Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Interesting btb weave variation

Login/Join to Participate

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Kind of got this one by accident today when attempting the reverse btb 5-beat weave (didn't get it completely in the end as I got a bit caught up trying this).Start off in the (forward) 5-beat btb weave. When the pois are on my left side, when I wrap my wrists, instead of bringing them back over to my right side behind me, I twist my body 90 degrees to the right and spin in front of me (so the poi are spinning where they would have been had I done the usual move, but they've passed in front of me instead of behind). This can be done on both sides, so essentially you end up with a 5 beat weave travelling 360 degrees around your body without actually having to face a different direction! Useful for performing, perhaps.This could potentially be done without the 90 degree twist if I had rubber arms twice as long as they are now..... winkJ

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
To break it down even more are you saying btb 5-beat >> burning the nose >> btb 5-beat?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Phunky, Mr Pro Spinner sir... what Jephyre is meaning is that the 5-beat weave moves from the left side of his body to the right side of his body across his front while one of his arms (his right) is still wrapped around his back shocked and then comes back to the left and continues.. ie doing a 360 5-beat weave without turing around smile i saw him just after he accomplished this feat of rubbery armed madness, though he has subsequently managed to avoid doing it infront of me..oh, but he does possess ridiculously long, rubbery arms and is of a slender build.. therefore able to tie himself in knots without the use of poi strings as most of us require.Tom

Wikkemember
1 post

Posted:
GreetingsI don't get it! To me a 5 beat btb reverse weave sounds impossible! I can barely do 3 beat weave btb. I can't do a 5 beat weave btb, reverse or not. I'm mostly into juggling and so are my friends so I'm the best twirler I know. I must be quite good then winkThere is not really a point in this. I just wanted to say that I'm impressed!Tomorrow there's a fire thing in Helsinki and maybe I'll see some nice tricksters there.Keep up the good work!NW

I'm more of a juggler but can do some things with poi as well

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I'm going to have to get this one on tape, aren't I? Will have to be with comets though - I'm a long way off getting this consistently enough to even think about trying it with fire (come to think of it, I smacked myself in the back of the head a couple of times this morning just trying the regular btb 5-beat with unlit poi).Tom, you make me sound like a thin Mr Tickle! Rather depressingly, you're the third person to have made that comparison. Anyway, you can hardly talk - I swear someone with a spine shouldn't be able to lean back that far so easily. wink

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
No offence meant..(but its all true) wink

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
No offence taken *thinking of the fun he could have with arms that long and flexible....*