Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > shoulder --> neck --> shoulder --> halo roll

Login/Join to Participate

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
if you have no idea what im talking about u can see me doing it rather poorly at 1.40 through

https://www.firetwirl.net/monkee/videos/contact_0002.wmv

with my new contact stick i can get the move 3 out of 4 times but im yet to be able to get it to go round for a repeat meaning shoulder-->neck-->shoulder-->halo roll-->neck-->shoulder-->halo

there have been a couple of times where the staff has been up against my neck and i probably could have got the second revolution but its usually after ive just concussed my self trying because the staff hasnt been right up against my neck like at 1.22 though the clip.

any ideas as to how to get the staff to stay huggin the neck?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Practise!

or rubber bands, maybe a small sprite will sit on your neck and pull it closer?

nice slow motion intro on the vid by the way. I like that.

and just remember if you can go into the halo roll from the shoulder roll, you can go out of a halo roll into a shoulder neck shoulder wrap thing.

Which is mostly what I've been practising today.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
PLEASE tell me what a halo roll is ?????

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
hummm don't really know what a halo roll is but i know the move that your talking about if maybe the only tip would be to turn faster then you think you have too to get the second turn inor maybe start it on the neck part and to finish take it off the neck .

A simlar move that quite nice is instead of going of back of the neck then turn and over the shoulders is front of neck then over chest. basic it's the same thing going over the other side of your body.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
BamBam, it's a kind of a back roll. Tuck the staff into your armpit (say on your right side), push up onto your shoulder - as the staff rolls over the shoulder and is about to fall off you turn left by ~180 degrees and let the staff roll down over your other shoulder. In effect the staff rolls over the right shoulder, kind of pivots on yr back, then the left shoulder and comes out into your left arm pit.

Mike

[ 06. November 2003, 12:03: Message edited by: Psi ]

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Ill show you bammers, you can do it already.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Now I understand cheers guys. Hehehehe I CAN already do it....Ohh I feel so right now.

Snuggles

Bams

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
after much pondering i realised that it kept rolling on my back because the staff was tilting of the vertical axis which made it more inclided to roll instead of spin. also that i wasnt turning a full 180 degrees each time so yeah there u have it ...... *bangs head* still cant do the move but much closer

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:

that's one awesome video!!!!
i have no idea how to do any of those moves though... i'll have to practice tonight after work...
::needs to meet some staff peoples::
-- jon

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/contact_staffing/
has a few tips mcps site is wicked for learning contact as well https://void.printf.net/~meghan/

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
does anyone know if i can do i?

i probably cant actually...

someone must teach me on the 28thof this month in Bat and Ball

...dreamer...member
36 posts

Posted:
halo roll!!! been trying to find a vid, thanks il try that.

the other move you did -with your hand at your chest, elbow pointing out -learnt that last week, yesterday i finally worked out how to do it backwards and now: same move but at the end a hand roll onto the other hand and a hand roll -then roll back up the arm (reverse backwards style thing. its really hard to bring it out of but cool +i reckon you should be able to o it back and forth lots+lots+lots!!!

Be a dreamer.....

.....dreams can change the world.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
some 6 months later i finally managed to get it biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
i managed to get 3 full revs
just had to share my joy
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin:D biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin