Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Move that's been haunting me

Login/Join to Participate

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Hey, what move makes trailers like around "home" in the home of poi logo? I've seen it done before, and seen pics of it, and i might able to do it, but since i can't see myself i'm not sure.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
erm - a couple of possibilities...a simple double cross (I guess?) where you are spinning in time and then as the poi come over you send either to the other side...much like you do with a skipping rope.The other way I can see that effect, is by doing a *really* out of shape alternating butterfly.Also - it could be a horizontal butterfly, doing a rep in front of your body and a rep above your head alternating...facing the viewer.hope this helps.JoshPS find a mirror smile[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 11 May 2001).]

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Another way would possibly be an overhead butterfly thats way out of shape.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
[josh] has it right...i know this cuase i have donr it in the mirror. spin in reverse at your sides.split time the spins. now move the poi in front of your body. Palm facing inward towords each other, hands are almost straight up and down. move it around a little and eventually youll see it. it forms an atom-like pattern around your body.pretty much the first move perfected.prettymuch the only move i did for about three weeks... [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image]"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
grin Thanx super!

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
this move looks extremely effective when you raise it up and put them both behind your head...youll keep that atom-pattern going, but titled upward, then if you time it right, you can bump it into a behind the head standard butterfly, then you can bring it down in front of you and youll be in a forward butterfly....very cool effect...there are some other cool little moves you an pull out of that reverse swing that you dont see tvery often. I have about three more...Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
no prob, this is a sinch for anyone!!! i call it the Atom!!! all you do is a simple crossover (to practice) but leave the strings swinging your opposite sides!!! your hands should be crossed! then, just simply sort of split time the swings and bring them so the cross infront of you, then slowly bring it above your head...and BAM your doing an atom!!! pretty kool! hope i could help!!! PLURMen have died from time to time and worms have eaten them. But not for love, but above all, let music be the food of love. PLay On!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!