StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Hey does anybody know what I have to do to get a animated avatar??? I want to my matrix avatar to have the code falling.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I think it is as easy as using an animated .gif of the appropriate size.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

shen_shuimember
14 posts

Posted:
Hey Stebbins. Is your name Stebbins because of the character in the Stephen King book "The Long Walk"?

- Asharat.

Those that say, dont know. Those that know, dont say.

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
on the subject of avators, i have found a pic that i want to use but cant for the life of me work out how to make it ne smaller. It is 8230 bytes and when i tried to input it it said that the file size could be no bigger then 7000 bytes..so my question is, am i able to send it to someone, and out of of teh goodness in your heart are u able to fix it up for a dumb arse computer illiterate goose?

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Can anyone tell me how to get an avatar at all. I've found the picture I want but can't for the life of me work out how to use it.

I should probably add that I don't understand computers and they hate me, often refusing to perform simple tasks because I am using them!!!

I now have a blank space with a little red cross in it where my avatar should be, please please please can somebody who understands computers help me??

Help!
EDITED_BY: Dirty Marmite Spider (1072107587)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
you've tried uploading a photo that doesn't exist, the one that's there has a size of zero bytes. Gimmie a link to the picture and i'll tell you how to do it ubbrollsmile

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
does anyone know where i could find an animated avatar? and how the hell do i shrink it to fit on hop? i don't have photoshop or any other useful programs like that...

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
wave

I found a picture i would like as an avator, but i too just have a red cross. frown Ummm, i know someone else has asked, but do you think someone could let me know how to fix it? I know the picture exists, when i type the address into that little white box i go to it, so is it too big or something?
Mayhaps a list of instructions exists somewhere that shows how to go from searching an image, say on google, to having it as your avator? Then, again, i may be so off track... i'm such a dumba$$! spank spank
If anyone finds the time i will be eternally grateful kiss.

Thank you soooo much.

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
if you are truly in need, plz email bender@ihug.com.au with the URL of the image you want as an avatar, animated or not.
it'll be better if you can attach said image to the email, but meh.
smile hug

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
or try right clicking on the pic and choosing properties. Where it say address, highlight and copy it and paste it in to the address box on your home screen. That might sort it out if the address is wrong.

Just a thought anyway.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
just make sure you gets the permission to use the link or they may say naughty things about yoo like 'caber tosser' or 'bandwidth theft'

i deny any relations with that caber...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
So where can you actually find an animation- any ideas?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
www.avatarity.com

where i got mine.. *nods* true story.. They have loads of avatars there... some animated... some not. Enjoy!

-edit- 4got 2 mention this, but u cannot link the pic direct. u have to upload it becos the image url changes evry night at midnight to avoid peeps from "stealing" bandwidth...
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1111961688)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."