Forums > Social Chat > construction of glowstik poi

Login/Join to Participate

EnryoPLATINUM Member
9 posts

Posted:
I"m fairly new to poi only been at it about a month now. I'm not sure how most people make poi for glowsticks but I got tired of using shoe laces so I found that if you put leather straps on nylon rope (the yellow stuff) then get some little caribeeners to tie onto the ends, you can just clip the glowstiks on and off the carribeeners, that way you have a reusable string that you can easily attach glow sticks to with no need to fumble with knots smile Hope this is helpfull

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
That's what I use mate - little karrabeeners. makes change over a piece of cake!

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Mmmm, and if they are too heavy you can use fishing swivels with a safety pin like bit on them. Then you get the joy of the swivel too. wink

Ithacamember
45 posts

Posted:
why not just use a split ring, glow sticks are light enough not to stretch them and they are cheeper than the little caribeena type things.Also if you make handles with swivel clips on for your normal poi, you can use the same handles for the glow sticks, just clip them on to the glow stick string rather than your poi string....------------------check my pics etc at www.poishop.f2s.com------------------I intend to live forever, or at least die trying." Voltaire

------------------
errrm I intend to live forever, or at least die trying.
Voltaire

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
My super-strong deep sea fishing swivels cost me the princely sum of 40p. I had to look everywhere for a fishing shop though (finally found one at the marina, doh). They have all manner of easy attachy ones, just tell them what it's for and they will help.Have fun,Princess