Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > HoW dO yOu GlOwStIcK UsInG yOuR HaNdS?

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey can someone please tell me some moves i could use with glowsticks while theyre in my hands...not on poi? thanks

poiboimember
2 posts

Posted:
it's just a pattern of whatever you want...mainly fiqure 8's and crazy cirles and tosses. just go crazy wif circles..go to www.glowsticking.com if u want advice on how 2 do it.Visit my webpagehttps://www.geocities.com/poi_boizi gots sum pix of normal glowsticking and poi

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
What the name for that, you know to use the glowstick without poi...?isnt it liquid?or that just glowsticking?

Dance like if noone were watching you

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Hey nighty what up. I might be able to shed some light go to www.ixquick.com and look up Liquid popping, and it will bring you to reflective.com and most of the videos are liquid popping but you can incorperate glowsticks into the dance, by holding the glowiesHope this helped if you have any other questions give me an email, Johnnyblaze130@hotmail.comI do alot of liquid poppingpeacematty

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
hey man forget that last post just go to http:human808.tripod.com/link.html

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
Its called raving...a lot of people do it...but its not like poi...its more like feeling the beat and just going nuts...poi...u gotta have sum moves...or else...u cant do anything...or make up your own...etc...

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

ericmember
1 post

Posted:
It is not called raving, but one person was right when they called it liquid. Liquid is a rave/club type of dancing where the focus is making the hands and body look as if they were flowing like liquid. It does take a lot of work to learn certain things with it. I use poi and also do liquid, and I actually find it harder to make liquid look really good. As one person said, work with figure 8s and other circular motions. You will figure stuff out in time(i.e. throwing it under leg/up in air and catching it, hacky sack type tricks, integrating it with poi(my fav.), and just anything that messes with your mind)Good Luck!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
This topic has been discussed a number of times in the past try using the search function. smilePs. the moderators owe me a nickel

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
I do both poi and and glowsticking. I've heard it called several different things, including raving. Glowsticking is sort of getting your entire body into it and lots of movement, both are fun and do take skill to look good.------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Christina aka Str0bemember
19 posts

Posted:
I just had to say how funny that is that people call dancing a certain way "raving." since raving is so trendy now and all..you can do liquid w/out glowsticks and you can glowstick w/out liquid... its all in body form, and i cant say im good at either one really. i know your basic glowsticking moves but arent glowsticks so out of style now? c'mon people get with the new millenium! (a bit of scarcasm there)

EmanSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
its called liquid dancing, and its really easy to do. just lead with your left or right hand, and follow the same exact motion with the other. mainly drawing figure 8's in the air will get you started. it might be hard because you use alot of wrist motion, but after a while you will get the hang of it!

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey any ravers/liquid dancers/poppers in Rochester NY? I am from NYC but i just moved to Rochester Institute of Technology, and I would liek to meet people in Rochester who like to dance...please email me at Scorceror20@hotmail.com

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
learn ur lingo its raving!!! lol...jk...whatever u call it thou...its still the same junk..i always thought liquid was more like uptown (not on the floor) breaking...when ur more concerned with body movements..with raving..its more like..jsut staying still and doing figure 8's n junk

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
It's not raving!Anybody who is at a rave is 'raving'. Even if they have their hands tied to their sides.I reckon liquid is only liquid if it is 'like water'. Otherwise it is 'dancing and waving glowsticks about'.Ravergirl - what about having them on very short strings (like 2 inches)? You'll quadruple the amount of moves you can do...Princess