rsteve388BRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
Where do you go to spin? A park? A friends house? Certain festivals and if so which festivals are open to having spinners?
Are there any places you would suggest not to go and spin? ( i am guessing the restrictions on spinning would apply mainly to fire spinners and not to LED spining, but i am not sure if that's true or not.)

Thanks!

People still use Instant Messenging??

rsteve388BRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
For the record, I spin in my house, i don't feel comfortable (yet) spinning outside of my house in public. Though that may change as i plan on spinning at a festival ( LED poi) in NJ in July.

People still use Instant Messenging??

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
I've still yet to meet another spinner in person, actually. I'd imagine I may start seeing them as I head to the odd juggling meet or what have you.

I typically play with sock poi indoors and wander outside when I break out LEDs or the flags. I love the freedom of spinning outside, but spinning inside appeals to my lazier side.

Fluidity.

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Anywhere with enough open space to spin and move around a bit. Preferably not cold and windy or rainy. With friends/other spinners or alone doesn't really matter either, so long as I feel like it. I sort of just always carry a set of poi with me everywhere I go.

Don't spin in busy places unless there's a clear spot where people won't walk into your poi - non-spinners have a tendency to do that, probably because they don't understand the amount of space you take up. Also in public places be prepared for any sort of heckling (even if you're not busking/performing) and comments/innuendo about your poi.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

synndarellaDIAMOND Member
61 posts

Posted:
I have patio doors which are mirrors on the outside during the day and mirrors on the inside at night.. talk about luxury! Mind you, I still haven't got the hang of removing partially smashed light bulbs hehehe

Sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind. The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself~

InsertheUsermember
2 posts

Posted:
I always use my friend’s house to spin.

KayBe87SILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
Anywhere and everywhere I get the urge. People arent intimidating when you're doing what your doing for you and fir nobody else.

My favorite spot, though, is the tiny beach in the town I grew up in. I see my childhood neighborhood in a whole new light..and not just from the fire poi (haha I had to. Im still so psyched that I did my first burn the other day)

Marc AbbottSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
I poi anywhere, my poi spots of choice are usually just parks around the town I live in. When ever I film I usually travel up to the mountains or head to the beach. But anywhere is beautiful to poi, because poi is beautiful.

My favorite spot I have ever poi was on the Brooklyn Pier in New York... It was even better then Times Square (time square so was bright it literally made my poi look hardly even on..) The backdrop was incredible and the short video I did film even though I was hardly as good as I am is still my favorite video I have filmed of myself today.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
currently in my living room. Which isn't so great given I'm nearly 2m tall but better than outside in the rain!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

graham youngSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
I spin alot in the living room , much to the dismay of my flatmate =) Northern Ireland realie has pants weather ........... but when i can go out, by the side of the river out the back of where i live ..... very peaceful.