DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Couldn't be arsed typing explainations...

Flash mobs

So anyone seen or taken part in one yet?

We had our first one in Dublin on saterday and I know they're already in London. Spreading like wildfire, they're fun, confusing and completely pointless.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Saw one on telly in a Sofa shop in london.

The guy who owned the shop had closed but thought there was a celebrity outside so opened the door again and five hundred flash mobbers came and sat on his sofas all on the phone telling their friends about the sofa shop without using the letter 'O'.

The guy who started it is making a fortune.
Lucky Bastard.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Err how so? Didn't think there was money to be made from it...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heh in Melbourne, we have the 'spontaneous choir' who do things like create a quadrophonic cacophony across multi-level shopping centre atriums - with smelly hippies tho.

by flash mobs, i thought yas meant nudity! ah well, to each their own!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Well technically I don't suppose there is but he's been doing rather alot of telly appearences
and is becoming quite well known.

Also, i guess it wont be long before it's hijacked when some company realises the potential of all this publicity.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I want one!

how much are they?

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
hee hee, i read about these a month or so ago happening in the staes... it amuses me

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've been doing that for ages, but I suppose it doesn't make such a good story when there's only 1 of you

The idea seems pretty good, but in an interview I read, someone was quoted as saying it's all about the spontineity of it all, then later says that it's organised using the internet and that people are starting to organise having them every 2 weeks. Doesn't sound particularly spontanious to me.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
lol, I've been folowing the US stories on mobbing for a bit, very amusing. I want one in Manchester!! Altho' I wouldn't be able to go to it unless it was on a Saturday as I work 10 miles out, in the countryside(yes we do have countryside just 10 miles out of Manc for those Sotugherners who don't believe me :-P)

Apparently some comedian did a similar thing at glasto this year taking his crowd and surrounding the first sleeping hippy they found whilst pretending to be giraffes and singing "You are my sunshine"...I must spend more time in the comedy tent.

appleogies for teh spellings aswell, new contacts and I can't see a damn thing.

p.s. Chill was ace btw for those who are interested

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Glasto comic wasn't Ross Noble was it?

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

siliconslavemember
36 posts

Posted:
looks fun - i wanna try,
so whose up for trying to organsise a flash poi somewhere in the uk then ?