Forums > Technical Discussion > Combining Martial Arts with FIRE

Login/Join to Participate

the hidden blademember
7 posts

Posted:
I would like and opinion on the topic of combining martial arts weapons such as
Sword, Nunchukas, etc

Because Nunchukas are illegal i have figured out a way to get around the law!!!

post me if you wanna know how and if you want the plans for such tools!!

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
is that combining like as in unexpectedly pulling your swords out of your ninchuka and chopping someone?

intruiging........

ive got a better way of getting round the law, ooops make that 2
1 stealth and caution
2 explosives

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
i love to use martial arts type equipment when i practice or perform. the use of tools like those give so many more options to things you can do with the flames. i use swords and askrima sticks personaly...altho i am trying to make a decent set of fire naunchuka(sp). let me know if anyone has a good way of explaining how i would go about makeing a set if you dont mind....

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yay woot for all you peoples who are incorporating other art into firetwirling! bellydancing or kendo-headwacking, you peepulz keep it fresh! they are a good bet when you grow weary of staff/poi or have too many intact bones.

that said, there's been many a way-sick firetwirler from these boards who have reached the edge, taken a crap on it, then moved on.
do yas wanna make fire nunchaku with one fire end or two? perhaps you can benefit from M@tt's foray into the world of firey chuks

I am not held responsible for saying "I am not held responsible for" cos it's not really my responsibility to respond so.
CAUTION: don't taboggan with shorts on.
Frodo lives!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
I did do some work on combat staff moves.

Combat staff is sharp quick movements unlike the flowing movements of juggling staff. Best done with a partner I recon but nobody wanted to play with me (scared).

I put down a few combat staff moves then I learnt this one handed cartwheel move where you use the end of the staff instead of the hand. It looked good but when I was showing everyone, I got a little over enthusiastic and the staff bent and I hit the floor. Life sux.

i wanna do combat staff cause I wanna be darth maul. I wanna a light sabre.

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy g:
i wanna do combat staff cause I wanna be darth maul. I wanna a light sabre.
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Quicker, easier, more seductive the Dark side is. Bombard you with prequels it will!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
you know we already did a posting on fire nunchucks...one moment, search for you I will. Only a true jedi can weild the power of the search engine... https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000529

So anyways, I guess nobody said how to make them. just take a pair on nunchucks and attach a wick on tghe ends of them. I drill a couple holes through the end (on four inches and on one inch from the end, then wrap a peice of cotton towel around it, then put solid wire through the holes and twist it up, and you have a wick, I use one on each end, but make sure oyu have a long enough chuck, I make my own chucks too, so I can control the dimensions.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

6,978 posts

Posted:
grasshopper, is it not said that the path to enligntenment lies within combining martial farts with fire?
meditate on this you will!