NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm finally over my cold, and I've finally got some free time this weekend and ONLY this weekend. I haven't spun in what seems like months! Alas, my usual fire crew is out of town...Does ANYONE want to spin ANYTHING ANYWHERE ANYTIME this three day weekend in NYC?I realize that this is a bit pathetisad to post with such despiration but I know I'm booked up for the rest of October and if I don't spin for two months then I'm just an old washed up wanna-be ex-poi spinner. Rather than just an old poi spinner... winkPimping myself for free,NYC

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
lol..dude im out this weekend..what a bummer huh?? well im sure sum other dudes from NY will spin with u...well cya...

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499347)

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
:>/ man i really wish i could get out there. Once again i miss out on spinning with you.Stupid work.PS I'm still looking for some staten island spinners

We are defined by the choices we make

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
yeah...where r the rest of the NYC spinners...i know there r more out there

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
fri looks alright for me i've got work till 5-6-7pm then i promised my ma i'd do a chore for her then i could come but you have to show me yours first wink

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
What about Monday? There's gotta be some poor slobs stuck in the city with a day off from work/school. Name a time/place, and I'm there. Also, what is this NYC poi listserv? How can I join?

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Dang yo. Do ya'll have some kind of book of excuses or do you just improvise? wink I guess I'll just have to hang with my "real" freinds and spin by myself...Alleykat, you emailed me quite enigmatically about spinning Saturday. I emailed you back with my phone # so give me a call.Maybe I'll try again to meet the rest of you knuckleheads in November... smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
mine was not an excuse but really a about time i would be done with shit to get the shit started. anyhow tomarrow looks promising. i was so excited to have someone to play with. the human race startles me

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

Cootsmember
5 posts

Posted:
Yo...Spin!!!!!I was planning on spinning saturday night in Union sq. at 9ish.....come join, make lovely fire....Coots

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
SATURDAY NIGHT AT 9! DONE and DONE! See you at Union Square. I'll wear a small american flag pin or ribbon so you know who I am. (kidding, I'll just be sitting with my orange Zuni or firepoi by the statue of the guy on the horse...)PS CBS, you've got mail. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Just looking at the weather, it looks a bit rainy on Saturday. Not enough to scare me away BUT I thought we should have a secondary meeting place just incase the sky opens at 8:55 for a few minutes. How about the Virgin Megastore? How to find me there: My black bag has a "keep back 200 feet" patch on it and I've been wearing an FDNY hat for the past three months when I twirl. I wore it over the summer as a joke (ha, ha, guy twirling fire in a fire fighter hat) since then it has taken on quite a different meaning. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I was just taking one last look at the forecast (and checking the radar pictures myself as I never believe those weatherguys with nice hair.) It looks like the WORST it will be is drizzles on and off so GAME ON! There may be a little rain that just passed over Pele, heading our way, but not enough to make me duck for cover.See, Malcolm, this is one of those perfect times where I could use a hat with the HOP logo on it. Then us perfect internet strangers could find eachother. wink [C'mon, keychains, hats, sweatshirts, with JUST the logo... then we branch out into sports bottles, sneakers, watches, towels, sports drinks, snack bars, hook up with McDonalds, HOP Happy meal, ... franchise baby, franchise, I can see it...]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Staten Island Spinner right here dog.....Glad to spin anytime.. Besides im dying to learn some new moves.djmastakilla@aol.com

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Fun was had by all. Yes, we got broken up by the cops after a few hours. I guess Union Square is off limits from now on. Guess I'll have to spin at one of the other thousands of NYC little parks now.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Yep NYC, it was a lot of fun. My first public street performance ever. I can't believe we got money too! (Thanks Coots).Now i just need to see if i can do the same thing in Boston. Were the cops nice when they broke you up?Nomad

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Totally nice. The spoke mainly with Coots (who they seemed to know) I guess they had nixed it before. I think if you backpedal fast enough and apologize you can get away with anything. And don't do the same thing twice!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]