Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Me, me, me!!!! And Ros is coming too!!!!

Non-Https Image Link

Gordie and Chris are on at 4.30am. I haven't seen OS1 since....ooh since they split up and Simeon went off to better himself.

It's gonna be real good methinks. I'm planning to do more than my usual serene sitting too

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Noona, C@antus, we'll be there!

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
By the way I would like to ask how to get on my hands on sparkling poi's.....Is it some kind of firework thingy that you add at the end of a firepoi?Or some like of coating the wick.....By the way Spirus i got your email and i am really happy to meet all of ya guys.....I will bring my poi's over on sunday and I am going to endcliffe park on friday and saturday if anyone wants to join...I wil try to bring my Jvc boombox that we can spin with banging music.....Anyway thats from me......

<In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the dolphin>>

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sits happily watching my cats OD on catnip spray
so wish i could goto headcharge tomorrow night. arghh if i made it there i would have to got o work saturday monged, then leeds saturday night and london sunday through till monday arghhhh... so wish i could see gordie play.
M&S welcome to our sheffield poi community, if youwish to email me i can point you in the right direction to the sheffield flying teapots circus skills thing run by the university its every monday night during term not many left now.
in answer to your sparkle poi question, you can be stupid and use catherine wheels like i have done, or make some wire cages pack them full of wire wool and a little bit of wick soak them for a few mins in paraffin, the wire wool burns away and with the velocity of the spinning thus makeing sparks, serious health risks involved, so protective clothing, eye wear is a must. If you want to see some in action, i will bring them to the next gathering at the park, but not this weekend.

feels that Tracer is also know as Fergal Sharky from back in the 80's, you know a one hit wonder haha.

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
Thanks a lot guys for being so welcoming....Really looking forward on meeting you all.Anyways as i said I will be in endcliffe park friday,saturday at night around 10 o'clock trying to kill the stress of the exams.....PK heard loads of stuff about you and the thx about the sparkling poi recomendations........It would be great next time you arrange something if you could bring them with you and let me know......

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
By the way.I 've been trying to get my hands on monkey fists as well or meteors but i cannot find anywhere to buy some.....I 've tried them once and the feel great.....If anyone knows how i can get some i would be pleased.I 've tried then once in the flying teapots thingy where a guy called Dave gave them to me to have a go......Keep cooland see ya soon.....

Classic spinning Tune of the moment: <>

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hjey man, monkey fists are meteors, i have some and i purchased them from the home of poi shop on this site, reasonably priced too.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
might be able to make it down the park for a bit before headcharge... got some parrafin to use up

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
I heard something about a fundraising event is endcliffe Park on Sunday.What is this all about ? Is alright if we come for a spin as well......I seriously have to see more people playing to adopt new transition moves as mine are pretty bad.....I know many moves but i cannot connect them smoothly.....Anyway i will be there if something is going on so see ya....... alllll

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey solest, the event is to raise money for new public toilets at the cafe in endcliffe park.
sure every one will welcome you to go and spin with them.

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
That will be erally nice...Just tell me what time and I am there .....

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
Thanks allt he guys yesterday for making me feel so welcome in their company and for spinning almost all day yesterday first in the park and then back to tampton flats.Cool stuff huh?See ya again all of you guys. Keep cool
Mercury&Solace

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Anytime, it was a good day dont you think?

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
So come on guys, whens the next PIP?

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
Yeah .Bring it on.I hope it is soon cause most of us are leaving on the 15 of june......It is going to be so good.I might know how to do the 4 beat weave by then hahahhaha,I am going to actually practice now.......See ya all guys.Thank Spiral for the email.....I will send ya my phone number to have a spin quite soon ok?????

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go, some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same again."

Merury&Solace

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
lemme deal with the aftermath of the weekend guys and i will sort out the next pip,
work with one-love is sort of picking upo right now.
spent my 3rd gig on stilts for the first time ever in a towmy club in maidstone in kent with 2000 pissheads.....what a night.
anyway catch u laters.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Yeah PK how did it go? The next London spin is in clapham on the 16th isnt it?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
::sneaks into the thread , whispers softly "Paris ... Parissssssss" and runs away::

To whom it may concern and whoever feels like coming to Paris

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I know its a bit off topic, but its my birthday on the 14th , is anyone up for helping me celebrate? So far our only plan is headcharge, so if anybody wants to help me celebrate, or has any ideas of something to do, drop me a line

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Spiral, I'll be in Dorset with my young lady. I'll have to see you when I get back. We can go for drinkies or sumfink. If that's ok?

[ 07 June 2002, 05:56: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Hey Birfday-buddy!
It's mine the day before, but I don't think I can be arsed to put my brain through the Headcharge ordeal again.
Trying to think of other ideas..hmmm.....
Theres that Cooked Fish at Unit on Wed 12th, Dave Atomiser, Andy Driver and Dill are playing. Makes a change to have some Techno midweek. Only on till 2 though.

Hopefully it will be beautifully sunny and there will be some free parties on.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
hey hey hey! some midweek techno sounds very guurrd! I've failed the second semester at uni now, so I have no exams, so it means I can abuse myself as much as I like over the week, not that it didn't matter anyway as my exams were the 7th and 8th. Cantus, whenever your in this neck of the woods, we'll defineately go for a decent drinking session

wherever you go, there you are.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I wish when people used my comp for HOP they'd log out when they finnished ! ah well never mind. I just found out all the exams finnish on wednesday too, so there no reason we couldn't come back here if we are still up for loud music after the unit.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
SO a week left 'till the population of sheffield is cut in half or something daft like that? well I hope that we can do PIP before the 15th, as I'm going to be a homeless vagabond for a fortnight, wandering the country, staying with various friends dotted in various counties (wish that read countRies). hmm, 6 months off uni..... serious shit. That means I'll have to get involved in that 'real life' shit. oh well. Still back in july, you know me, I can't resist sheffield. well I acctually think I'll be able to sleep before sunrise, so I'm off to give it a try....

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
what are YOU talking about exams for liam? i don't believe you had any intention of doing either of them in the first place . i know for a fact you won't be at the one that started 30 minutes ago (although i'm not really in a position to criticise you for that). and you didn't even meet us outside the octagon after yesterday's exam to have a drink with ron - i hope you haven't been so concerned with your birthday that you forgot his!!

Actually i don't really know why i'm bothering to write all this as i'll most likely make the walk over to yours soon anyway. so i guess i might as well just stop now.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
and anyway i told you i hadn't logged out when you so rudely threw me off the computer. anyone would think that bloody machine was yours

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
errrrp, I nearly did, and yes I know I missed rons bidet, because I managed to sleep for 14 hours yesterday. But I sent caroline a barrage of text messages, to tell ron sorry I wasn't there, sorry his present hadn't arriveed yet, and I'd arrange to take him out for a drink as soon as I'd eaned some wonga. If she didn't pass the message on...... or maybe the orange website was being crap again. Again, why I'm typing this, and not waiting for u to get here..... BTW, did you see the time stamp on that message?

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Take your domestic arguments elsewhere!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
No, no. Settle it with weapons. Better still take out your greivances on a random neighbour. I would suggest Naked Tim.

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
unfortunately naked tim disappeared up his own arse last tuesday.
i thought i'd never stop laughing!

Page: ......