Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > ?-Hard House Clubs in Yorkshire District-?

Login/Join to Participate

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
just wondering if anyone knows of any good hard house clubs in the yorkshire district...we know of a couple but were wondering where else there might be...we know of ones in leeds put it that way...so any1s anywhere else would be appretiated...many thank yous...goafire

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Sheffield Hard house:Insomniacz @ wherever they are having it these days (moves every week it seems) on a sunday morning 4am to 2pmexilaration @ NCPM I think its fridays but it might be saturdaysHeadcharge @ the arches (not really hard house but it is hard and probably the best night in Sheffield) - last friday of every month.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
yeah were(my girlfriend and i) are planng to go to headcharge acid fucking techno....mmmmm...sorry shouldnt swear but its just sooooooooooooo good...hehe...neways...byeeeee thanks for ur input...goafire

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think Insoniacz would be your best bet for Hard House in Sheffield. https://www.insomniacz.com/
------------------C@ntusDance beneath the stars, we sound system, we the collective, with a open heart, we the solution - should be respected!

Meh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Can we take staffs and poi toys to insomniacz?------------------TEMPEST

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I dont know. The bouncers are complete twats at NCPM and surrounding venues.Why would you want to go to Insomniacs anyway?Come to headcharge. Dont bring fire tho. The insurance doesn't cover it.

Meh

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
I know the last reply to this was a while ago.. so I hope someone sees it... but I have successfully swung at Insomniacz. Theres hardly any UV there so glowsticks are the best bet. The bouncers there are a little suspect (alledgedly) but will leave you alone if they think they cant make anything out of you (if you know what I mean..??)Keep it real...------------------Kato

Kato

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yes but does it help if you're large, muscular and a former bouncer yourself?

Meh

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Former 'doorman'... I try and dis-associate myself from my former life.. if you know what I mean.. Large and muscular I wish.. hahahaI find the Crasher crowd realy do appreciate a spinner though.. probably cuz they're stuck with that crazy hip wiggling stuff..??------------------Kato

Kato

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Doorperson then. And you'd have sulked if i'd said short grin

Meh

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Short in height, tall in stature... and besides, short people's hips girate more quickly giving greater pleasure to...... ooops.. my boss is coming..!!------------------Kato

Kato

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Boss has gone now...Didnt I read somewhere that you shouldn't stray too far from the topic...?? Thought the conversation was originally about hard house, the NCPM and bouncers..??Personally, I like hard house; especially the really bouncy stuff.. Has anyone ever tried swinging to drum and bass..?? I find it makes me swing totally different..

Kato

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
YEAH MAN, drum and bass really gets me moving, Not the fast stuff - that just seems to be daft. I adore the stuff that is low doen and dirty - you know the stuff that makes your balls vibrate but you can groove with it on four of five levels. Usually I forget about everything untill I get a really dry throat and collapse in a poi heap.If you vaguely like drum and bass - try spinning to some old Baby D! Bit cheesy in places but F!*k it's good.Groooooooooovvve on

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I spin to Aphrodite and Mickey Finn sometimes. Makes a nice change from Lab4 and OS1.

Meh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Gis-a-go-on-yer-tunes-Cantus.er, please.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'll see what I've got at the momonet and maybe burn you a CD. Ok?

Meh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
That is very decent of you Cantus, I tend to lean towards progressive stuff that is bassline orientated but I always like to hear what others enjoy spinning to. Just a shame that I can't spin and play guitar at the same time.One time I tried spinning using those little shaker type percussion egg things in my hand - it was great for playing around with rythems and made a shuffley noise.Anyone tried anything similar?

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
I thought of trying some kind of poi with whistles or suchlike on them..?? something that creates a noise or note/pitch that you can control depending on the viggorousness (?) of your swing..??Tweet tweet?------------------Kato

Kato

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
did a stage set with my mate arabaar doing the drums to a live drum'n'bass night -in nottingham - 1 drummer - 1 ...yep you guessed....was amazing smile if not my favenever could get that hip thing goingand i`ve very manouvreabled hippo`s let me tell you... a story of times of yore...THE END------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
'Kato - There are these things called Whirlies in the shop which could be what you're after...What's Cantus up to? He hasn't been "on the boards" for a while...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that Durbs.. I shall make enquiries..As for Mr.Cantus.. he's floating around out there somewhere in the ether. (He certainly made an appearance over the weekend)O' CANTUS !!!! WHERE 4 ART THOU O' CANTUS !!!------------------Kato

Kato