ICTYYOUstranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys! I'm not sure exactly where I should have posted this, but hopefully "Beginner moves" is the right place.... I have a friend who is trying to learn poi, but (as far as I know) has a disability where he is unable to use one of his hands. Do any of you know any moves that he would be able to do with just one hand or have any tips or links to videos? I believe I saw a video on here of a one-handed weave, but that's about all I've been able to find. Thanks!
EDITED_BY: ICTYYOU (1316230081)

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
There are a few people who work on random one handed moves, as with most things they just take work to make it happen.

Just a suggestion, if it wasn't thought of already, Meteor.
Then you wouldn't have to think about two seperate objects being held.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
It gets rather limiting in what you can do with just one hand and poi unless he is really, really patient.

Is a staff out of the question? He could do contact staff without too much hassle and it will help with learning meteor. (which is essentially a 1 handed poi type thing)

hug

Nubbzstranger
9 posts

Posted:
To be honest I could aid in learning with one hand, I only have one hand. I have to ask what kind of disability however.

Nubbzstranger
9 posts

synndarellaDIAMOND Member
61 posts

Posted:
This is good
One handed tech poi (well ish)

Sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind. The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself~