Kendal Turnerstranger
1 post

Posted:
I am part looking for a suitable alternative to fire fans for inside performance. I have yet to come across an LED version. Does anyone have any recommendations for giving unlit fans a "boost".

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Glow sticks maybe? Ultrabright ones would certainly be noticed, although they only last about 5 minutes.

GTinSoCalstranger
1 post

Posted:
I have LED string light that I am ordering a couple of extra to put in a sock poi. I have pics of what they look like so far, just not bunched up in a ball!
They are really bright and I think they will work great. I like to paint with light, and fire here in the desert doesn't work so well...

GT

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
EL-Wire?

Small battery pack and if it's fixed in place and not wiggled can last ok without breaking (providing dry) but can be fragile if banged about. fixed on or variable strobe, multiple colours, you could make it look like you had glowing peacock tails wink

you can now get EL-panels and stuff too which can be made to order at some places in your cut design. (the below used to be good but are now a bit too commercial only doing large volumes but plenty of places out there.

https://www.surelight.com/electroluminescent_wire_EL_wire_glow_wire.htm

Instructibles for making a full costume wink our group used stick men initially but now have full body suits, and I'm looking to trim a 1920's tail coat and top hat to be a sort of glow ring master.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Light-Up-Costume/

It's Not Great for fast movment as a single strand, but enough in one place can create quite a bright effect. Make sure you get the superbright type, White is brightest, followed by aqua and yellow then green and red / orange is not all that bright and can be washed out a bit by other colours.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Chris_Lu1DIAMOND Member
Flow Artist
67 posts

Posted:
A bit on the expensive side, but in case you are willing, how about using the flow toys system with a fan?
The easiest is packing tape and a few flowlight units.
The way I like is making a small fan frame, adding wooden dowels to the end, sliding 1.5L tubes over the dowels and bolting them in place.
If you have a flow toy system all ready, you can just use that and that way 5 of the lights from one fan can turn into the 5 ends of one side of a dragon staff or two pairs of nun-chucks, etcetera... This works out well, except it's pretty off balanced.

I just sew 4 pockets (one in each space between) into my fan covers with chiffon (so light can shine through) and slide a flow light into each pocket.

Christoperstranger
1 post

Posted:
Originally Posted By: ShadowlessTygerA bit on the expensive side, but in case you are willing, how about using the flow toys system with a fan?
The easiest is packing tape and what is smd 5050 a few flowlight units.
The way I like is making a small fan frame, adding wooden dowels to the end, sliding 1.5L tubes over the dowels and bolting led 12 volt lights them in place.
If you have a flow toy system all ready, led strip flexible you can just use that and that way 5 of the lights from one fan can turn into the 5 ends of one side of a dragon staff or two pairs of nun-chucks, etcetera... This works out well, except it's pretty off balanced.

I just sew 4 pockets (one in each space between) into my fan covers with chiffon (so light can shine through) and slide a flow light into each pocket.

Where can I buy LED flexible strips products?
I want to use flex strips to decorate my studio, but i'm hard to these electronic thing. What else need in the circuit?

Christen Watson SalcedoBRONZE Member
1 post