I do is always sticking with the first choice I madeeg.staying in the same queue in shops not changing to the one that looks quickeror putting my socks on last every morning or doing things in the order I first thought of them. It's kinda bad luck if I change stuff after I've thought of it....[This message has been edited by Ros (edited 27 January 2002).]

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
argh i missed one!I hate those bloody junkies that sit on the corners in the city and walk round all day beggin fer money to buy more scag...then 6 months later they progress to being a big issue seller ..how many times does fuck off take to get through..Dont take that the wrong way, there are many legitimate homeless people around here and who i have and would give change to but if you were to come to this city, they think its good to cry homeless to get scag money.Scag being what we call Herorin..sorry i got asked 3 times on one street, on my way home from work by the same 3 people that ask me every day as i walk by..

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I just found something else that really annoys me:people who call this '/' a slash.***it's a stroke***/ = stroke\ = slashggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Real estate agents who don't turn up to advertised inspection times, over and over and over and over and over again mad

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, Ros! people who critisize you! my brother does that to me it drives me mad - then when i tell him to shutup he says it's constructive critisicm. (?!) he says it will make me a better person... mad

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Pet Hates?Hummm....The enter key- too close to the apostraphy and I always hit enter rather than the little hangy booger ''''''movies with the Matrix bullet-dodge action sequence- I mean really, it was cool the first time, and maybe even the second, but get some new Ideas please.Spam- what the hell is that stuff???Ignorence- yes its bliss but it also pisses me off.X-heads, e-tards, k-holes, etc.- Love the music not the drugs.and Finally!that spot on your back that always seems to itch but you can never seem to reach it- designed by some higher power purely for comic relief.Well that's about all I can think of.peaceN8.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
It has been proven that parents (and people in general) talk clearer and more slowly, in a different tone also, when talking to babies so that they can pick up the language easier. Don't know what the hell baby talk does though winkMy Pet Peeves/Hates are:People that act all zen and nice, but then say something really mean, and say they were joking, and for you to not take it so seriously. Passive Agressive people. hate that.People that zoom around/tailgate my 25 year old car, even though I'm going 5 above the speedlimit.Stupid people. Honestly I used to think there really weren't stupid people, or that I could at least stand them, but nope. Its pretty hard to do sometimes. Although it depends on what we're talking about....Noises when its really quiet. When people do repetitive tappings when you're taking a test. How anoying is that. Tapping a pen, and that is THE ONLY noise in the room... Or juggling backstage durring a performance. People can hear you dropping the balls...I'm pretty sensitive to sound... Loud noises make me feel really violated...Don't really hate this stuff, just buggs me. Noises stuff bug me the most... Never heard of not liking spiral tele cords, but I agree that when people use a spoon so it is wet, then use it to get sugar...geese, then it gets all clumpy and brown... -john--------------------------Search for meaning,not guided by thought.Help me find it,I am lost.

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Rudeness and stupidity. And the two always seem to go hand in hand. In the book "What would Budda do?" there is a page titled: . . . when confronted by fools.When confronted by fools Budda would understand that there are people who go through life like children, doing only what they want to do neither caring nor understanding how their actions can effect others. How can you be angry with such unenlightened people? It would be like hating fire because it can burn. The fire doesn't burn you out of anger, The fire doesn't even know who you are, it is simply doing what fire does. Fire simply is.But I must admit, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with rudeness. Especially when people are rude and they know that it's not appropriate behavior, but the also know that nothing will happen to them so they just go on being rude.

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Found a new one today...when you are stuck in traffic in a nasty jam and people pass you on the wrong side so that they can try to sneak in and not wait. Oh they burn my britches!

Can you tell I got stuck in a jam today?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ARRRRRGGGHHHHH
I only have a few, but the ones that I do have I HATE with a passion....

* EATING/DRINKING NOISES... the whole crunch,crunch and the slurp,smacking of lips and guzzling of drinks..MY GOD!!! If we were meant to eat like pigs we would have been born as pigs!!!

* SPITTING...When I lived in NZ heaps of kids would just walk around up town and spit everywhere...and because I dont wear shoes...well you work it out...HOICKING HAS NO CLASS PEOPLE

* TURNING OFF THE TEA PARTY WHEN THE CD IS IN THE MIDDLE AND HASNT FINISHED YET. Say no more.I see red over this one

* PEOPLE WHO DRIVE LIKE WANKERS..

righteo then...have a nice day everyone. .. Im off to spit, after crunching on some cornflakes, while driving at 30 over the limit..

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
my pet hates water, but loves milk.
she's called 'G.J.' and is the coootest thing!
i love my pet!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
One of all time biggest pet peeves is when people dress their animals up in stupid wanker clothing. I saw a woman walking her dog last night and they were wearing matching sweaters. It took all my will power not to set her on fire.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by SickpuPpy:
I saw a woman walking her dog last night and they were wearing matching sweaters. It took all my will power not to set her on fire.
quote:
SickpuPpy's Quote:
If you love something, set it on fire.
So then what are you saying there, puppy?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I think you may be reading into this a little much.

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
It always drives me wild when I'm in an elevator and someone gets in and goes up/down ONE floor...

Take the bloody stairs, you lazy git

Don't worry, be happy...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Similar to what has been mentioned I don' like people shaking my hand, invasion of space, cuddle me once you get to know me aside from that, NO TOUCHING!!!

Spitting - Discusting habit worse than smoking, (like lip balm) once you start you must continue.

People who interrupt, its just plain rude.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
i hate those people who hate people.

oh the irony.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

There's only two things in the world that I hate...

People who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the Dutch.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
My peeves are
-Hypocrites (my mother *cough cough*)
-Trendies
-Prisses/Twinkies
-Posers
-people who act like they are black, but are white. Makes me wanna go 'hey, home fry, what is it? YOUR NOT F*&^ING BLACK'
-asshole rednecks

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
I hate stupid people or people with no common sense. There is no excuse for not knowing anything, go to the library, get a computer, do something...

I also don't like prissy girls. I'm a girl to and like being girly but I hate girls who wimp out on stuff because it'll mess up their hair or they'll break a nail.

Page: ...