Forums > Social Chat > Tomorrow night I had the strangest dream.......?

Login/Join to Participate

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey poi people.I have been thinking of the power of dreams and the subconscious as a creative input on poi. I have seen/done poi in dreams in the past, and always see moves happening that I don`t understand, but can never remember them or work them out if I do.I think that it is possible to have some sort of input on your dreams by blanking your mind of all thought except "I`m dreaming" before you go to sleep. This would work if you realised that you were dreaming and continued to do so. Therefore you should be able to control your dreams to a certain extent. Therefore dreaming about poi could create amazing moves, especially when the subconscious helps you along the way.I think that this could almost be dangerous by altering the flow of your normal subconscious, and I`m not suggesting this should be tried. But I`m looking forward to trying it! tee hee!Please feel free to write about any poi dreams you have had (or will have?) here....I would explain a couple but I feel I have already said my piece.Peace, Love and LightTony (*TOUCH*)P.s sweet dreams

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Actually with practice, controlling your dreams is indeed completely do-able. Lucid dreams are hard to manipulate but get easier with time. I used to be plagued with nightmares (and I mean screamers!) one in particular which was a recurring dream. I practiced a long time but once I changed the course of my nightmare while dreaming, I have never had that nightmare again.Everybody has no doubt experienced a lucid moment in a dream that seems so real, where they realize they are in fact dreaming, it is then that you can manipualte your dream. The hard thing to do is stop yourself from waking up. Learning the skill to control my dreams was very useful to me, but as long as they are not scary, I prefer rolling along with a dream and seeing where my mind will take me. There are loads of books about controlling dreams, which teach you how to be aware of and manupipulate dreams.------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Lucid dreaming is an interesting process. I haven't done a whole lot of work on it, but there are time when I realize that I have a choice about my actions in a dream. "Do I really want to do this?" I ask myself. Sometimes, yes, sometimes, no.

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
Definatly would agree that the subconscious has an input on creativity. Seems most people have an experience of "I just zoned out and started doing all these things I didn't know I could do!".There's heaps of sources online about LD's too, https://www.lucidity.com/
probably being the most authorative, with https://www.astralsociety.com
being a close second.Can't say I’ve had any poi LD's though, but I find deep-ish meditation, where the subcon. takes over, has helped in ironing out or developing some transitions or combo's.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Nice topic, Touch !Two things : one is that I totaly agree with the possibility of lucid dreaming cause I have been able to do it until I turned 12 or 13 I think (I would be able to control my dream and stop it with two keywords, but it comes back from time to time . Kat, by the way there is some good tibetan meditation course about controlling dreams in Dharamsala...But to talk about Poi-related dreams I had two very recently : in one I was trying to spin glowsticks (which I have never done yet) but the light would not appear and the stick would break before I do anything - talk about frustration ...) and a beautiful one just a few days ago actually. I was spinning fire as usual and suddenly the two whicks on fire turned into some amazing colourful birds simply flying around me. trust me on that : woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smile amazing vision !!!shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 05 July 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"