Page:
klubkidnycmember
25 posts

Posted:
when can we get that!!!soon i hope......please i really want those....

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
What are you on about?Have I misunderstood something? Did you write several posts in invisible ink before this one? What's going on? *begins to sob*

...tick tick tick....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Damn! I was going to say that. Those exact words. Lanford you must have my copy of the script.*Tiptoes quietly away before anyone notices whats happening*------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
wow those ARE cool!!!

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
i love HoP, and I love malcolm, and I burn with a sense of loyalty, but to be honest, i think the ones at www.dube.com are far far better. chech them out.------------------Flame on!

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah I see, I take back our (me and lanford's)confused ranting.How much will they be Malcolm? Will you be limiting the number per customer?If not I need 3 pairs. I also need an extra birthday so my dad can buy them for me.....------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Here ya go Cantus *hands him an extra birthday* I found it whilst I was cleaning up the other day and nearly threw it out!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'm thinking I might have to get some of these, but I have a stupid question... how easy will it be to adapt this to my ball chain set up with, say, a key ring? I couldn't really see the top, but it looks like it has a loop built into it that the SS wire goes through... Also, anyone have a weight conversion for 180 grams? Maybe 1.2 pounds? I may be WAY off there... wink

klubkidnycmember
25 posts

Posted:
sorry if i was misunderstood......i wasn't really sure myself for a moment what i was actually goin on about myself.when i saw them last night on the site i was really drunk and couldn't find them in the shop.....so i wrote that really confusing post.go off and have a few then read it again, it then should make perfect scense....lollater

klubkidnycmember
25 posts

Posted:
oh i almost forgot, thanks a lot malcolm.

nattymember
14 posts

Posted:
GREAT ! FANTASTIC!could i use them on a uv-light show? does anybody know?

###surrounded by natty###

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Quoted by toneman, Also, anyone have a weight conversion for 180 grams?
0.4 lbs.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you[This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 16 February 2002).]

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pele's Whipping Boy! (damn, now if I could only get one of my own!!) wink Did I mention I might be WAY off?? lol

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
:drools: tongueuts on "things to get" list::drools again::wipes mouth off:mmm, im suddenly very happy...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Ok, i love them.Malcolm, couple of questions tho:Can you make double headed poi with them? I can see some loops on the bottom of the sticks.Had to ask, cos last week I put two glowsticks on each string, one half way down (1 orange & 1 purple), other at the end of the string (both yellow). Looked absolutely brilliant even when doing simple moves.Ok, one more question.. is the cable permanently fixed to the top or can it be changed for ball chain?And the last one.. how long do the batteries tend to last?Thanks for any help,Tom

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Down with glopoi!Those ultima glo tubes look damn cool. Attach those to the end of your glopoi and viola glotubepoi!------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
*crawls around on the floor *onmg my b-day is in may... wowwweeei NEED those poi's all of them colors..and the staffs.. and meteors.and the col vid's and the uv body paint..and the hand held black light..*sniff cry* and a credit card... *le sigh*

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

skandarrghmember
12 posts

Posted:
hey my birthdays in may too hehe smile sorry anyway back to what i wanted to say:please put the LED sticks from www.coltronix.com on here someone grr the expert ones look amazing and i want them grrgonna go sulk now------------------i wanna be a rockstar :o)-------------------------warm red glow

i wanna be a rockstar :o)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I have a pair Identical to Malcolm's set since Early Jan from Juggle art ($95AU)They totally rule.The glo poi is the most durable poi i have, fire toys included. the plastic is VERY hard. you can't bend it. most important of all:They're the *Brightest* non-fire poi available. And PHunky yes, i too have spent hundreds on the best poi to bring to raves - these KILL my best efforts! they're strong enough to fall on and fit in long cargo pockets.PERFECT!!i encourage everyone to buy em. Everyone loves seeing them. Anyone who's seen them reckon the brightness KILL glowsticks! if you shoulder-ride a friend at a rave and spin poi, you will rule!!Very good value toy.------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

6,978 posts

Posted:
Ah and i forgot: a word of warning,They're really really fast. faster than a zunni poi - and very hard knock. I was told off by security at Hardware Universe @ Kryal Castle for almost K.O.ing some dude with an afro. so beware =(------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

6,978 posts

Posted:
PHL9te, I agree with you on the fact that it aint a small purchase, but I tell ya you get what you pay for. I mean the only wear n tear that my pair have is some slight discolouration from the inside due to the metal twine rubbing on the paper. They are totally durable! I reckon I'm *saving* money cos all my previous glopoi needed replacement eventually. This one doesn't even bend! The second last one i had was a mega painful set of Guatamalan Nite-sacs rigged up as poi (it never survived new years.)All your glopoi are belong to us!------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

6,978 posts

Posted:
Uh Malcolm, I was talking a staffer at Juggleart today and I just have to say WOW man! They're the best glopoi I've ever used and you're selling it internationally at a price cheaper than I bought it *locally*!!Hot damn. I should demand steak knifes!=)------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
YAY!! tongueI got my Glow Poi Saturday morning.I got 2 Blue glowsticks, 1 Red & 1 Green....some ball chain & connectors..& I now have some double-headed Glow Poi!!!!They look absolutely awesome!!I can even move the different heads about (at the moment I have the Blue heads on the ends, with the Green and Red half way down).They're quite long at 3 foot 7 inches shocked Also Drakien said he thinks they're really heavy to spin (I think this is due to the length).Oh, and they kind of resemble nunchucks on chains! Oh well..Might try a get some film of them soon (with a webcam??), but its got to be dark outside (no swinging inside me thinks..)Tom

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Tom,How did you stack them? Awaiting mine and want to go the 'bigger = better' route!Ta!

