loneskoobimember
2 posts

Posted:
i have lamp oil and citronella. Can anyone recommend a good ratio, or another kind of fuel that I can find in Philly that lasts long and does not pollute the air? email me with info.

Mess is Lore

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
No. If you burn something, you're polluting.
Do a search for fuel, then spend the next 40 hours reading the wealth of info you will find!!

loneskoobimember
2 posts

Posted:
how about minimizing pollution level?

Mess is Lore

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
at the rate at which an individual would burn fuel to spin fire, pollution contribution would be minimal considered against the effects of vehicle pollution, large vehicle diesel pollution, oil/petro-chemical production pollution and a single volcano eruption.

However, if new people continue to pick up the hobby/art/sport/profession then after hundreds of thousands of spinners spinning multiple times a day, everyday, there might be a calculable percentage of pollution, like .0000000005%
If you wanna make difference, talk everyone you know into walking, or just ask GW Bush to tighten industry emmissions in the US!!

A quick answer to your question, and this is quite a personal preference, but ultra pure lamp oil (or citronella) mixed 2:1 with whitegas (coleman's lamp fuel available at wal mart. The whitegas helps the ignition process so it lights quicker, and gets hot enough to spin without putting it out much, much quicker, and has minimal exhaust smells....
Combining lamp oil with citronella would probably just be a head ache light, and would have one funky smell!!

[ 21 June 2002, 07:52: Message edited by: toneman ]