elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
to all the english folk, i'm a lone twirler.i dont know anyone that spins and was wondering if anyone knows of poi and staff workshops near lincolnshire. im willing to travel a little. i'd really like some advice and a chance to learn a little from someone who knows more than me.happy heat.

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think Thistle runs one in Nottingham. I've lost the details for it though.

Meh

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
I don't know of any workshops in linconshire but i can highly recommend (if you want to learn loads) the cosmos circus courses.See events/performances/gatherings "5 day circus course/holiday".Join us!

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hi Ellie.Lincolnshire ehhh. Well I have family living out in Sudbrooke. I visit Licoln on a regular basis, and get a bit bored having nobody to twirl with. Drop me a mail and let me know where you live, then we'll meet up next time in in the area....which should be soon.Lisa smile B[This message has been edited by BamBam (edited 20 March 2002).]

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
Anybody know any workshops in or around Newcastle especally cheap ones Fairyfire (Sophie and Jacob) sometimes do one off classes in dance city but im thinking more of a regular thing. Come on kids there has to be something vaguely close to me. ------------------"smoking makes you look cool" His Majestys personal Elvis

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
I dont know if it still running but I know there usesd to be a juggling club that met on Thursday nights 7 - 10ish in the West End Boys Club, just off the Westgate Hill. I think the actual road was called Sutherland Avenue but Im sure if you ask around someone will be able to help you out. Its not the best of areas to go to in the evenings but the people there were friendly and would welcome poiers and staffers. It used to cost about a pound too - although this is going back YEARS!Just had a thought - the magic shop up by Gallowgate/ the back end of Eldon Square might be able to help you out as I know some of the guys there were into magic too.

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
I dont know if it is still running but years ago there was a juggling club that met every thursday from 7 - 10ish, cost about £1.They used to meet in the Westgate Boys Club,Sutherland Avenue, West Gate, Newcastle.Form what I remember its kinda near the Fire station and just behind the hospital. I know its not the best of places to go at night but the people are/were friendly and would welcome any poi/staff people.If you go to the Magic shop by Gallowgate/ back of Eldon Square they might be able to tell you if it is still running cos some of the guys were into magic and we are talking YEARS here!Hope it helpsGruff cool

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
EDINBURGH! Monday nights on 'The Meadows' people gather there to play with their toys. Well......... I do...

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
Cheers Gruff i will get myself along to magic box and give it a ask if not i will brave westgate road. although being quite local I've never had any trouble in newcastle despite drunkanly walking through fenham at 3 in the morning on many occations.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dibs honey, will you get over the whole Edinburgh thing? wink tongue

Meh

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
its such a bugger living in such a remote place but i went to nowich the other day and saw a summer worshop advertised for chapefield gardens so i might see if i can make it to some, need to learn more!oh and cheers lisa itd be good to twirl with someone.The Lone Twirler!

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
*Dibs looks at Cantus like he's just crushed her into tiny little pieces* frown Sorry Cantus - sniff sniff - I didn't mean to get over excited about Edinburgh - I won't speak again until you demand it. Sorry Mr.Cantus. I am eternally sorry.... *She sprinkles her fairy dust on Cantus (even though he's been mean to her!) and sits on the floor by his feet with one hand on her head, and the other hand over her mouth* When your ready Cantus....

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
Dear mr Cantus I wish to complain over the dreadful treatment of my friend Dibs I find Edinburgh to be a fantastic place and no one should be reprimanded for talking about it. As has been suggested on other threads are you coming down from the evil weed of tobacco?This in itself would explain a few things your intolerance of others for instance. yours hoping you realize that nicotine patches are free on nhs the boy of randomness Managing director of (tongue and cheek reprimands AreUs)------------------"smoking makes you look cool" His Majestys personal Elvis

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*wonders if no one else can see the wink smiley and the sticky outy tonguey smiley that he put in his post*

Meh