Page:
Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
At risk of sounding like a total fool AGAIN, or some kind of arrogant prick, i would like to
Genuinely discuss BTH (behind the head) and BTB (behind the back) BTL (between the legs) and UTA (under the arm btb) HYPERLOOPS a.k.a AIR WRAPS.

How can i say this nicly : hmmm I can do both bth and btb hyperloops. Although im no MASTER.

What variations can you do? Id like to hear mainly the different variations and angles, from wraps, from weaves from b-flys etc. And what move you like to do that btb hyperloop into.

I like the reverse weave btb inside hyp, its 1 of my fav'z. But i have another variation when u do btb rev weave and pull 1 hand bth while the other stays btb and then hyperloop. Do you have a name for that 1? What do u do after that? I like to try and pull a inside hyp straight after.

So yea, please feel free to speak your mind on this topic and maybee we can combine all our efforts to reach a common goal of finding more moves and proper common names for them all.

Even if all u say is "your bull$h!@, that move is impossible!"

[ 13. April 2003, 16:48: Message edited by: Raging Dragon ]

Its all just smoke and mirrors

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
check this one, it's real fun... a two beat maxi plus(hyperloop) starting btb between the shouder blades, hyperloop starts btb, crossing over the shoulder to the front, and front for last two beats.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
R U sure thats not bth, how can u get your hands in front of you if your poi are looping?!? or it that 1 hand bth and 1 btb???

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
im going to sound even dummer still...what is a hyperloop/airwrap?

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
MIcky D, if you do a search for it, there have been a few good explanations. good luck, it's hard to describe this stuff in type...

yeah dragon, that's what i meant, one hand is bth, other btb, but you wrap btwn the shoulder blades. as you cross over the top of your shoulders the chains are tangled. just another move tho.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
HOSH. I totallly understand that move, i think it may be simila to the 1 i wrote above, but the OVER THE HEAD!?! OMFG! I think ill give that 1 a good shot tonight, man talk about ear bashers.

Ill try give a simple explantion of 1 im doing bth. Start doing a standard btb rev weave (4bt) i think. It should'nt matter as long as u stay btb. Then as u hit the transition right side, pull your right hand out of the weave and over your head into bth, you other hand should stay btb, and keep rotating.

Then bring down your right hand like windmill bth, as the left hand is going up btb. Try to make them clash, almost under your right arm, then i turn like turning btb. and flip them over like you would normally do a in front on hyperloop.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Holy mother of baby jesus in a half pipe!

You guys are ruuuuuuude boys, can you actually stand up and not look like your trying to get a wasp outta your troosers while you attempt these?

Good luck guys, can't wait to see the next CoL.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
"ear basher" nothin, the forward will break your nose if you don't watch it! might even "Send your nose cartilage into your brain" like only ninjas in the 70's could do. (Santana's the only one that'll get that one, an old fogey joke )

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Not the open palm!!!

I see, it goes ROUND your sholder into the front. And your hands get twisted up. Is that right?

Im disapointed noone else has posted, the only thing i can think is "They r saving it 4 col4".
I must have let the cat out of ... ... .

I personally would not send either of these in 4 col4. It would be better to do like a educational dig vid or somthin simila. (SANTANA!!!)

Common someone, share some insight with us PLEASE.

Ninja's pwwwwww Kamehameha:

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I never realy believed that whole "cartlidge into the brain" stuff I think it is more likely that the cartlidge would just shatter and you would get knocked the F*** out.

I did a hyperloop from a btb reverse weave last night....It was messy and floppy, but it worked...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah it was an urban myth. but when i was a kid and we were all idolizing chinese ninjas (the way the japanese now idolize cowboyz) we all used to think they could do that, it was even in all the movies! "don't mess with my paused super mario game while i go to the fridge or i'll puncture your brain, dooofwad!"

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
øy øy øy øy.......
you boy's should get a job,save some money,buy a camcorder, film your stunts (not moves ......stunts).....and post them so I can
Witness your madness.......

Peace

I like Fire.. :)

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
My dreams r shattered, i had 2 sensei teach me that open plam. I totally belived it to.

Back to btb loops, can u give a better description plz Arashi. Im having trouble as iv hit 3 possible variations and am not sure wtf im doing.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah, me too, i was like, frick, now i can't be in the special ninja nose palming squad. my lifelong dream!
man, just wait til later this week and come over to "my house" and i'll draw some stick figures. stuff is too hard to describe in words. really i thought my explanations were good but frick oh well. but no your habds should stay apart, as if you are holding a staff the whole time, behind your body and bringing it around your side. start rt hand bth, left hand stays right at your side. tangle btwn the blades, right hand comes around left ear, tangle comes over the shoulder muscle, left hand just follows to the front, dependiong on how long your chains are, left hand should just keep it all tight.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I thought ninjas were japanese, and the chinese idolize cowboys....

Actuall... ....I DID used to belive in the catldge into the brain stuff...and you NEVER know...

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Ninja'z are Japanese, but the Chinese had their own style Assassins. Should change this to the Ninja thread.

I think its eaiser to explain the open plam than a btb loop. I have a Q : has to do with all hyperloops.

A hyperloop has 3 sections (right?)
the clash, and wrap of string.
The flip, or x so they turn the other direction.
And the un-wrap.

But what is it if u miss the second section. The poi hit strings, wind up and then un wind. I think it requires a turn ?!?!? maybee? anyway is this what they call an air wrap. Or is an airwrap the same as a loop and this is somthin different?
Cause i have this happen all the time, it could be what Santana is doing in the "hyperloop" vid,last 2 moves, corkscrew. Sort of, off topic but not if its btb.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
uhh, i dunno but i thought a "maxi plus" or "hyperloop" was with the even beat buzzsaw X in the middle, and an airwrap was without the "buzzsaw" but i dunno i am stuck translating words.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i thought a maxi plus was a sanatry towel

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
This was posted in bhawks 'Starting up poi again' thread, the first video on the list contains a behind the back hyperloop (or airwrap, you've all got me confused now). Will edit to post the time when I view it again. Time: 1:07 Also, of couse, some nice wrappage.

https://www.easily-amused.org/video/chicagoGS/

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
DUDE, Maxi + is a "sanatry towel" lmao! I think thats the point, mind u i like "tosted nose puppy" better.

Thanks Nick, i hav'nt seen it yet, but @ 56k in about 20 min. I had'nt even thought of glow stix, i usually pratice with fire.

Im starting to get a better idea of that bth/ btb hyperloop Arashi. I still cant do it but the idea is there. Mainly iv been working on turning btb loops, and forward outside loops.

Man i love hyperloops.

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Those vids are PHAT. Those guys look like they are having fun, and they dont even need fire to do it. Yea boy.

Cant really tell if that guy really is doing a hyperloop or wraps. Sort of looks like 1 im doing but minus the turn. I have 1other simila that goes under your arm from btb rev weave.

1 day we will have clear video where u can analize the moves in depth.

[ 21. April 2003, 21:44: Message edited by: Raging Dragon ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
maybe on col4!?!?!

i think it is just the air wrap I do on the hyperloops tutorial video, last two move, except his is btb

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
from a standard 2-beat windmill, start the hyperloop behind your head. Instead of brining it back infront of you to un-wrap, turn 180 keeping the poi behind you. They will then unwrap bth.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Yea, it is Santana. It looks cool though, do u even know what U r doing with that move, cause i dont. Im sure u r both missing the "flip" through. Phat move though.

Thats the 1 Jaeden is describing i think. Im trying to get it, it looks eaiser than some of mine, but the blow to the back of the head takes it toll.

[ 26. April 2003, 17:32: Message edited by: Raging Dragon ]

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
OK i finally understand some more about loops and air wraps and although this thread is pointless (cause hardly n e 1 replyed) ill add what i currently understand.

The maxi + is a tangled buzzsaw a.k.a inside hyp weave... which is not what im doing. The main btb loops im getting right now are "bounces" and air wraps. I finally got the over the head 1 "thanks Arashi" and afew different variations.

Basic starters : do a 3bt wind mill but make the strings clash,front wall plane, as in a standard airwrap, on the 3rd beat, now pull it bth and let it air wrap bth. A.k.a Flaming halo

Now from the flaming halo, u can go straight into another air wrap bth, (Haming flalo?) ubblol OK as the hands seperate bth go into another 3bt windmill, bth wall plane, and on the 3rd beat let the strings clash again and while rotating bth pull into front wall plane ( as u would a nornal 4-5bt windmill) and let em un loop. simple.

Btb Bounces: or standard bounces are when the poi strings/ chains clash and u turn you body 180 degree's ( or maybee just 90) and the string never rotates but the poi chains bounce apart. Nice effect, and confuses the hell outta any decent spinners biggrin That has already been post above.

Now the btb tangled buzzsaw im still working on, although id say to everyone to have a good look at the glowstring videos cause they have some nice loops and even afew btl (between the legs) airwraps that work good. weavesmiley

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I'm confused here..

are these just hyperloops in other places with funny names?

or are you airwrapping in some of these moves?

I don' tknow which to help you with, because I'm confused as to what your trying say...

Hyperloops are the same in all the places, front, over head (windmill like ^\/) , btb, bth(weave like<->), BTL... well BTL is a bit rough..UTL Isnt as bad..

now the airwraps.. ugh... mine arent really clean/reliable in mostl of those places..
but I never really played with airwraps much..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Quote:

are these just hyperloops in other places with funny names?

or are you airwrapping in some of these moves?

OK you dont need to, but it helps to be able to do 5bt windmills/ weaves 1st, u also need to be able (pretty simple) to do Air wrap weaves , ie u do a weave, usually 5bt can be eaiser 4bt, and when your halfway through it , 3bts u tangle the chains ok? Then while they are tangled and rotating, you cross the poi on to the other side of your body like a normal weave, and thats when the poi reverse direction and start un-tangling and you can go back into weave. Easy as a weave.

The reason hyperloops confuse people is cause they are "tangled buzzsaw", a.k.a "inside hyperloop weave" or whateva but they are much harder than ya average weave airwrap.

Dam... Average weave air wrap: do a weave on your right side, tangle chains, continue weave motion and cross the poi onto left side of body and let them un tangle till your doing circles or go back into weave. I just said that but i said it again cause i dont know if its understandable in beerchug language. And its also slightly different to a normall air wrap cause u may or may not have to move your hands anywhere with 1 of those. umm

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo.

just foraging into btb, but this thread is very cool. bluecat should really be here, and blackass has some nice stuff, but i just tell you about some bits and peices.

we do a lot of the btb stuff in waistrap, but i really like to know more about btb inside weave, thant sounds like fun. Im still at the stage of boncing from forwards to backwards, rather than the other way, and im a bit confused about getting a flaming halo to stay behind my head. any tips?

bouncing. sounds real intrestiong, I think i might have an idea about how it wours, your untangling the string under the heads, rather than untangling at the heads. anywhere near?

Turning, as recently and beutifully demonstrated to me by bluecat the other day, there are two turns, either you transition the hyperloop with the turn, or you isloate the hyperloop and turn underneith it. This is the basis for robs airwrap pirrottes, and i bet they would work well btb too. smile

keep it comming, but maybe spoken a little slower, this stuff is mindblowing, but beutifull. beerchug

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Quote:

The reason hyperloops confuse people is cause they are "tangled buzzsaw", a.k.a "inside hyperloop weave" or whateva but they are much harder than ya average weave airwrap.

see that's your confusion right there

here.. let me lay this out for ya parnder.. I'm about to write tangle theory for the boards as well to clear up some of the confusion..

airwrap- the string hits, tanlges, and UNTANGLES in the same plane... I.e. a wall, ceiling, floor, or side plane... airwraps can be extended so that they spin longer in that same plane..

hyperloop- The string hits and tangles in one plane, and travles to another pre-untangling. This involves freezing the tangle in some way. The most basic hyperloop involves a weave on the right(side plane), tangle, take to the left (side plane) untangle... basically what you called an airwrap weave is a hyperloop..not an airwrap weave.. you can extend the life ofa hyperloop by freezing the tangle... this can be done with an isolation, by letting the strings tangle longer before moving planes, by moving on an odd beat (like doing one beat with one poiinstead of both on a given side), etc..

tangled buzzsaw - AIRWRAP...a tanlged buzzsaw is a buzzsaw trhat tanlges inside the buzzsaw and untanlges inside the buzzsaw... its an aiwrap because it doesnt change planes.. there are several ways to accomplish this.. the easiest is from the buzzsaw itself...

Hyperlooping buzzsaw- HYPERLOOP.. obviously.. this is also known as the outside-inside-outside hyperloop... It tanlges on the outside (say the right side plane) and passes through the buzzsawand the out the left side, where it will then untangle...

now.. this is how it works.. EVERYWHERE.. no ifs, ands, or buts.. If I had a cam I would do one corsckrewed, windmillled, BTL, UTL, and BTH to show you...

the reason people get confused it they don't understand the theory behind the tanlges.. I'll give ya the short and sweet version (the longer more in depth version will come in the post on tangle theory)
basically take any airwrap and you can make it into a hyperloop.. ANY airwap.. even the ones that go inside wall plane to outside wall plane.. the trick is to freeze the tanlge.. to understand freezing the tanlge.. you need to do a tanlged buzzsaw.. and let it spin.. as an airwrap it keeps in this perpetual tanlge/untanlge motion so that neither ever gets accomplished.. that's the premise behind extending and airwap.. you can get the same effect from a regular wallplane airwrap.. I'll explain that in the theory thread.. but basically that's the same thing that an Isolation does to a tangle.. and so freezing the tanlge like this allows you tobring the airwrap to other planes before untangling.. another way is to change the tanlge itself.. for instance, instead of doing 2 bts on the right side tanlged, do 3.. when you bring it to the other side, you should be able to turn a 180 before it untanlges..

Anyway.. this is why I'm confused as to what you are wanting/getting at in your post.. airwraps are different from hyperloops for very precise technical reasons.. if we begin to call every tanlge a hyperloop, then we will get EVERYONE confused...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
spank

Edited for abusive laguage and lack of dancing monkeys & lama's.
EDITED_BY: Taniwha07 (1076644669)

Page: