Page:
xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hello twirlirs, just out of interest is anyone here a grunger or goth.I am a grunger and one of my friends is a goth,and we just love to do poi but not just because of the fire, are any of you like me?F_S[This message has been edited by Fire_Sista (edited 23 August 2001).]

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm a Crustie. But I dont suppose that's any help. I didnt know there were any grungers left. Nay mind . . . wink------------------C@ntus

Meh

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
Im not sure where i fit anymore..im a huge metal girlie.. (black metal etc.)i do listen to goth music.. but dont have the attitude.. to be a full fledge everyday goth.. *lol* id ont have cool clothes either..so i guess im kind of a skid.. *shrugs*i dont know.. im not good at this game..------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

Kiddmember
1 post

Posted:
i'm not really anything 'cept fickle (and new here) but in the dallas area there are planty of goths that i know. i don't think i'm goth by association, but i may be wrong.------------------Kupo!

Kupo!

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I'm somewhere in the middle of being a hippy and a grunge. I used to and still do tie a flannel around my waist when it's cold out. I just signed up for collage today. The rep I was working with took great pride in annocing me to the dean as thier first ever fire twirling student :P. Funny how ppl always notice your blacked hands and ask funny questions.P.S I would have never found the self-esteem or willpower to sign up without the help of everyone here. Thank you all so much.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Im a Superhero from an alien planet. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">"S"------------------[/image]He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
i suppose i'm a firedancing hippie

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'm a flash fire.unique and devastating!! wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Not a punk, or a rude boy, or a raver, or a metal head, or a pop lover, or a skater. I'm what you get when you mix all those together. I was always the weird kid no one understood, I'd always mix what I'd where so you couldn't classify me. I guess I'm a Hybrid. I just like it all and aren't scared to show it. I have two Nsync Cd's and am going to bye the new one soon. My favorite band is Bad Religion and I like most styles of teckno. A little dash of country is cool too. Hey, I'M ME!EricEric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
I think I'm some sort of a grunge / goth / punk hybrid.ÐraevonIncendiumwww.incendium.org

crispyxmember
53 posts

Posted:
I'm a Goth/Rivithead. Many of my shows end up being for noise bands.[This message has been edited by crispyx (edited 23 August 2001).]

How is it ever possible to feel safe and secure in a world in which everyone dies?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Alright as an old punk (who has no idea what to label herself as nowdays) I'll bite grinWhat's a rivithead?adeIf I did have to label myself perhaps I'm a:firedancingoldpunkpaganwithferaltendencies

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
<---- Dangerous Minority grin

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I was grunge once upon a time I suppose about 8 years ago. I was a surf bum before that. Now about the only thing I can identify myself as is a burner (as in Burningman). It ain't goth, it ain't grunge, it ain't hippie, it just is. One day Homo Igneus ('burning man' in Latin) will take the world from Homo Sapiens and a new species will rule the Earth in a much more enlightened way! (please forgive the pun)

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Myst: You say 'Hybrid'I like this word and I just realize that it's what I am wink As a raver (HardTek and HardKor), Bodyboarder, Geek and Metal head Fire Twirler I was a little confused when trying to define my personnal style... Hybrid is my style, thanks Myst grinAnd yeah I was a Pearl Jam fan a few years ago... so I'm more a grunger than a Goth but I like to listen some Goth and Black Metal sometimes, it's very good especially on scene.

o]-[DasK]-[o

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
well i'm happy to know i'm not the only one. Yet i haven't seen anyone say they are just a grunger, i listen to all sorts of metal and punk etc. but i only dress in grunge.If you are a goth, like my friend Joe, it looks really good if you've got the black body and face paint on. Trust me i'v seen it.I think that goths, metal heads etc. would do slightly better at poi or staff because they push themselves to the limit, we really don't care (all that much) if we burn ourselves, it's what we do. However i could be wrong.F_S

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
hiya fire_sista,i'm a part time goth, part time juggler so my wardrobe is part black part strange multicolours...anyway, you're in reading - do you ever come to any goth or rock things in oxford? i am thinking about taking my glow-poi to the gothnight in october. *waves*dott.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i am also a sexy bitch!------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
I was a big nirvana fan back in school. I like pearl jam and foo-fighters too. Really into incubus and papa roach. Jeff buckley rules too.......Also love trance and house music. dont like to be labelled kinda wear anything I want beaker

