Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > British Juggling Convention - easter 2002

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
British Juggling convention 200229th March - April 1st Whitstable in Kentdetails at www.bjc2002.co.uk (which I admit doesn't make it look great for Poiers, but I assure you its a real good un)24 hour play halls, lots of smokingcosts something like 60 quid inc camping.+ a huge enormous pyro show on the beachTheres a lot of people at least 30) from the london poi staff and contact scene going, and it would be groovy to finally meet up with some of you dudes from other bits of the country. nik, cutie poi girl, vain ego PK, cantus??Hope to see you there.DrewFeel free to post a reply to this if youre coming, to save me bumping it, and to convince other people that its bloody good. [This message has been edited by glass (edited 22 March 2002).]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Whitstable, a truly amazing place I hear. Where? I hear you scream. God knows, I reply winkNot sure what I'm doing this Easter weekend, plans clashing again. But I shall be there!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
being the tight-arsed bar-steward of a student that I am, £60 seems alot seeing that Glasto is £100....Still. I might win the lottery.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
just checked the site and under "Current Workshops" there is no Poi or Staff.If they can do breakdancing I'm sure we'd fit in if someone wanted to teach.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Damn.....now aint that just a bitch...... frown(that falls right on the weekend that i am taking of work to goto to london to meet some friends that are coming over for a birthday bash from america....damn wish i could goto the convention!I am sure maybe some spinners from up north would make it, i hazard a guess the the teapots club will be there.goes to bed that mr kato made me all stoned and tired..learning some poi.Right later..PS check HOP tommorrow night i am going to put up a link to a video of kato "learning poi" haha this is a "cracking" shot smile)PK

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Count me in on that one smileLooks like the next year is going to be event after event. Roll on the good times.LX

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Ah Bam Bam, you post before me!(And yet again, we are in agreement.)Okay, I would just like to ask if there is anyone London-based who might be thinking about driving a car down there?And what are the chances of a lift?Otherwise, maybe we should think about hiring a people mover and a designated driver? Ideas anyone??C

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
hmmmm.. sounds cool!I'm with Carrey on the lift / transport thing!I've been such a busy bee these days haven't even got down to the london meet for a very long time. shockednaughty indeed.anyway.. im keen to find out more...*cealaigh*

stay smilin

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Being a non-camping sort of person, I have been in contact with one of the organisers of the BJC and they still have a four dorm and six dorm room available.I've booked for 2, but does anyone else want a bed?Venue:St Vincents CentreApprox time from site:15min walkCost in £ Sterling:£10 per person per nightLet me know today or tomorrow by email at:carrey@anytimenow.comCheers!C wink

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
boingTheres going to be a bloody good crowd of poi and staff people this year.Only a few weeks to go.glass

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is this the event that Mr Orange was raving about the other evening @ Probe I wonder?I don't have any money or transport - although i can get some money if anyone has any suggestions about the other matter.I can't imagine why you'd want to meet me though Glass. I'm not that exciting in the flesh.------------------C@ntusDon't argue amongst yourselves because of the loss of me,I haven't gone anywhere,but out of my bodyReach out and you touch me,Make effort to speak to me,Call out and you hear me,Be happy for me....

Meh

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
the 1 is the er 1 and the erm same thingclear enough ? glass ?i mentioned it to john with the minibus - i`m gonna see hippy on fri for his birthday meal - so i`ll know more then...i`ve lost my old system with lots of contacts - so if i`ve not written anyone in a while - it`s because i`ve not got your addresses... so please get back in touch smilein the hope that i may be allowed to sprinkle more orange thru` the universe(hey that man`s sprinkling again!!!)are we all gonna bring a bit of a costume too ? - so we can meet at a set time - all themed? - it`d be good for our multi-tiered twirling energies -you know it makes orange sense smile------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Tentative plans, but it looks like I am gonna be there.TEMPEST

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,Id love to come but having 60 squids spare at easter just aint gonna happen. Have fun y'all smileLove#'N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
ahh Nixmagic some money out of thin air and come and play with us.I've got a new staff move for ya...Glass

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
frownI just realized that I'm going to france that weekend! frown frown

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
hmmm ... sad not to join you guys for the convention, but soon enough to be visiting london for a fun week end smileSBowl... hey, there are worse things than France wink drop me an email if you are in Paris and want to spin smileshine onCass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I want to go. Need transport though....

