Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo smokers,

Yup, imma commin imma commin! Josh too! cool as as as cool can be i think.

pray for the sun, practice your pois, l8er gigs'n'boys.
N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
*Happy dance, happy dance*
Only 6 days!!!!!!
*Happy dance, happy dance*
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
da weva is kookin, and we iz gonna get fluffed up at da wikend wiv nix? n dat afro too.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Always bin told that it's grim up Norf.. but lets hope I get prooved wrong... so I won't have to put on my thermals so as not to freeze..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
it is grim up norf, specially if you be looking at tempest's ugly mug all weekend!

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Idea:

anyone local got one of those metal bin type things that you can have a fire in without burning the grass?

would be nice for lighting stuff and for if it's cold.

I mean WHEN it's cold.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
How would I get there from dublin?
How long would a train from liverpool cost?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm taking a well earned rest from all that crazy sheffield stuff at my 'rents house in norfolk. Jeez its flat here. deepsoulsheep - Train from liverpool is the best idea, unfortunately our Irish house mate is in italy so I cant ask him, but you might want to try the midland mainline website, if you book at least three days in advance you get quite a good discount. Is there anybody wanting to crash at mine and aunties on the friday night? just pop us a message or sumfink. Anyway, I think I'm going to put my feet up and get dinner cooked for me for a change.........

[ 28. January 2003, 07:40: Message edited by: Spiral ]

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
C@ntus, I have to say I find you more ouchy than the waxing of hairy bits on a bad day. I was merely hoping for a friendly neighbourhood sound system or something to drop by and do the birthday honours... like John says "you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one...". Apparently in this case I am Sorry for the laughable naiveity (sp?), i'll try harder next time not to provoke the serpents tongue

~watered*down*chalice~

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
you can call national rail enquireies on 08457 484950 open 24/7 gives times dates and prices. its pretty cheep from liverpool, i just got a return to edinburgh for 21 quid for monday.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Flowingchalice - I still haven't forgiven you for asking what a C@ntus is, when you were a newbie.

But in this instance i think you were taking my words a tad too seriously.

And it's Pk with the serpents tongues. The only tongue i have is a monkey's tongue.

Meh

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I think it was a valid question FlowingChalice, when we throw free parties we use generator we rent from the local plant hire. If you do that you could videos with a bed side lamp if you wanted.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Good point but we'll get done by the crimimal justice bill.. unfortunately cops will look out for any excuse to bust a big bunch of hippy types..

Plus I like to listen to nice chilled out tunes when spinnin (Zero & at the mo is my fav) Soooo may I suggest if you would like tunes - you bring a walkmany type thing.. you can still be social - just ave one ear in..

We'll have banging tunes later on back at Spirals and Auntie Mindies...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
we have tuneage for the park, kato just needs donations towards batteries or if any one would like to bring some of the larger kind.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
What kind of battery's does he need, I'm more than happy to pick some up on my way????
I'll be arriving at about 3:30.

:EDIT FOR PS:
PS The weather isn't looking too hot
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

[ 29. January 2003, 03:51: Message edited by: Trippy Hippy ]

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
i do really really want to come....its just ..... (jon looks out of the misty window in amersham, into the far distance, looking thoughtful. He awakens from his trance and says in a hollow voice... "ITS PISSING IT DOWN AT THE MOMENT!!") what if it liberally rains on us?...is there shelter? will there be enuf fodder for the giraffes and turnips? How blue is green?

and apart from that..its true, its true...im lazy...i really should get my arse in gear and find stuff out...times and prices and places and sleeping accomodation et al. ho hum off to the land of drum and bass and pan pipey sweet stuff thingies...and the raspberries...dont forget the raspberries

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
The weather will be fine.
Stop worrying.

With regards to decks that would be fairly silly for a park - like what we'll be in - but you could bring CDs to play in mr Kato's stereo (+ a few quid to buy new batteries).

I wasn't saying we weren't having music. I was just pointing out the practicalities of the venture....

Meh

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
we could always bring tents or unbrellas or polythene to attatch to the trees ???? what time is the cafe open until anyone know???

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Dudes and dudettes! I must admit we have quite a gahering on our hands! I have had several people enquire about arrival plans and location etc...

I am quite willing to meet some people at the bus and train station and then HOP on a bus to arrive at the destination. I will be doing this at around 3-3:30pm and whomever would like to use me as a guide can just pm me and I will be there waiting.

I am only doing one trip though and would like to be in the park by four to being issuing those name tag things...

I would also like to think that some have thought of the fact that it might be wet and mucky and we will be needing things to sit on, put cake on and maybe even to put our belongings on.

Just thought I would raise some issues that popped to mind recently...

Love and huggles,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
But it won't be wet or mucky so that won't be an issue.

Can we have less doomsayers from here on in please?

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
hey, and we've all been spinning in the rain plenty of times....... wel I know me, dizzy, gwai-lo, sy and kato have

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yay can't wait for it. Only...4 days! Wow!
I shall bring some Chocolate! I dont mind spinning in the rain if it comes down to it!

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
.....reading the thread anyone would think rain is lethal, there aren't any soluble spinners out there are there?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i see cassandra didnt rub off on all of us, seems them southeners are a little afraid of the rain.
i figured if i hugged cass enough i would become all french froggy like just like her

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
fuck it aint going to rain... so dont worry about it.

any one need to meet people for directions go to the other thread i just opened and post with your arrival times.

[ 29. January 2003, 11:16: Message edited by: PK [Dust-Punk] ]

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Rain is nice.. it makes things grow!

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
looking at the forcast we could all be spinning in the snow just like the very first pip!!! wrap up warm chaps!

looking forward to seeing you all!!!!!!!!!!11111

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
When I was speaking to UCOF earlier, he seemed very certain that I'd be able to find somewhere to sleep if I turned up too, but I thought I'd be polite and all that and ask anyway.

So, would I be able to find somewhere to crash if I came up?
I'll even bring some batteries in lieu of the bubblewrap I don't have time to get, what size does Kato's music thingamewhatsit need?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'll venture a character reference to any sheffielders - stating that Mr Monkey in Bovril form is decidedly lovely and would brighten any house that takes him in.

Dizzy Bird - the february PiP had driving snow too. It was at the ponderosa (near your house) It got called off after a while cos we couldn't see far or grip anything.

But you (or sy or Liam or anyone) wouldn't know that cos none of you turned up.....

BTW Whitters texted me yesterday to ask if I would like to come to Sheffield this weekend. Apparently it's headcharge on friday the a PiP on the saturday - fancy that!!!!

I'll reply when i've shaken off this sarcasm that's afflicting me at the moment.....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think Kato's sound producing apparatus takes size C batteries (if that makes sense. Chunkyish round ones).

Meh

Page: ......