TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Recently, I've been trying to make some decent practise poi and I want to put some swivels in them.

I bought some not long ago and fitted them, but I've broken two already, admittedly one was being pushed to it's limits deliberately, but the other was just being spun normally.

The main problem that I have is that there aren't any fishing shops near where I live or work so I have to order them online, can anyone recommend anywhere I can buy some decent, sturdy swivels from?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I make commet poi to sell and have never had a pair returned because of a broken swivel, neither have I ever broken a swivel on my owm poi/frie chains. I always buy from Solar Tackle 's own range.

Onelove Thistlefirepixie

Are we nearly there yet?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply

Do you use the large or small swivels? I've ordered some of the larger ones with the 70lb breaking strain to be on the safe side.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I use both, I have a little one in the string about 6 inches from the tennis ball and a big one at the top which I attach to the handle with a split ring.

Happy poi making Thistlefirepixie

Are we nearly there yet?