Forums > Social Chat > LOL... Trying to pick up staff now

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I was with pozee and wink a while back and decided to pick up a staff, not very good at all. I went out skateboarding today and the ollie bar I use is a 5ft piece of pvc pipe, anyway, I picked it up and started playing. It was FUN!!! I like it. I think I'm going to pick up staff now. My brother is getting me a set of ball chain fire poi and maybe a set of beaming poi, I think I should hit my mom up for a staff. We'll see what happens.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I just got 2 glowstaffs off Santa. I've had lots of fun playing with them in the neosnowy evironment outside.I've decided I need lots of practice though because I'm nowhere near as good as everyone seems to think I am.

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Cantus - good to see you back! You have snow with you? We just have loads of frost. I was looking forward to spinning in snow, I can imagine the light looks cool reflecting off the snow.And I still can't so staff... frown

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
someones addicted! i just got my new staff from moms for christmas. havent lit it up just yet though. i wish the wicks were bigger. i am sure the flame is going to be a little too small for my liking. hey, come over sometime and we can jam. me and wink are spinning tonight...

anyone got a light?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Staff is fantastic fun, and much less devious then that dastardly poi.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
during all the present wrapping i found myself attempting staff with the wrapping paper rolls.. quite fun smile less dangerous than poi! i didnt break anything or hurt myself!!

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
Sicks gonna teach me staff! grin i should mention this to him... Cant just stick with poi.. must....learn...more...stuff!! weeee!------------------https://www.VitalePhotography.com

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should've seen it tonight Durbs. It was wicked. I took my green staff out and span for about an hour til my hands were too cold to catch anymore.The green glow against the snowy/icy background was awesome. Phat beats busting out (oops slipped into coloquialisms again)....erm, I mean had some good tunes on etc. A jolly time was had by all.Was wicked though. Best fun (staffwise) I've had for a while. I've got my enthusiasm back now thanks, in part, to the kind words of a few people off these boards... grin

Meh

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
@ Myst
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
Monkey Butt!------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"[This message has been edited by MiSsFrOg19 (edited 27 December 2001).]

Its not easy being green....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm coming to California in March by the way Myst. Maybe you can show me some staff or something.... grin

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
cantus, coming to california? no way! if your joking you suck, if your not then we should hook up for a spin.

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Seems like it would be a silly joke Pozee. Not in my usual style methinks.I'm coming to visit my beautiful little Nokomis. I was hoping to hook up with you and a few others while I was over. See what all the fuss is about grin wink

Meh

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
hahaha... Me show you something with staff...LOL I can show you some bruises, but that's about it. Sorry bro, I'm way better with the poi. Pozee pretty good though. Looking forward to meeting you though. I'm going to go play now.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Hey, CantusWhile you're in the states you should stop through Denver as well.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Colorado isn't that close to California is it?

Meh

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
17 hours east of LA drive time.... quite a nice drive as well.. IMHO

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is there anything besides Mr puppy at the end of it that i might be interested in?

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Well, Cantus, let's see...Denver has two fire tribes that I know of, a decent club scene (weather you're into techno, industrial, retro, or just plain old rock). There are NO Londoners. We have beautiful mountains. Mind altering substances are plentiful. Kero is cheap, as is Lager, and Neph is here (she is generally more entertaining than television). We are also the home of "South Park", which I don't know if you've seen show, but it's horribly funny. The last time I was in London when people found out that I was from Colorado they would immediatly ask how close I lived to South Park, it was really very odd... But Denver has some of everything, and is much more entertaining than most of the cities I've visited in the UK. It's a lot like L.A. would be if L.A. was smaller, had less pollution, a better economy, less unemloyed actors, and had about 90% less ass holes, and 70% less posers.And hotel prices are very cheap because of the tourism drop after 11 September.You should make the trip out. I would love to meet another staffer, and trade moves. Most people out here spin poi, with the exeption of two of my friends. Maybe I could finally get down those diabolical palm spins.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 29 December 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I don't come from London so that's not a problem. I'm a northerner and tradionally we hate Londoners and, with the exception of a few (Sunbeam, -Dom- et al), I'd have to go with tradition.South Park eh? Funny. I'd have asked how close you were to Boulder - where Mork and Mindy was set. But I suppose I'm just that little bit older....------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
cometocanadacantusbcbcbc

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm not actually that nice in real life you know (just ask Tempest, Thistle or Marlboro). I dont know why you're all making such a fuss.

Meh

Nokomismember
27 posts

Posted:
Canadians always trying to spoil my plans...This ones mine =]lolSick Puppy,Did I mention its quite a scenic drive from Colorado to California? ;]

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
Is there anyone in the English speaking world who hasn't seen at least one episode of South Park?

...tick tick tick....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well I've seen it. I think mr Puppy was assuming as I cast such an innocent air that I might not be aware of it tongue wink grin

Meh

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
Less than an hour away from Boulder... There's a bit of everything here for everyone. Really cant complain much, though I wish we had the daiquiri slurpee machines they have in New Orleans... I need one of those in my house. Come on out and play for a while smilethen head on out to CA and when you're done there go up to Canada... Yeah im jonzen for a road trip, Im making suggestions for other people....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Er no Neph. I feel you may have misunderstood. I'm going to California to be with Nokomis. I might while I'm there (and it is only might) come to Colorado and meet with you and what's his face. Although the prospect of a 17 hour journey followed by a stay in a hotel at the end of it doesn't sound very appealing to me.And there's no way in hell I'm going to Canada!Now if people were to come see me...... that's a whole different ballgame!------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 30 December 2001).]

Meh

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
teehee

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Well, Cantus, I'm not that nice in real life either. It would be great if you could make the trip, it's always a pleasure to meet a fellow staffer, but if you can't come out I don't see my self opening my wrists over it wink. Neph, on the other hand, may be quite heart broken.....Nokomis, I have actually been pondering a trip to Sanfrancisco, but, at the moment, burning man is first priority. If I end up with any extra cash after I get my desert survival money together I may, very well, end up out there. ------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 30 December 2001).]

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
As for the South Park comment, as I live where the show originated from, aside from my last trip to the UK, I have no clue as to it's world wide distribution. Due to it's crass and offensive nature, I wouldn't bet money that most TV networks would be willing to air it.My god! what was the topic of this post again? grin I think we've digressed.....------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
I didnt misunderstand... Knew quite well what your plans are... well, to the extent that you posted... Youre going to CA in March.. pretty simple.. grin Im the one who is often misunderstood, dont even understand myself most the time... grinill be upset youre not coming here, mainly because meeting new people rules. but as sick said, not enough to open my wrists over it... smileTopic of this post was...... Myst is thinking about picking up the staff... or did... something about a staff..[This message has been edited by Neph23 (edited 30 December 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah, we have Channel 4 to air stuff and if you think south park is offensive you should see some of the other things they air grin. Bear in mind kiddies England is a dozen times more liberal than the US.To the other matters addressed. Whilst I am coming to America in March there is a possibility than I'm not actually leaving again - at least for a while grinAre you both sure you wont kill yourselves if I don't come? Only, I've saved a few lives in my time and it would be nice to be responsible for a few deaths if only to maintain some sort of a balance......------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

Page: