Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Or Brixton - Wednesday
Higbury - Thursday
Leytonstone (Fire night) - Friday

During the summer there's Clapham Common on Sunday
And Beach parties once a month

For the hardcore dedicated fans there's also people that meet up randomly and spin together due to 4/5 days a week not being enough of a fix.

Check your PM's

[ 14. February 2003, 21:25: Message edited by: SmallBoy ]

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I can't make it next tuesday - I've discovered that the cinema is showing Donnie Darko
It's only being screened once, and since it's such a fantastic film, I'm going to have to go see it.

At some time during the future, they're doing the same with Alien and the original version of the Ring, both of which I'm going to have to miss Spitz for.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
i'll be there.....

anybody know anything about this antiapathy thingy thats going on??

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
I shall be there tonight as ever

And happy birthday to SmallBoy

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
Oooh, yeah, Happy Birthday mate!!

I won't be there tonight (I have to be elsewhere for work purposes!! ), but for anyone that Johanna was talking to about Boingboingboing party tickets (which I mentioned above) they are 7 quid and she'll have some with her this week, as will I next week!

Ta peeps. Have fun without me

A xx

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
Yay, it's official, Simian AKA Simon has won the flyer copetition with his stunning 'generic-man' entry.

Is it possible to attach it to this thread does anyone know? Alternatively if you want to see it, it'll be accross London within a week , I'll bring some down next Tuesday, or you can mail me at spitzinfo@yahoo.co.uk

Yay Simian, you the man and I'm very greatful for your efforts.

Nice one all who turned up last night. Stupidly cold but it was a freak weather pattern, and Spring is almost here

Have a great week,

SmilE

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
What time can we expect the shivering bodies to congregate at tomorrow? 6pm still?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i'll be there from six as i hope will bam, hels and mike (they ain't @ work so they better be there on bloody time ).

see ya there

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
well i will be there at about 5 namely cos it takes me about 1.5 hours to get there from my new house in chesham. or actually it will be fairly early...dont know about 5 tho...and i need to save some hash for mike..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Ta muchly

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

2,737 posts

Posted:
Mike doesn't dig tobacco too well, got any pure skunk reefas on the go little one? -

2,737 posts

Posted:
Sorry, jon did you say 5????
Is that coz it looks like an 8 and you got confused? -

Fekkin 'ell - how many people down last night?
Hugz for Kat, Hels, DFQ, Drome & Primate and all the people that don't need a special mention coz dey alwaaaaaaaayz down.

Oh & 1 for Ewan for buying me a beer and sitting round smoking with us -

Oooo - post 222 - someone show Jez.......

[ 26. February 2003, 21:43: Message edited by: SmallBoy ]

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
OK, I ache!! I have not played for ages and I was trying to learn staff most of the night, trying to get used to the damn thing and bashing myself loads! My hands are bruised and torn and battered I look like I have been fist fighting - Needless to say I enjoyed myself immensely

- W B Yeats

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Kat:
I was trying to learn staff most of the night
i did a bit of that last night too! i take back all my comments about how sticks are crap (though i've probably kept them fairly quiet around here anyways!).

kat - we obviously don't know what the hell the other looks like or one of us would have probably said hello to the other at some point

and smallboy i think you missed the honourable mention for our visitng spinning doctor mike g!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Cole we met before but I may not have my glasses on! Were you there early playing with your 2 coloured (blue & green /yellow) poi? If so I know who you are? I was sitting in a corner stuffing myself with KFC and coffee when I arrived.

BTW - Still have to have our chat re: Mulholland Drive, want to know more about significance of cowboy. Let me rent it out again and then we can sit down and figure Mr. Lynch and all his nuances out!

- W B Yeats

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yeah that was me i too wasn't wearing me glasses or contacts so i could barely see across the spinning area either. at least you'll have some idea of who i am when we come down to visit ya next week

see your intro re: the lyncherator - didn't wanna rant on about crazy films in this thread

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

2,737 posts

Posted:
....and the world travelling Dr Mike obviously.
Bugger these hangover things........

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
shit

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

2,737 posts

Posted:
Yeah, where the hell where you young lady.....swanning about doing "coursework" and pretending like you haven't got a social responsibility to spread joy and hugz to SmallBoys and the suchlike......

Honestly -

(We love you really - xxx)

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
|*deleted long and now redundent post

if you'd read it - of course it didn't happen b***dy technology
working on the writeup:mad:

will perhaps be down to see y'all april onwards - in fact you won't be able to get rid of me from after the 23rd may...

[ 09. March 2003, 06:03: Message edited by: amy k (em) ]

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
sorry guys but im not going to be there tonight...i will be staying with my mum in chesham and so im not awake enough to have an hour asnd a half train journey there...sorry...from now on i think i will be making it every other week event...

sorry to everyone...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Well thats it UCOF - if you are not going then neither am I!!!

Meant to be going to see Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned! Never been to see a programme being filmed before so should be interesting

Have a nice evening

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
but if i doo go...and dont tell you.....doe sthat mean you will somehow turn up there?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Unless you manage to shake off my spies....

You never know

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hee hee...that kind of sounds rude...ahhahaahahaha

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by amy k (em):
will perhaps be down to see y'all april onwards - in fact you won't be able to get rid of me from after the 23rd may...
Woohoo! ( )

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Rude? what on earth is rude about my cunning lingo?

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
as to quote from austin powers...

you may be a cunning linguist but i am a master debater..

hoo hoo...tis a silly film..

there are some great quotes from it as well..

2,737 posts

Posted:
Cheers to Glass, I actually learned something on a tuesday...and not only something randomly discovered whilst pissing about with contact staff, but several...nay many stolen staff and poi moveses.........

Rah..........roll on Thursday night.......

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
thursday what am i missing on thursdays aswell?

Page: ......