Locoflymember
62 posts

Posted:
hey people. i havent posted in a while but i feel that i absolutely must. have any of you seen the movie underworld yet? theres this sick razor whip spinning scene where this vampyre cuts up this werewolf and then gets his head bitten off. i think this scene made the movie for me. if anyone has the clip yet PLEASE POST IT! razor whips for everyone WOOOO!

From the makers of soylent green.

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
OMG! I am so glad that someone else in the world has seen the soylent green. I was starting to think I was the only one. I am so happy to find out I am not entirely insane.(sorry, no clip)

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I saw this, i believe he's doing some sort of Whip Weave, it kicked ass.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
The hell, I have such a beef with the cinema now becausse of this movie. It's rated R, but I though "whatever" since I've been going to R movies since I was like, 12.
So we've bought our tickets, they've been ripped by the chick, we go to the theater where it's playing and this girl who happens to be cleaning near the door turns around and goes "You know this movie ia rated R, right?" We're all like "yup". And then she asks for id!>.< The only reason it's rated R is for "extreme violence", and they were showing us Gladiator in school. I'd say that's pretty damn violent. Even when Flip showed his id she wouldn't let us in, though aren't you supposed to be able to go if you're accompanied by someone over 18?
Bah!

P*L*U*R

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
That seriously sucks ass. As for the 18 thing, sometimes when they see a bunch of younger people they ignore those kind of rules and just kick them out. Like once a group of my friends went to a rated R movie, only one of us was 16 while everybody else was 17. So one person just bought two tickets, I mean the guy sold him both so we thought it was cool. Well this woman comes into the theater during the previews, asks for id, and kicks the whole group of like 10 people out because one guy was two weeks too young. Later we came back and got our money refunded, because we realized how much we had gotten ripped off.

As for Underworld, I definitly enjoyed it. Gave me quite the rush, vampire movies are one of my greatest joys in life And the razor whip weave did kind of rock, though that vampire was stupid for thinking he could fend off an attack with them, it seemed to me without guns the vampires were in general terribly weak against the werwolves. Still a cool flick though

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Well, i work at a theatre myself, and heres the thing... we are suppose to ask everyone for ID unless the person is obviously over 18. If we see people sneaking into a movie, we must persue them, and on some occations we even have to "babysit" to make sure kids arn't sneeking into big people movies. This is a rule set by the theatre headquaters (located in New Glascow) to enforce age restrictions put forward by the Maritime Film board. Canada is lucky, most movies in canada, or atleast the maritimes, that are rated AA (14+) are rated R in the states, and its on rare occations that a movie, such as Underworld, could maintain its Age Restrictions put on it by the american film board. Enough of the offical mumbojumbo. This is how i see it...

If my manager is around, 75% of the time i'm going by the rules because only 1 of my managers is cool as dirt about everything, if nobody is around and you seem more mature than a 16 year old then i'm letting you in, but if your 12 trying to pass as 16, or 14 trying to pass as 18, get the hell outta my theatre.

As for friends, i always let my friends in, sometimes i can even get them in for free depending on where the manager is. So Deimos, Cerberus, Blaze, all the HFX locals, if you want to pay the bridge fare pay the extra bus money to make the trip to Empire 6 Dartmouth find the tall guy named Nick (for those locals who don't yet know me) and i'll see what i can do. I'll be working Friday night in the box office.

[ 24. September 2003, 13:52: Message edited by: DarkDevil ]

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

CinderpupSILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
Replying to the scene talked about in the first post he does the weave with the whips... I swear it.. I was watching him do it and I was like "Say what?!" hehe

And where I go the flame shall follow. Be warmed by my outward souls flare and may it guide you through darkened paths.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
definately, i had my first vampire enduced gasim...

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
The movie just rocked in general!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that sword victor had. Course it was even better when Selene sliced victors head in two.
(I'm partial to swords). KaZeKo liked the whip part, I liked it too... I don't know I guess I'm just not big on whips. We took a friend and KaZeko's little sister with us. Everyone liked the sword scene the most.

mmmm guns, swords, vampyres everything I like in a movie.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i am d-loading the flic at the mo, what ill do is post the clip on the net when i get it!

i cant wait stop telling me about it, but i can teel you the 3rd Matrix fight scens are well sound they will just make you go, WOW and drool!, plus the 3rd lord of teh rings is sound!

Step (el-nombrie)

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
did no one else think it was crap???

although it was definitely a 3-beat with whips.
i like the whole idea, but some of it just made me burst out laughing due to its crapness!
(sword incident towards the end of the film)

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.