JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Anybody know what the wait time is now that christmas is over?
I just made an order thinking the rush must be over, but after I paid, I got a message saying it may be up to 3 weeks.
I won't be here in 3 weeks, had I known ahead of time there might be a 3 week delay I wouldn't have placed the order.

rugglerBRONZE Member
Toss Juggler
15 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure. I also just ordered something. It said that delays, as of December 15th, were 1 to 3 weeks. However, it also said that my delivery will arrive no later than January 4th, which was exactly one week. I guess we will find out how long it will take...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I assume you mean an order from HoP not generalised shipping delays at UK ports and airports.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Yes, an order from HoP. Hopefully it gets here before I leave and have to get somebody to ship it to me again.

rugglerBRONZE Member
Toss Juggler
15 posts

Posted:
Nevermind. Now it says it will arrive on Feb 4.

JoshDGnewbie
49 posts

Posted:
I spoke to one of the guys at HoP because I was about to place an order and it's all due to any possible delays in your area etc.

If your in the UK there are delays because of customs as opposed to Royal Mail but not sure about everyone else though sorry.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
So I just checked the shipping info again, now there is a warning about the 3 week delay...
My expected delivery date is now nearly 6 weeks from my order date though, twice the now listed delivery date. This is unacceptable, and it will be my last order from HoP.

Not that HoP is at fault for the shipping or anything, but I wasn't told of the delay beforehand, and now it's twice that again.
I'm not ever going to be in place that long, and not being told of a 6 week delay. That kinda like ordering fast food, and the being told it will be 20 minutes after you've paid for it. Really irritating...
EDITED_BY: JaredW (1293735325)

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Well maybe I got my order in before the delays, but my order status still says February 3.
December 29 to February 3 is a bit more than 1-3 weeks.
There was no warning about the expected delivery date being 5 weeks until the package had shipped. Now I got to ship it twice.

Hopefully it's not that long, I'm leaving the country in a few weeks. I'll have to ship it again frown