C'mon baby light my fire

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
Hey poiplei was kinda wondering- how do you recognize a grunger on the street?What is the stereotype or whatever?I was just wondering ya know...okthanx bunchespeace,love and poiNoa

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey Dott, I only go to one rave, I know just about everyone there, but i don't do fire there yet, I've only used UV.Would you have any info' on the gothnight you could share with me.Peace out.F_S

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Yeah fire_sista good call on the grunge ppl it's definty what we do I don't know another grunge person who wouldn't set fire to his hands if a bottle of zippo fuild is presant. Hell I've even seen some lift thier legs in the air and light thier farts grinAcid, A typical grunger will have long hair normally near the edge of forming dredds, a flannal around the waist is also a dead give away. The more holes in the flannel the better, I had one that was run though the chain on my bike acouple of times. If anyone matching this desciption comes askin you for some pot without even first knowing your name, then you know you've found one. Present the bottle of zippo fliud and wait for a show. After writing that I'm glad I'm a Hippy first :P1>The Doors2>Green Day3>OrbitalYEAHHHH DOORS!!The killer awoke befor dawn, he strapped his poi on. And then he....------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Not caring whether you burn yourself or not is stupid, respecting the fire is the way to go. I don't mind getting burned but I don't think that makes me a slightly better spinner. In actuallity I think it handycaps you, If you don't respect it you can really hurt yourself and trust me, I don't care if you're punk goth raver skater grunger junglist, you're going to care. When you light yourself on fire and you're in the hospital, you're missing valuable spin practice that you just can't make up for. Everybody on here pushes themselves to the limit, you don't have to be goth or grunge or anything to push yourself hard. Now fire_sista, I love you babe and I don't want you taking this the wrong way so before you respond, just remember, JESUS LOVES YOU!!!Eric

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Nice one Myst! i'm pleased to note that your posts have developed a level of growth and maturity since you joined the board. smileyeah - everyone looks like shit in a hospital gown. no flanno or black mesh options there sorry.I wasn't going to bite at fire sistas comment, but I really do think it absurd to define talent/commitment/level of obsession based on what sub-cultural phase you're going through at the moment.from the mouths of babes.------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Flash fire, you always try to sweet talk me, but baby, I told you, I'm cassandra's now. Maybe we can have our good bye kiss, but nothing more. Hey, My baby mouth has pleased you so far. I'd put happy faces in and stuff to let you know I'm joking but I really don't care to find out how. So if you hear it from me and it's so far fetched it's corny, I'm only joking babe.EricYou always could understand my humor though.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Ooo didn't even see that one comming. Hook line and sinker then thrown in the cooler and covered with ice.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
no - I'm still flapping about on the starboard bow. no cooler for me.. I will survive! grinand Myst - I was being totally sincere! [This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 24 August 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
hey,i'm a goth/hardcore metal fan and i wear all black and love fire and music and everyone thinks i'm a goth so i guess i am.catch ya:Chotys:

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
That was nice of you to say flash. I've always thought you were cool so I don't think I've said anything stupid directed at you. I know I used to be really niaeve, Then I spun fire and now I understand the difference and understand that no ones being cocky when they say, "ohh, you just have to spin it to understand". It's totally true. I'm not the little bitch glowsticker I used to be. I'm sure I have many arguments over nothing to pursue but I'll try to keep it under control.Eric Eric

pixygothmember
14 posts

Posted:
Er... Dott? Could your name be related to the infamous (in my town anyway...)*Daughter of Twilight*????If not, fair enough, but as a goth, you'd prob. like it... *live-action* vampire roleplaying.p_g x

Shonagh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'tralala, said the happy little pixygoth'

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
wahey!pixiegoth - no, not vampires - ever seen the cartoon animaniacs? there's a dot on there wink (oh, did you see dracula on buffy last night? droooool...) *grin*fire_sista - goth nights in oxford are the second tuesday of each month, at the cellar bar, which is down a little alleyway off cornmarket (the pedestrianised shopping street). i'll be going to the one in october as i'm away for sept (oct 9th) so let me know if you fancy doing some spinning there! smile*waves*dott.

Page: