Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London Poi in the Park - November 1st Special Guests

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Autumn is well and truly here and winter is approaching rapidly. And so PiP shall hibernate until next year.

But not without one last spin on a winter's day! On November 1st we have some special guests in town:
Cassandra - Exquisitely beautiful dancer and world famous French Frog
Shibaki - Barefooted extraordinaire from Florida
PK - Pierced wonder and founder of PiP
Nat - The spinning angel with a killer smile

So to celebrate we're going to hope the sun shines and have a PiP!

Thanks to everyone who made it down to PiP this year, espically you hardcore spinners who were there come rain, wind and cold! It's been a wicked summer!

[ 19. October 2003, 03:22: Message edited by: Døm ]

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*crackle....this is a customer servise announcment. Matthew BM will be getting nekkid today due tpo teh fact that he told me.*

hoorar! its another shindig in the park!

amy...name tag responsibility is a great burden to bear. Its also a proper mission...thats why im glad im not doing it again this year.

can someone bring some hugs please?
and the massage oils....i feel like i have been sleeping in um...er....something cramped and uncomfortable for a week...

can someone remind mr ogre to crack my back..

i shall bring some beer.

hooray for beer!

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Jon, you wish!

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Hey all, who's up for a spin on August 10th?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Top day! Not a drop of rain in sight, I even thought i might get sunburnt at one point. Met even more nice HoP people and took a load of photos (including baguette spinning evidence), which can be found here:

https://photos.offline.org.uk/showgallery.php?galleryid=112

Feel free to leave comments under the fotos. Right, whats next on the London HoP social calender?

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
What a lovely day!

I was brave enough to try my first burn (hooray for fire! hooray for the 3 beat weave! hooray for panicking and giving them to somebody else! ) and braver still for eating a tofu-hot-dog.

In the dark I managed to lose: a big bottle of coke, the remains of a cherry cake and my blackberries. So if anyone cleared them up on my behalf, sorry for leaving them and a big thank you for picking them up.

So, when's the next one?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

605 posts

Posted:
A successful day, indeed, if you don't count my apparently screwed up attempts to play with fire. :-(. A massive tangle (thanks NYC for sorting that one out) and then setting fire to the back of my t-shirt. I've had better fire spins. Oh, and sorry for whingeing at people last night about it.

Luv 'n' Lemons

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
I never got a sticker

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
flid man you rock

loads of pictures of another wicked day on the common.

although because i'm a picky bastard, i have to point out that i was doing just a normal hyperloop in that photo. cheers for making me sound better than i am though

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
ooh fun

but i think i'm going to have to "do a pink poi" and hide from flid's camera in future

ANYHOO...

if anyone left a grey top behind (no better description cos i haven't got round to having a proper look at it yet) then i've got it. if you wanna contact me then PM me or email me or send me a telegram or shout really loud and hope i'll hear you.

oh and NYC, Jemmamamimamymasmallgirlmiimamoomamurmur has your marvellous flying bubble apparatus that you left behind. If you're not sure who she is then look for a ickle girl-type person staring into the distance and smiling lots. She may also be attached to a cam.
oh, and while i'm chatting to you, sorry for not getting round to saying hello yesterday. i felt quite guilty, especially after c@ntus informed me that contrary to his expectations you were actually rather pleasant

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Hello,

I was in London on Sunday to meet up with a friend and got there early so popped along to the common to see what was going on - didn't come and say hello because i'm really shy but it was good to see so many people spinning, you just don't get that in Oxford. I think i'm the only one!

Jess.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
didn't say hello? Hmm, Pink Poi was supposed to be on 'grab random people with poi and bring them to sit with us' duty yesterday. You needent be scared of us, only ucof bites, and there's a hospital near by

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hello Hello!

I'm currently in Ayuthaya, Thailand, and I'm still really sad that I missed such a lovely day...I hope you all had a wonderful time!!

Missing you guys, but still having a great time,
Carrey
XXX

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
I wanted to come and say hello but I was there on my own and it felt a bit wierd as you all know eachother already. I'm a bit odd like that - once I know people i never shut up but i'm not very good with new big groups of people.

Jess

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Know the feeling...it was only my second poi gathering, but next time, just come along anyway... we didn't all know each other (amy k handed out name stickers, which made things easier!) but everyone is friendly so it wasn't weird.

605 posts

Posted:
and you did fire...

