Forums > Help! > twirling into the twilight

Login/Join to Participate

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
To anyone out there wanting to know tricks, moves, proper techniques, etc, or needs any Q's answered about it, just ask me, the Staff Master

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
/looks around uncertainly
..w.w...where did i come from?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Ok oh mighty one...divulge your knowledge in dewey decimal order...

(waits expectantly)...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

6,978 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP matey!
i encourage ya to introduce yourself so that our family is like the brady bunch, not the ozzbournes..

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
but what is wrong with the osbournes

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
why do i drop the staff so much?

i mean seriously, i'm tired of bending over to pick it up. waiiiit... maybe i could put a bungee on it.. surf board styleee..

6,978 posts

Posted:
Does the frige light reamin on when i close the shower door from the kitchen?

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Bender
Does the frige light reamin on when i close the shower door from the kitchen?
Of course it does... The little man in there needs the light to read... I mean, could you live in the fridge without a light... ( *note* to little children... Don't try this at home... go to a friends house and do it... However, even when your at a friends home, Don't climb into the freezer to visit the seal which lives there, he doesn't want your company or your friendship, and that goes double for the monkey in the oven... )

---------------

Non-Https Image Link

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
O.K. you smartasses. Obviously you guys seem to know you're stuff, but let me enlighten you. I competed 5 yrs against the 7-time world baton twirling champion. I teach baton lessons, as well as staff now (which is an easy version of baton). So, I'm just offering any extra help if anyone needs it, with any Q's or whatever. So, if you really know your stuff, that's great. Tell me about your greatest move you can do.........and no smartass reply like "I can swing the staff back and forth on both sides of me, yah".

"
quote:

...but to carve and shape the very atmosphere through which we look, that is the finest of the arts."

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Tanessa, as with any social group, it might make things a little easier if you introduce yourself slowly into the scene rather than busting in Xena style and declaring your greatness (Evil Xena, by the way).

If you are joking or wish to make a light-hearted statement, a little afterwards lets people read your intent, otherwise it is often interpreted as agressive and rude.

Welcome to the board, and feel free to check out the staff moves threads for ways you can help others who have currently running questions. Asking for questions or people's "greatest moves" is more likely to make people ingnore you and get uppity.

However answering peoples questions inside their own threads is a much better way.

This BB is here for us to help each other, particularly those who don't have many spinners near them.

Welcome to the group...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

6,978 posts

Posted:
what's an illusion? I assume it can be done with staff, as it is much easier, right? I like the other illusions, they make twirling hard n cost $10 at the bar. are all firestaff moves possible in baton?