Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Weave to butterfly to weave again???

Login/Join to Participate

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
Anyone got any tips on doing this as a seamless move, I was getting somewhere with it a while ago but dropped it as it was taking far too long and remaining far too messy, my time was better spent on adding to my repertoire than getting this one bit. Am happy with my repertoire now though and am gonna nail this, so will someone give me a tip or so before I start taking it out on my knuckles (they cop it big time if I remember rightly.)

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
the way i go from a bf to weave is doing the fwd bf just wrap the right poi on left arm turn 90* to right an dyou will be doing the weave, and you can do this from either dir. and go into fwd or rev weaves or bf have fun!!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
As xtrem said, you can do almost any single poi wrap to go into a BF. Also (and this is harder) you can force a weave into a BF. It's much the same as when you first learn the BF. Spin poi beside you and move them in front. You can also force the BF into a weave. With practice you can do this relatively seemlesly though first beat or two is kinda sloppy (technicaly, not visually).

Also, search. I do believe that this has been covered on a number of different ocations. You may find something of use berried in those lost threads.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
hm that just gave me an idea. do the BF only keep rotating the planes so that sometimes they line up, others they do the "atom". I supose that if you alternated between them it could look like the BF is pulsing.

()
O
()

[ 19 April 2002, 05:50: Message edited by: Jaeden ]

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
cheers then, gonna be trying stuff out today. Sorry I couldnt get back to thankyou sooner but access to net is sporadic at best.

Much appreciated

The Spoonerism

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I actually think it's pretty easy to make a seamless transition between these... just go from the butterly into the beat of the weave where both of your arms are crossed in front of you. I don't remeber how i get out, but with a little practice they flow pretty well....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

nasumember
35 posts

Posted:
I know of two ways to do it,

While doing the... lets say forward weave, 3beat..

when your coming back on your.. lets say from your left..

don't let your left arm move past the middle of your chest, think between your nipple and the middle of your chest, let your right arm swing its normal 3 beat path, now bring your right arm to where your left arm is..
wrist together one slightly forward then the other, or on the bottom, what ever is comfortable to you..

and bounce your wrists, presto butter fly.. The timing on when to bounce your wrists is very crucial its this motion that will line up your butterfly horizontal to your body in front of you.

now..

move the butter fly slowly right so it is going over your right leg, with lose arms, swing them all the way to your left side over your left leg, effectly you should be doing the butterfly in the opposit direction, on the other side.. do this as a single motion back and forth.. I'm not to sure what to call it. it kind of makes a infinity sign in front of you..

now bring this above your head, with a flick of your wrist, go straight into windmill, fountain to a weave, wanna go back to butter fly, stop fountaining back to windmill, slowly pull your hands back to your shoulders bounce back and forth, think shoulders are moving. until you are back into the infinity sign thing.. stop on one side or the other.. well what do you know.. hehehe.. butterfly again..

all the slowlies can be done fast.. with in a rotation, depends on how much you practice it.

At the right speed, fast as you can with out burning your self. It looks very very seemless.

A single well timed wrap can be all you need aswell.

-nasu

_AnA_newbie
17 posts

Posted:
You can do a butterfly and make a stall, say, with your right hand (crossing it over the left one). Then the weave can be done easily...

We'll burn, like a moth to the flame
Burn, as the fire calls us by name...

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Just last night i was trying to learn how to do a butterfly crosser to weave crosser. I know exactly how it works and can do it a bit but its so annoying that when i try and tap one with my foot it refuses to go back the other way

very annoying.

but yes, BF to weave is easiest to wrap one or stall one poi

edit - is there any other way??
EDITED_BY: Geeza (1187861468)