Luv 'n' Lemons

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
1. I have photos (no, not only of DFQ's breasts ) there are other which will be posted when i can ...um...get..um round..to..um........be bothered to..

2. lovely day indeed.

3. polythene- great to finally meet you

4. NYC same as above but only more so..no offence to polythene there...

5. bubble plane crazy fooked up poi....me likes..

6..um...

7...double um and an err.

8. dear Mr. C@tnuts. i didnt fall asleep this time...i stayed awake all the time. my spelling is getting better and you have a bigger nose than me.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
heh heh, many innocents. Pink Poi bullied me into helping, and we ganged up on the antisocials.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
yes but yours helps your contact juggling so it's bound to be a bonus.....

now be nice or i'm taking my hug back.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Was lovely seeing everyone again - even jon. Who, I must say, has got radically better at poi since last time I saw him (even if he has nicked most of his moves from SmallBoy).

Had some good chats with Mr DsAds - sorry i couldn't think of much very interesting to say.

thank you to Simian for divulging the chat we had (in confidence) on this public forum. Thank goodness you didn't mention that I kept referring to him as "The Yank".....

Sir Sheep - hope you've been measuring lots of stuff with your new toy.

Jez - good seeing that your gay hand hasn't fully retired

Thanks to Pink Poi for confusing me by wearing the wrong colour - black is not pink no matter how hard you squint.

Pink Flags - did you manage to get drunk enough to show off your peircings?

Flid - it was fantastic not meeting you. Although i was present when you introduced yourself to my girlfriend - so I'll pretend i met you then....

Random DFQ quote:
Damn it! Some (expletive) has eaten all the cream and just left the shells...."

Meh

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
Flid - it was fantastic not meeting you. Although i was present when you introduced yourself to my girlfriend - so I'll pretend i met you then....
Sorry! i was in overwhelmed meeting people mode yesterday and must have missed you out, didn't mean anything by it! I do remembering nodding and quietly mumbling hello in your direction thou, so that's better than about half the people who were there

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
*sings: I have a hard drive i have a hard drive (even if it is a measley(sp?) 3gb)*

C@ntus - i decided to go incognito, but to be fair i did have a pink bra on! Nice seeing you again anyway!

I think i managed to get 4 people to stop being anti-social and shy and to sit with us. Didn't see any other straglers sitting away from us. But then again i wasn't looking that hard for people.

Polythene - I didn'e exactly bully you into helping, i think dragging is a more accurate term

Simian - Glad to see i have there's a new thing named after me, i am really camera shy. Anyone who gets a picture is either really persuasive or really discrete(sp?)

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by C@ntus:
Was lovely seeing everyone again - even jon. Who, I must say, has got radically better at poi since last time I saw him (even if he has nicked most of his moves from SmallBoy).

spideymember
46 posts

Posted:
What a great day! It was SO good to meet up with other poyagers (just discovered that term and I love it!). I've spent the last three weeks in my garden wondering what this was supposed to look like and imagining that everyone thinks I'm a freak (ok, I live a very sheltered life!).

Problem is, I can't put many faces to logon IDs, so I'll say thank you everyone for being so welcoming. (Pink Poi, you were doing a fab job! ).

Cool photos Flid, and thanks for your guidance!

Hope to see y'all again soon!

Sarah

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
quote:
Had some good chats with Mr DsAds - sorry i couldn't think of much very interesting to say.
Was wicked to finally meet you properly, .....good chats? really? Am surprised i managed to string together one coherent sentence!

Oh and don't worry we can have some interesting convos next time, assuming i'm less shagged!

A hug to everyone else, especially those i missed out!

Till next time round

Ads

Is that magnets!?

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
quote:

Sir Sheep - hope you've been measuring lots of stuff with your new toy.
I have. I measured my banana at break this morning, much to my amusement of my work mates.

Its turning pink again though

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
"What do you get if you cross a train with a sheep? A tractor"
I don't get it

I understand that if you cross a sheep with a train then you'd get a farmer on a tractor to come and clear up the mess, but a train with a sheep?

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Long story. And I don't remember all of it. Make suomething up, might make more sense that way.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT! It was so nice to meet you all!

Gotta run!

ARRRRRGGG!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Who was that speeding princess?

Meh

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
*bump*

photos of the 3rd august one are here:

https://photos.offline.org.uk/displaypicture.php?galleryid=114&orderid=35

(starting on the second page, the first page is the redbull flugtag thing)

Page: ...