Meh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
If one of you meetsa little sparkly shiny red-haired kiwi firedancer called KAt at this convention, please tell her that her buddy Danae (aka cassandra) from Paris loves her smilethank you, really smileShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Ping, bounce, boing, thwack, bump.less than 2 weeks to go. yeppieDurbs there will be lots of poi, staff and contact workshops at all levels from beginners to b*)*x thats a tad tricky.But its the skill sharing where you really get good tricks not the workshops cantus I could lend you my BMX. would that help?Drew

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Howdy Ya'll smileI'm new here, but I believe I already know a few of you....Iz anyone here in the know of some Jugglin' events Londonside? I'd SOO love to cum to Kent, but (classic excuse) due to lack of funds, I'm gonna miss all the fun frown Nice to be here anywayz... 'Howdy' - out to Bam Bam - and Glass, all I have to say to you, iz - DAAAAAAAAAARK!!!C U Tues...DFQ xx

Az abouve, So below...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
OK Glass. You cycle up here with it and lend it to me.

Meh

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i`m on their boards as teaching 2 poi classes1`st - on the fri early evening and2`nd - on the sat dinnertimeindoor i believe...for both...the 1`st is for beginnners - but the more of course the better smile 6pm?the 2`nd is for intermediate to advanced which will be more for us getting together for a twirl - which will happen lots i hope-if you are still awake at 12noon that is smileif poeple have begginers poi that can be pool`ed for resources - to help out - it`d be appreciatedalso is the h.o.p. firekit circling the globe - accounted for that weekend yet?- i met the guy with it thru fairyhelen but i lost all contacts...so lets get it there somehowall help towards will be have huge 'worth'boat n`6 are you in trouble?glass - found the thread smile-seems i`ve been here before too smileeepscantus - i`ll see you @ pop4 - we`ll talk transportationalitiousnessly about logistics for fire passagesee you in a week all smile) woowooooooooooo------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

mischivixmember
15 posts

Posted:
So who is going by train from London Thurday after work??FYI It takes 1.41 min and is £12.15 return witha young persons rail card, £18.40 without.London Victoria - Whitstable 28.03.02 17:53 19:14 1:21 18:13 19:40 1:27 18:35 19:53 1:18 19:05 20:27 1:22 19:35 20:55 1:20 20:05 21:23 1:18 Now I work in Victoria so it's easy for me!So for those going by train we could agree a time and desend on Whitstable on mass? smile HazeX

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ahh roll on the weekend because I'm having the week from hell!!!LxSee you all soon[This message has been edited by BamBam (edited 26 March 2002).]

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Greetings alll smileMr Orange, I like the sound of your classes, got an adress????????Love and Da(AAAAAA)rkness,DFQ xxx

Az abouve, So below...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
heey Daaaark.I think mr orange would look very nice in a dress?!?! Roll on the weekend.Anyone want a hardcore core advanced poi or staff workshop/ trickswop. or can we rely on general meeting up and skill sharing n stuff??I thinks we should sort out travelling tonight. Haze's train plan sounds groovy.I'm soo excited I could pee my pantsGlass

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, I've left this too late to sort out. No room at the inn. Hmmmm.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Dom are you not attending?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys, Dawny and I are not going to get there. I thought that it was all sorted but there is a couple of small complications like my bro's birthday and my cousins marriage. See you guys in London next tuesday with PK. grin grin grinLiam

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
ok Haze im on that train with you and the gang, is there one earlier than 5.50 we could catch??hiya fizz, (I don't know your login, so say hi if you're around), its this thread with the details of BJC, but i guess if youve read this far you know that already.2 days 2 days **junps up and down**Drew[This message has been edited by glass (edited 27 March 2002).]

Page: