Forums > Social Chat > ........Waiting.........Waiting......... .. .. . . . . .

Login/Join to Participate

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Hey PeepsIm feeling alittle depressed. I brought my fire poi from this site and have them about 2 weeks now! I was so excited about them. Trouble is, the guy who said he would help me out with the whole fire thing has moved away!!! mad So now I am left with a brand new set of poi which are still untouched by the flame because I dont know anyone else who spins fire frown *sign* Shall I just start the fire myself? I really wanted someone who can spin fire to help me though. Im a solo learner and dont know anyone else who spins... AHHHH how fustrating!Yea anyways, now I have had a little moan, i'll leave you all alone! winkKeep Smiling my lovely peoples! grinGoldenKrispy

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
If your practiced enough just dip 'em, spinn 'em off, light 'em and start spinning. If not there's plenty of suggestions on this site for tricks, practice, practice, practice. I taught myself quite a bit before I found this site. Just look around, if you have the dedication you should be able to do it even though your friend moved away.Don't give up, and always have fun - that's what it's all about![This message has been edited by smilee (edited 29 October 2001).]

later - Smilee

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
But make sure you have a safety there if you do light up...There are a lot of people who haven't hurt themselves on their virgin burn, but there are a lot who have as well.It is preferred to have an experienced firey there but if not, it's essential to have a safety regardless.It might be a good idea to post your location, country town etc so that any firey's who may be nearer than you think can respond.But most of all, please don't live up to nickname and become all golden & krispy by not having a safety.Best of luck.------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
CHeers for the advice guys, but I today has changed all I was tinking yesterday. Ive got a performance coming up now! yay!!! Funny how life can change in a day!!! KEep Smiling grinGolden

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
So let me get this right - you've been spinning two weeks, have never lit up and you're going to do a fire performance?!?!?You're a braver (or mader) man than me mate. I've been spinning 2 months and although I have a decent repetoire of moves, I still am gonna wait another month till I light 'em up - a fire wick hitting you at that pace can hurt when it's not lit - imagine what it could do to your face if is was lit!Whatever you do make sure you have an experienced spotter, a bucket of water (and/or sand), a wet towel and a spinning out area away from the crowd.------------------We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Please take care of yourself and protect your lovely long curly hair GK !!!let us know how things went !!!shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"