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
OK,And Dom just asked me to explain how I made mine double headed, & I'm bored of my assignment (going very slowly).. so here goes:Stuff: couple of feet of ball chain 2 type A couplings 6 type A heavy duty clasps 2 sets of elctroglo poi (all from HoP shop)& some wire cutters1. I removed the handles from one of the sets of electroglo's. (just slide the wire and swivels off the ring clasps on the handles)2. Cut the ball chain into four equal lengths (I made them all 10 balls long, you can change this but i don't recomend them being any longer 43" poi are long enough, unless you're REALLY tall)3. Attach the two couplings to two of the lengths of ball chain and to the two handles. Attach two of the heavy duty clasps to the other end of this ball chain.4. Attach the rest of the heavy duty clasps to the other two lengths of ball chain.You now (hopefully) have two handles attached with ball chain to clasps, and two lengths of ball chain with clasps at either end.5. Here's where you mutilate your beautiful new poi sets.. well actually you just need to cut the lengths of wire that connect the handles to the glo poi off BUT PLEASE cut them off ABOVE the grasps that finish the loop of wire (ie only cut the single bit of wire)...I WOULD RATHER NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU CUT THE WRONG BIT so please ask me to clarify if your not sure but I think it's quite obvious.This leaves you with two handles, two sets of clasps and four electroglo sticks with a loop of wire sticking out of the top.6. I then clipped/attached the handles to the loops at the top of the two sticks that I wanted half way down with the chains.7. Then pull the wire at the bottom of the sticks out a little and clip one of the clasps (on the two end claspy things) to each of the sticks.8. You can then just clip the other two sticks to the other clasps on the end of the ball chain.You now have a set of double headed elctroglo poi.. HOORAY.. and I think they look great..I am thinking of trying to shorten the length of the wire loops at the top of the sticks (cos they stick out a little too much for my liking.. though not as much to upset me) but I'm not sure I can do it properly and don't want to make them likely to break..Anyhow, hope that helps & I hope this post isn't too long but I wanted to be as clear as I could. wink winkTom

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Ooh, that really was long.. sorry..It's really very easy.. promise..

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi all, the electroglow poi are pretty impressive, but the heads seem fairly long. That's not a criticism, I think they are great and will probably get some soon, but I was wondering what they are like to do wraps with.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Thanks Tom!

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
They wrap fine.. even having two 9inch heads...Tomedit: Oh.. I have noticed that my green stick is much brighter than the blue and red (proberly the least bright) ones.. anyone noticed the same or got any ideas why??[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 26 February 2002).]

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
i just got my blue ones yesterday!! I was SO excited. I played with them for about 30 minutes, until I decided to do the 5 beat and got the timing a little off bringing them across my body. Needless to say, I HAVE NEVER FELT PAIN LIKE THAT BEFORE!!! It's kinda funny because when I got 'em I was think, man, these things aren't as heavy as I thought they would be. They are!!So I have used them for about 30 minutes and I'm aleady thinking about modifying. Anyone else out there that has them let me know what you think.I'm probably going to order another set, and put the LED's on both sides. I've been debating about the color. I considered putting a sleeve in the center, with a plastic mirror on both sides to reflect the LED back and forth, from top to bottom. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll probably use green on the top site, with the blue on the bottom, all in the same tube. This would raise a couple of problems with the connection of the glopoi to chain. I am thinking about securing the poi from the top, so I can eliminate the cable running down the center, through the bottom. This presents me with another problem. If I put LED's in the tops, then at some point I'll need to remove them to replace the batteries. Securing at the top would complicate that, because that would require a strong hold, yet releasable to change the batteries. I'm not too worried about turning them on/off because I believe that the hole in the top could serve that purpose with the use of a small wire to flip the switch.Any thoughts, ideas??? Flaws with thought process?? Please let me know what ya think!!tone

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Malcolm, correct me if I am wrong, but this is a specially made product, right? I know this will open up a can of worms, so you can respond by email if you like, but is it possible to have the basic idea customized?What toneman just brought up of having different colors separated on either side of the tube gave me an idea. I have several sets of the RAV'N lights, and I love the effect very much. But they aren't very weighty, and it took some experimentation with some ideas off this site to protect them and spread the light. Is it possible to talk to the manufacturer and see if they can make some of these with the chip-controlled "red/green/blue" LED's. I am saving right now to get a bunch of stuff to support this site, and the electro-glo's are high on my list, but alternating color electro-glo's would be f**king amazing! I know you are a busy guy, but I know I would appreciate it a lot. Even if they only made a couple of sets for me. grin------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Page: