Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > what kind of handgrip should i use for string?

Login/Join to Participate

lilwaynemember
3 posts

Posted:
hey...im a beginner at glowstick whirlin and i dont have the slightest clue how to hold the string...if u guys can give a beginner some tips...it will be greatly appreciated...thanks

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
The way I learned was to take a full length shoe string (about 54 inches) and wrap the remaining stuff around your fingers until the glowstick reaches your armpit when you hold the string taught.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Mess around with different grips and go with which ever gives you the most control & confort. Get the length right as Kinudin says, then go crazy!!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
grips are personal things, i change my grips from time to time dependant on the toy and what i want to do with it.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
try attaching a glostick to both ends, then you have two handles, sort of like nunchaku, and lots of cool trick options... search on "colorchanging"

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.