pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
Hey i have looked around on passed topic and come to the conclusion that these thinks sound pretty cool. However i have no idea on how to make on!!! Can anyone enlighten me or point me in the direction of any info on the subject? If not i will just have to go trial and error style the true Aussie way. thanks.
in the words of a friend
Peace, love and mung beans
The only man with the pants of flames

It's all good

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
pantsonfire has the best name on the board!
I know Reg Bolton in Perth has them in his shop, but if he was there to sell them that would be cool. I don't think they're in the HOP shop. Juggle art would have them I reckon as hacky are close enough to juggling balls. Otherwise weave a spherical bag yourself out of kevlar thread and fill it with ceramic beads
Discovered recently that lighter gas refill is nicer to use than kero, as it doesn't splash off on your foot.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
wow! I love hackey sack and have never thought about combining it with fire...that sounds awesome, but would I need some fireproof shoes? I've found that skate shoes are great for hacking, but nothing (i mean NOTHING) beats Adidas Superstars (aka shelltops). On another note, when my school took a trip to France last year, my friends and I did nothing but hack and we got strange looks from les Français. Have they not been exposed to hackey sack before? such a shame.

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
les francais saw you had a booger in your nose!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
i've been looking for fire hacky-sacks for a while now.. they're awesome fun to play with! Juggleart don't stock them though, for liability reasons i think.
If you know how to crochet, you can just buy the kevlar thread and make one yourself - unfortunatly i don't know how to crochet, i tried to learn the other day but it ended in tears.. :\

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Save ya shoes, latex glo-hackeysacs won't burn ya, and come in colours other than flambe. (red, green, blue.) plus they're filled with clear plastic beads, so these sacs will deform like wigless glam rocker before hurting your head on impact.

Prob is, they're hella fragile! i made a set in an attempt at glo poi - the plastic mesh that held them busted, then the latex busted.

The lesson in this story is that when your latex busts from vigorous overuse, it's time to get safer hobbies.

ya pervert.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

148 posts

Posted:
thanks everyone, i feel much enlightened, i did learn to crochet as a child (thanks Grandma), But all i remember now is some sort of a hook device, i'll get my sister to teach me.
There is a fire toy shop about an hour and a bits drive from here so i think i will make the effort and see if they have any!!!
thanks for the help,

quote:
The lesson in this story is that when your latex busts from vigorous overuse, it's time to get safer hobbies.

and once again classic bender hummour!!! love your work!!

It's all good

148 posts

Posted:
*blushes* at audax's comment, actually i cant take criedt for the name, a friend suggested it to me!!!

It's all good

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
you can definitely buy flaming hackeys..I have bought 3 of them in the past...they seem to fall apart really quickly (like 5-7 sessions) and at AUD$40 each, its an expensive bit of fun...

and before anyone starts, I was totally following all care guidelines with my hacks, and all 3 died in the same approx time...

Josh

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Well,

I think they are a brilliant idea too, an old wick came off a mates staff and I proceded to have a bit of a kick around the other day.

T hink the easiest way to make them would be to just make a ball out of some kevlar - try not to leave metal exposed as you make em so you wont get burns.

Mark P

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
I made a fire hacky sack all icans say is
EEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL.
the fucking thing burn my leg and ruined my foot (hey i put out fire stafes with my feet and no pain)
so the moral is fire hacky sacks usally have no equalibrian so don't use fire

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
My Uncle told me about a game they used to play when they were younger, seems it could be adapted to hackey sacks......

Get some really thick cotton thread, and wind it untill you have a decent sized ball. Soak in metholated spirits, before lighting, then throw it to each other....... the metho burns at a lower temporature, so for catching and throwing back quickly, you're not that likely to scorch yourself...

Looks pretty impressive when you are just playing catch! `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
You can also play fire volley ball with a toilet roll soaked in paraffin. I advise you have buckets of water on hand, and wet your arms and hands first.

Only for the brave and the stupid.

I've only played it 5-6 times cos i couldnt find anyone to play with wonder why?

I recommend very big open spaces too.

Play safe.
Axis.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Axis,

Book me in for a game!